Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Competency. It's back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Competency. It's back

Mar 5, 2021, 7:48 AM

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/03/04/world/covid-19-coronavirus#the-united-states-is-now-averaging-2-million-vaccine-doses-administered-per-day

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Competency. It's back

Mar 5, 2021, 8:24 AM

and leadership

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 11:18 AM

Only someone thinking like a Neanderthal would use the word 'competent' when describing the Sniffy Joe administration. 'Pathetically impotent' would be more accurate. Not a single world leader has any respect for Sniffy. Heck, he probably couldn't put together a child's five piece wooden puzzle without being shown step by step instructions on a teleprompter in slow motion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And America still decided t he was a better choice

Mar 5, 2021, 12:23 PM

than Trump. Speaks volumes.

Re: And America still decided t he was a better choice

Mar 5, 2021, 1:11 PM

Gives you a good idea of where our education system stands.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it does.

Mar 5, 2021, 1:15 PM

I think you missed the point

Mar 5, 2021, 1:19 PM

I'd bet the above graph using Ivy League graduates

Mar 5, 2021, 4:42 PM

Would look much worse for the Republican side. Or does Ivy League not align with your perspective of quality education?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'd bet the above graph using Ivy League graduates

Mar 5, 2021, 5:21 PM

Re: I'd bet the above graph using Ivy League graduates

Mar 5, 2021, 9:05 PM

Agree. The smartest people I know have a high school diploma and no more. Degrees have zero to do with intelligence.

You quoted "We’re talking about the quality of education."

Mar 10, 2021, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I'd bet the above graph using Ivy League graduates ]

If you don't think the average Ivy Leaguer is smarter than the average Midlands Tech student, then I can't help you.

I wouldnt argue this one

Mar 5, 2021, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Competency. It's back ]

I think Trump did a lot of good, but being a true leader, was not one. He was better at leading on the world stage than at home, which is sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 5, 2021, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Competency. It's back ]

Mar 5, 2021, 11:05 AM

What exactly has been the Federal response re: Immunizations that warrants praise for competency? The states are administering the vaccines that were pushed through under Trump's Operation Warp Speed. My understanding is that roughly a million vaccines were administered on Trump's last day. Pfizer and Moderna ramped up production and J&J now is also available. It is therefore not surprising that the number of daily vaccines administered has roughly doubled. I think Biden has low balled expectations with his 100 million doses in 100 days initiative. I think we would be exactly where we are now had Trump been reelected.

I guess competence is in the eye of the beholder. I'm not sure I see competence on relaxing immigration or pushing a huge pork laden $1.9 trillion dollar bill that has actually little to do with COVID. I don't see competence with not pushing schools to reopen. I don't see competence re: Keystone. I don't see competence when some Dems are wanting Biden to have oversight with the nuclear football. I don't see competence when Biden's staff constantly hustles him offstage without taking unscripted questions. Why is this?

I do see a calm, pleasant old man at the helm. He and Jill seem to have a nice marriage. He has nice pets. He is not a narcissist, arrogant prikk like Trump. Competence- well we'll have to just agree to disagree. I do not feel he would light up a mental acuity test.

Mar 5, 2021, 11:08 AM

Not a comment on either administration, but apparently they did just broker a deal where Merck, whose vaccine candidate failed, will produce extra J&J vaccines at their facilities.

That's pretty cool.

The world is taking notice too

Mar 5, 2021, 12:23 PM

Why do they need to be let in?

Mar 5, 2021, 12:29 PM

I thought Biden opened the border so any rapist, murderer, or drug dealer (like those pictured) could just walk across. That’s what the right wingers told me.

Re: Why do they need to be let in?

Mar 5, 2021, 12:37 PM

I’m ok with locking the Twitter account. If they want to send

Mar 5, 2021, 1:08 PM

that info to ICE, that would be fantastic. But putting it out to the public and risking some vigilante justice isn’t the best way to go about it. I’d hope they would send that info to ICE and then have them follow up and investigate. Now they might not, and if so that’s a problem, but the solution would be to fix ICE, not put it on Twitter.

Misread that article. Ya that’s an issue***

Mar 5, 2021, 1:10 PM

Re: I’m ok with locking the Twitter account. If they want to send

Mar 5, 2021, 1:13 PM [ in reply to I’m ok with locking the Twitter account. If they want to send ]

Both parties suck at governing. Both do some things

Mar 5, 2021, 1:18 PM

I agree with, both do things I disagree with. I don’t think one is significantly better than the other. Unfortunately we have a lot of $hitty politicians from both parties. Having to pick from the best of the worst like this last election doesn’t set us up for success.

Re: Both parties suck at governing. Both do some things

Mar 5, 2021, 1:24 PM

Re: Both parties suck at governing. Both do some things

Mar 6, 2021, 3:26 AM

I just have no idea why the country that allows more legal immigrants (by far) into its borders isn't supposed to enforce its immigration laws set forth by congress.

Re: Why do they need to be let in?

Mar 5, 2021, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Why do they need to be let in? ]

Biden is demonstrating great competence. None of these illegal COVID positive patients will be sent to nursing homes. That is leadership. Seriously, why would we accept COVID + illegals. Had these same folks found themselves at Ellis Island many years ago, they would have been sent back to their home country.

How is competence defined as

Mar 5, 2021, 1:00 PM

- Knowingly releasing immigrants with COVID into the general population
- Not being prepared for the disaster now happening at the southern border
- Stopping construction to secure our border
- Not having a live press conference, ever
- Putting Psaki out there with no information
- Appointing people to high positions that are known extremists that have tweeted their positions for all to see
- Saying we should re-enter the Iranian nuclear deal while simultaneously bombing Iranian backed forces in Syria

Re: How is competence defined as

Mar 6, 2021, 6:53 AM

Of all the things on your list I would just like to ask Biden the easiest question. When will you give a live press conference? When will you talk to the American people about your executive orders? When you you stand there and answer tough questions as Trump did?
It’s getting to the point it seems clear they are protecting Biden from Biden.

Re: How is competence defined as

Mar 6, 2021, 7:13 AM

He cannot endure what Trump went through. Any honest person would agree with that. His first State of the Union will be interesting, if he makes it. I'm praying for him and pulling for him, but I'm concerned of how Biden can be manipulated by foreign powers. Everyone should be concerned about that.

I wouldn’t be so sure ... pretty sure Joe wears Depends***

Mar 10, 2021, 4:51 PM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic