Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was "randomly selected" to have the option to purchase
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,811

I was "randomly selected" to have the option to purchase

Oct 11, 2016, 6:31 PM

face-value tickets to the National Championship game @ $450 per ticket (up to four tickets) through an email entry on the CFB Playoff website. The stadium has a designation for the Fiesta and Peach Bowl Champion sides, but I feel like buying tickets right now is too speculative considering that we don't know how we will be seeded come December. I don't want to end up with tickets where our fans are sitting on the other side of the stadium.

Should I just bite the bullet and purchase four tickets on the Fiesta Bowl Champ side assuming that we stay ranked at number 2 or 3? Or should I simply purchase the tickets regardless of where we end up and try to resell them on the secondary market once the game is officially announced.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was "randomly selected" to have the option to purchase

Oct 11, 2016, 6:43 PM

How long do you have to decide? I would probably go ahead and buy the Fiesta Bowl side since those tickets will be worth much more than $450 each. The fans at those kinds of big games get pretty intermixed as it is (and lots of folks who aren't really fans of either team).

I have until 10/21 to purchase...

Oct 11, 2016, 6:45 PM

they are upper deck tickets only. Do you think those tickets are valued at much higher where I could make my money back?

Re: I have until 10/21 to purchase...

Oct 11, 2016, 6:50 PM

Probably, but not certainly. Depends on which teams end up in the game and how much they want to go to Florida to watch the game. Also depends on when you sell.

See below for a copy and paste about last year's game:

SCOTTSDALE, Arizona -- Ticket prices on the secondary market for Clemson vs. Alabama continued to drop Monday, meaning the second College Football Playoff National Championship will likely replace last year's inaugural game as the cheapest ticket in recent national title history.

In the hours leading up to kickoff in Glendale, Arizona, Clemson-Alabama tickets were being sold on StubHub at an average price of $675. The get-in price to buy the cheapest ticket is currently $190. The face value of the ticket is $450, $550 or $650, depending on seat location.

This year’s average price sold on StubHub is well below final numbers for past CFP and BCS Championship Games:

• 2016: Clemson vs. Alabama in Arizona -- $675
• 2015: Oregon vs. Ohio State in Texas -- $807
• 2014: Florida State vs. Auburn in California -- $889
• 2013: Alabama vs. Notre Dame in Florida -- $1,640
• 2012: Alabama vs. LSU in Louisiana -- $1,808
• 2011: Auburn vs. Oregon in Arizona -- $1,154

StubHub said this year's game is the cheapest college title game since the company was acquired by eBay in 2007. Fans who waited for a lower price this year will get a good deal. The average ticket sold on StubHub for Clemson-Alabama was $1,231 on Dec. 31 when the matchup got set, and the price has been dropping ever since.

StubHub spokesman Cameron Papp said this doesn't necessarily signal a drop in demand since sales are only down about 2 percent from Oregon-Ohio State last year.

“I think sellers still haven’t figured out how to price the championship in this new playoff era,” Papp said. “Fans now have to decide whether to attend a semifinal game or risk it and wait for their team to get into the national championship. And if you go to one, you’re most likely not going to the other, unless you have deep pockets. More games with the same teams make it more of a buyers’ market.”

So far the, most expensive ticket sold on StubHub for Clemson-Alabama was $4,685 and the least expensive was $119. StubHub reports that 20 percent of the tickets sold are going to buyers in South Carolina, followed by 9 percent each from Alabama and Arizona.

It's cheap last year.

Oct 11, 2016, 8:40 PM

I bought a couple of $650 tickets for about $300 each. Also, I paid only $100 each for Club Seat at Orange Bowl. (Those seats are freaking awesome.)

But I'd imagine that Florida is a better destination than Arizona. If Clemson happens to go to Atlanta and then Tampa, I expect both games would be packed with orange.

2 Things from Last Year

Oct 11, 2016, 6:51 PM [ in reply to I have until 10/21 to purchase... ]

In AZ, the fans were pretty evenly mixed with a small, distinctly orange section and a small distinctly red section.

$450 for upper deck is on the verge of get your money back price. I paid only slightly more for my lower deck tickets after the Orange Bowl victory...

Oct 11, 2016, 7:33 PM

I got the same email, however when I went in to buy tickets, I could have purchased $450/550/650 tickets. When I selected the $550 and $650 tickets, they were in the end zone. After selected the best available option a couple of times, I noticed that they kept moving up in row numbers and getting worse. I bit the bullet and bought the $450 ones figuring I could get some of my money back if we do not go to the NCG.

Oct 11, 2016, 7:37 PM

I'd wait if price matters. We paid not much more than $200 each for four tickets (endzone lowers) just a few days before the National Championship and they were great seats. The CFP model is inevitably going to continue lowering ticket prices, and I think the best deals will be on the secondary market.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,811
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic