Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought today was our easy win before
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

I thought today was our easy win before

Feb 1, 2020, 11:04 PM

having a string of tough ones.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought today was our easy win before

Feb 1, 2020, 11:08 PM

On paper it at least was or supposed to be anyway

Feb 2, 2020, 7:28 AM

You'd think but we struggled to beat them at LJ. Tonight we played so poorly I dont think we could have beaten anyone

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 7:40 AM

We arent that good and Wake Forest isnt that bad. Our record is almost the same. We only beat them by 3 at home in the last game. I dont think we are the type of team that goes on the road and has easy wins. I think our only road win was by 3 at UNC and we should have never won that game either.

We never have an easy win because we play down to lesser competition.

Feb 2, 2020, 7:48 AM

It’s a loser’s mentality. Dabo’s teams plays to a standard. Brownell’s play to the level of the competition which leads to terrible inconsistency.

Feb 2, 2020, 7:50 AM

No such thing with Clemson basketball. Never has been, never will be.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2020, 8:30 AM

Misspelled easiest.

Thing is no one could say most probable. This was 2 young teams, in a talented league.
Clemson was on the road. We all new this young team is searching for consistency. They did not have that tonight. Now everyone wants to act like this was not a possibility, for whatever reason.

I did not see the first half but did the 2nd. In that half Wake got hot in a few flurries and we were all over the place. There was 4 instances where our guys got mugged in the paint on offense and there was no call, which killed our counter runs. Foul trouble by our guards and Newman getting stuffed by the rim (fell flat down on his back and had to leave the game) also contributed.

And my oh my did the haters show up. It was like they had been waiting for over a month or something, but with that entire month being an off month. Ha. We knew it was unlikely that we win out on the road. Especially with a young team that has to play this style. Coach Brownell said that this team will not blow other teams out, that they win down the stretch at the end. In gritty fashion. So yeah, funny how some come on here and act is if the matter at hand was something different than what it has been and funny how the media has fell in love with Cinderella. Apparently she can no longer come from the ACC, like Jimmy V and the Wolfpack. Is laughable that this conference was expanded and the number of teams going to the NCAA Tournament is reduced to 4 or 5. That would be like the SEC adding half the B1G East (in football) and barely getting 1 spot in the CFP. It is ridiculous.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic