Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watson will show how he differs from Cam Newton
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 820

Watson will show how he differs from Cam Newton

Feb 8, 2016, 11:56 AM

We've seen and heard a lot about the relationship between the two QBs, and Newton always makes it seem like DW is his protege. At least that's how I've perceived it.

While DW likes to celebrate, he has yet to show anger and blame his mistakes on others. As his magical journey progresses, I hope and expect he will continue to reveal just how special he is.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

I too think they are very different

Feb 8, 2016, 12:02 PM

But when did Cam blame his mistakes on others? He blamed the whole team including himself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigertown

Re: Watson will show how he differs from Cam Newton

Feb 8, 2016, 12:22 PM

The fact the DW and Cam are friends probably means Cam is a good-guy (underneath his veneer).

I agree that Watson handles himself differently than Cam did in college. Watson does celebrate a little, but it's nothing excessive. Actually, I think DW can teach Cam a thing or two about handling adversity/defeat. There's little doubt DW would have handled the defeat to the Broncos better than Cam did. Cam was clearly flustered and probably wishes he had kept his cool.

In contracts to Cam, DW comes off as very humble. He always shoulders the blame for his performance, and takes the blame when his team underperforms (even if he has nothing to do with it). He acts like a 20 year-old CEO. He's publicly unflappable.

DW is a special kid, and he's emotionally more Mature than Cam is in some ways right now. Again, I don't think Cam is a bad-guy. We're just lucky that DW is who he is.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 820
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic