Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Mike Williams is out for the season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

If Mike Williams is out for the season

Sep 10, 2015, 10:08 AM

Do you think he will leave early and enter the draft? I hope he will return but after an injury like this he might think it's best to go ahead and leave

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Mike Williams is out for the season

Sep 10, 2015, 10:13 AM

> Do you think he will leave early and enter the draft?
> I hope he will return but after an injury like this
> he might think it's best to go ahead and leave

no.

He doesn't want to leave like this. He will be back in time

Sep 10, 2015, 10:26 AM

to embarrass the Coots, win the ACC title, playoff and NC. THEN he can turn pro.

Sep 10, 2015, 10:30 AM

I think a lot of guys go pro early so they don't risk injury their senior season. In Mike's hypothetical case he would redshirt this year and then ball out next year leaving open the option should he get injured to come back, rehab and then ball out for his redshirt senior season

He won't be out for the season.

Sep 10, 2015, 10:30 AM

A small fracture in the neck bone is a scary thing but the biggest concern was swelling.

The fact the he doesn't need surgery is a big deal.

Like any bone, the small fracture in the neck bone will heal to 100% in 6-8 weeks.

At that time I expect him to return.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: He won't be out for the season.

Sep 10, 2015, 10:43 AM

Did you sleep at a Holiday Inn last night? Just kidding. Thanks Tiger.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He won't be out for the season.

Sep 10, 2015, 10:56 AM [ in reply to He won't be out for the season. ]

I hate to sound selfish, but this might be the best thing for Clemson. He comes back plays the last 4 or 5 games. He would probably need to finish his senior year to get drafted high. So that's 4 or 5 more games than Clemson would have gotten.

Strongly disagree. We need him RIGHT NOW during

Sep 10, 2015, 11:54 AM

this 3 game stretch against UL, ND, and GT. By next season our young guys will be ready to fill his shoes, but right now i just can't imagine that they are ready to play at that level. Mike giving us a huge year this season and then going pro early to make way for McCloud and Cain would have been a much better scenario.

We will need him on the field down the stretch ...

Sep 10, 2015, 11:15 AM [ in reply to He won't be out for the season. ]

... especially when we go down to Columbia in November.

Even if this turns out to be his last season as a Tiger, I don't believe he will not play later this year if he's healthy and able.

As a Palmetto State kid, no way he'll miss the SCAR game in November and then seriously, how could he possibly just sit out the playoff games ?? ;)

If I were Mike, when possible to return, I would base it on

Sep 10, 2015, 10:41 AM

the team's success. If still undefeated, I would return to make an impact.

If things have not gone as planned, meaning we dropped a game or two, then not a bad idea to further heal and take advantage of the redshirt.

Regardless, DO NOT RUSH BACK!

Re: If I were Mike, when possible to return, I would base it on

Sep 10, 2015, 10:44 AM

Tiger Woods, please continue to post on the board, you and a select few are always spit on. Thanks.

If he is continued to be spit on he will probably

Sep 10, 2015, 10:49 AM

stop posting. Just spit balling here of course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

This is outrageous! What kind of Clemson fan wood

Sep 10, 2015, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: If I were Mike, when possible to return, I would base it on ]

spit on Tiger Woods?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Is Lindsey Vonn a Clemson fan?***

Sep 10, 2015, 10:50 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I have no clue what your rant is about.***

Sep 10, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: If I were Mike, when possible to return, I would base it on ]

Re: I have no clue what your rant is about.***

Sep 10, 2015, 11:32 AM

He doesn't either but I'm being entertained so you simma on down dar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought,

Sep 10, 2015, 10:44 AM

I can't say whether he returns to play this year or not. I don't think it matters. If they rate him high enough by his opinion he will probably go, else wise he'll try again next year.

Other factors of a personal nature may influence where he thinks the rating is high enough to leave now. We guess at all this, I'm guessing he returns to play this season and Dabo gives him all he wants on the field.

IMO, there's an 85% chance this will be his last season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2015, 11:29 AM

No way he leaves if he's out all year. He's been good for us but missing a complete season would REALLY hurt his draft stock

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic