Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson basketball wants to be a leader and a positive example right now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

If Clemson basketball wants to be a leader and a positive example right now

Jul 10, 2020, 8:10 AM

It will fire brownell....

Let’s just fire and cancel everything. Shut the world down!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Clemson basketball wants to be a leader and a positive example right now

Jul 10, 2020, 8:19 AM

Brownell is a good coach. I honestly thought he was brilliant at the end of the game in Chapel Hill last year. We lost because of his coaching. That’s just my 2 cents.

Jul 10, 2020, 8:40 AM

He’s a brilliant coach....but we lost to the worst team in the league because of his coaching....?
Am I missing something here??

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 8:44 AM

Ok yeah I admit we had no point guard available and the 2 guard was making his first career start So, yes we were depleted like never before and awful. But I thought Brownell applied the heat with pressure at a time that put the Heels in panic. He handled overtime brilliantly. That’s all I was trying to say. I do think he’s a good coach.

Jul 10, 2020, 9:51 AM

I’ll say he’s a decent coach. Maybe the best we can get for now in the ACC. He doesn’t seem to be making any forward progress with the program though and that’s the issue with many CU fans. We need to see progress. Whether it be in recruitment or player development or winning games Or finishing games or making the tournament or something. But to me the only progress we’ve made in the Brownell era is upgrading the facilities.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 10:05 AM

Yes, the facilities are great and Littlejohn is crazy when the fans are engaged. You have the same problem we’ve always had in football. We have always been in the shadow of Clemson and a few others in the ACC. I don’t know what it will take but I still think basketball can be done at Clemson. I live in the area and live going to games at Clemson.

You obviously haven't been following our recruiting.***

Jul 10, 2020, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: If Clemson basketball wants to be a leader and a positive example right now ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: You obviously haven't been following our recruiting.***

Jul 10, 2020, 2:53 PM

I have followed some. Clemson is not signing the elite but recruiting is ticking upwards right? There was a 4 star just committed last week right?

I was responding to RunJumpCatch above.

Jul 10, 2020, 2:57 PM

Yes, recruiting has definitely improved the last few cycles. Our 2020 class is a top 30-ish class, including two top 100 players (both 4 stars). Our 2019 class was 4 stars as well.

Obviously not elite recruiting like UNC, but definitely good for Clemson basketball standards.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I was responding to RunJumpCatch above.

Jul 10, 2020, 3:00 PM

Oh I’m sorry. I thought your post was to me. I really do think Brownell is going to break through. He seems to be right on the verge. At least that’s my take on it.

Jul 10, 2020, 11:36 AM [ in reply to Re: If Clemson basketball wants to be a leader and a positive example right now ]

2 kids on UNC are from where we live. Both were high recruited and were great HS players. Neither played much last year due to injuries. Theey're good kids and I'd never rub it in but I sure am glad we ended that stupid streak

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 12:13 PM

I completely understand about the streak. Who are the 2 kids you know on the UNC team?

Jul 10, 2020, 12:49 PM

Manning and Francis. Both from right outside Columbus, OH

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2020, 12:50 PM

I dont really know them I have seen them around and saw them play in HS.

Jul 10, 2020, 1:07 PM

I thought that’s the 2 because you did mention injuries and being from the same area. Yes, good kids. Injuries have been cruel to those 2 guys. Francis transferred to New Mexico. Hope he heals up and does well there.
Hey thanks for the talk. I guess we better hush. People seem irritated that we’re talking basketball.

Jul 10, 2020, 12:30 PM

What an odd football post.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure the Judge agrees with you...

Jul 10, 2020, 12:43 PM

Doesn't even post about bkball any more. He ignored the new recruit commiting last week...

I'm sure the Judge agrees with you...

Jul 10, 2020, 12:43 PM

Doesn't even post about bkball any more. He ignored the new recruit commiting last week...

Thanks. I didn't ignore anything.

Jul 10, 2020, 2:59 PM

I haven't been posting as much until the thread last night.

Re: I'm sure the Judge agrees with you...

Jul 10, 2020, 3:02 PM [ in reply to I'm sure the Judge agrees with you... ]

It has reduced your troll posts though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic