Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I think this Abrams lady from GA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

I think this Abrams lady from GA

Mar 14, 2021, 10:35 AM

and lounge Liberals need to meet up. She is just about as ignorant and inflammatory as you all. What a freaking clown and to think you all want her as President. LofreakingL!!

https://twitter.com/washtimes/status/1371105294252670976?s=21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think this Abrams lady from GA

Mar 14, 2021, 10:57 AM

I thought you wishing my death and saying you wanted to storm the Capitol were inflammatory. On a side note, I don't think any of us here want her to be president. How's the leg by the way?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She’ll be the next GA gov’nuh

Mar 14, 2021, 12:29 PM

Most likely. She is a race baiter to the extreme.

Oink Oink Abrams.....

Mar 14, 2021, 12:06 PM

Racebaiter.....

Mar 14, 2021, 12:35 PM

She does not seem to be alone (nor ignorant, nor inflammatory) in recognizing Republican efforts to keep American groups who do not tend to support them from being able to vote.

This has been true and continues to be evident in the more than 250 Republican bills in state legislatures trying to restrict Americans' right to vote.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/22/us/politics/trump-republicans-black-voters.html

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/23/659784277/republican-voter-suppression-efforts-are-targeting-minorities-journalist-says

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/03/01/fight-state-level-black-voter-suppression-by-republicans-column/6832883002/

https://www.thenation.com/article/politics/republican-voter-suppression/

This stuff is going on harder than ever before - in Republican led state legislatures all across the country. Any objective analysis of this phenomenon shows it quite clearly. Why do y'all refuse to look at this squarely in its face and recognize it for what it is ?

Mar 14, 2021, 1:23 PM

Actually go in person with an ID to vote. The horror.

Tell me again what Dr., dmv, liquor store, snap office, hud office, IRS refund, cell phone store, etc, mthr fkn, etc, that doesn’t require an ID?

It’s so obvious that the left just wants unlimited ballots than can be dropped off anywhere. Liberals are literally destroying this country and people like you are cheering them on. Weak ###, pathetic, pieces of ###.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was required to show a photo ID today

Mar 14, 2021, 1:51 PM

For my COVID vaccine.

I don’t have to show such an ID to vote.

IMHO there is something wrong with that.

Somebody has been listening to David Duke lately.***

Mar 14, 2021, 2:01 PM [ in reply to Re: I think this Abrams lady from GA ]

Mar 14, 2021, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I think this Abrams lady from GA ]

Keowee

If you want to make it unnecessarily hard for Americans to vote, YOU are detached from reality.

Mar 14, 2021, 8:21 PM

By proving you are a real person and that you filled out your own ballot? Everybody should have to do that, every election.

Mar 15, 2021, 6:39 AM

Asking for every American to have ID to vote is the most reasonable request imaginable. If we can’t agree on that I really don’t see how any common ground can be found with democrats.

Mar 14, 2021, 2:11 PM [ in reply to Re: I think this Abrams lady from GA ]

The New York Times, NPR, USA Today and another article citing Mother Jones all claim that Republicans are intending to suppress minority votes. LOL! Black people can't register to vote? Blacks can't get photo ID's? Blacks can't properly request absentee ballots? Blacks can't do anything for themselves, but white people can? How demeaning these faux arguments are to blacks! How racist?! Oh! And before Stacey Abrams runs for anything next time around, she need to lose about 150 bills!

Mar 14, 2021, 6:34 PM

Why do you guys want to make it harder than necessary to vote ??

Could it be that you know that your worldview cannot attract a honest majority of American voters ?

Mar 14, 2021, 6:41 PM

I know, right?

I seem to remember her running for governor. There was some talk of her being VP but she was, well, too durn useful getting people registered to vote. She basically flipped Georgia for the Dems and handed them the Senate so I'd say that was a good call.

There's going to be some savage butthurt when she beats Kemp out and takes the governership in 2022. I don't see the 'Pubs stopping her again, no matter how many voting laws they change. Fact is, the more voting laws they change, the more it probably p!sses black voters off, and Stacy seems to have them pretty durn motivated right now in Georgia already...on account of, you know, constant voter-suppression tactics.

Rock on, GOP.

Mar 14, 2021, 8:15 PM

Do you think that any Repugs have ever looked themselves in the mirror and thought about how they might change their political positions so that Americans of color might actually vote for them ? Has it even occurred to them that their positions might need a little introspection and modification ??

Mar 14, 2021, 11:40 PM

Pugs will leave race baiting to the Dims

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2021, 8:18 AM

I do not think white people really understand how black people perceive these voter registration laws in Georgia.

They perceive it - correctly - as an attempt to game the system against them. Blacks are worried about being treated as second-class citizens because they have historically been treated as second-class citizens. Historically blacks haven never gotten equal treatment in regard to...well, anything. Schools. Civil rights. Job opportunities. Old-fashioned respect. Treatment by the police. Earnings potential. It went on and on, and across the board.

So when you see an all-white Georgia GOP passing voting laws designed solely to effect the rights of black Georgians to vote in future elections, that's kind of the definition of "race-baiting."

Access to the ballot box is the one fair thing we're supposed to have in America. One thing all of us are supposed to get - without exception - is the right to vote.

That's kind of the definition of "democracy".

So in a perverse sort of way, it's actually had the opposite effect. Every time Georgia has tightened its grip on the ballot box, it's allowed Abrams and her compatriots to rally black Georgians around their cause. Nothing seems to get people motivated to get out to vote more than questioning their basic worthiness to do it, and in constantly targeting the black community with these voter-suppression tactics the GOP has turned "Right To Vote" into something almost sacrosanct into the black community in Georgia, and they're rallying around that cause something crazy. You'd think the GOP would learn...but no. The Georgia GOP is...distinctly...not...learning.

She's going to do it again in '22, just watch. And this time, Abrams is going to have the election victories against Trump in '20 and the double Senate runoffs in '21 to rally behind. I think Kemp is in dire trouble.

Mar 15, 2021, 9:47 AM

So what are the Republicans doing in Georgia to stop black people from voting? Are the laws specific to black people? Are the laws different for Republicans and Democrats?

Mar 15, 2021, 10:38 AM

Well, stuff is harder for blacks from the get-go. Basic access, for one. Most whites hail from rural areas. They breeze in, vote in ten minutes. Lines in urban areas can go for as much as ten hours on voting day. That's why early voting is so popular in the city, it allows you to skip that craziness. Also vote by mail. Skip the line altogether. Which is exactly why the GOP fights so hard to get rid of vote-by-mail and early voting because they know it skews so hard against them. But that's BS. You don't get to pick your voters.

Also, there's the fact that voting machines in poor urban areas tend to be the crappy older ones. The older ones tend to produce a much higher rate of punch errors and recording errors that get disproportionately challenged and DQ'd. Also not a coincidence. Why would you put your older voting machines in the polling places where they're used the most heavily? Genuinely befuddling.

Another old, old 'Pub tactic - close city polling places at the last second, without notice, and then move them across town. They are well aware that poor urban voters (especially older ones, who are the ones who vote heavily!) do not have access to reliable transportation and often cannot make the trip. This often suppresses thousands of votes. This happens all the time in Georgia. Former Secretary of State (and now governor) Brian Kemp was actually famous for that crap in prior elections.

Long lines also lead to their own frustration. How many people can wait in line for 8-10 hours just to vote, especially those who have to work? How many are willing to? How many just walk away?

Purging voting rolls among people who move a lot is another age-old tactic. A lot of voters show up and discover they've been purged from the voting registrations...after it's too late to do anything about it. They can cast a provisional ballot, of course, but that still requires them to come back and prove their bona fides later within 7 days, and a lot of them don't have the time or simply don't and those votes are discarded...again, more votes - especially among heavily black people - discarded.

Sunday voting? The GOP discovered that Sunday voting drives were huge with black churches. So of course they banned Sunday voting, almost without fail across the entirety of the South.

It went on and on. That kind of thing is pretty much been the GOP playbook for awhile, and when you add it up, that's a ton of votes...and how Abrams was able to sell black people on the notion they weren't being given a fair shake, even at the ballot box. Because they weren't. Which is exactly why she was so able to so effectively rally the black community, especially in Atlanta. And the only thing these new laws are going to do, IMHO, is give Abrams yet another thing to rally around...which is probably not the greatest idea, right now.

Mar 15, 2021, 11:02 AM

Must be a Georgia thing. I live in an urban area and have never waited 8 or 10 hours to vote. None of my friends or associates, who are black, have ever said to me they have had a hard time voting.

Mar 15, 2021, 11:25 AM

If you don't mind my asking...do you live in a red state or blue state? And how long, on average, does it take to make through a voting line? Just curious.

Georgia is infamous for making it hard, especially in the city.

Mar 15, 2021, 11:43 AM

Depends on the election - a mostly red swing state. I early vote now. There are a lot of places to early vote here. When I voted on election day, the wait was an hour max. I'm not saying voter suppression does not happen, but I have never heard any personal stories.
I would not call this voter suppression, but I did witness something that I thought was pretty underhanded. I was working downtown and walking to my car one day after work, and this guy said he was doing a survey and asked who I was voting for. I told him (it was a republican in this case) and he said thanks and I walked on. I stopped and watched him for a bit. Next person walks by and he asks her the same thing. She says she is voting for the Democrat. So the guy then asks her if she is registered to vote and starts pulling out registration instructions and walks her through the instructions. Not voter suppression, but the guy was definitely more concerned about her voting than me. Seemed a little crooked.

Mar 15, 2021, 12:29 PM

Well, in this case, the dude was almost certainly working for the local Democratic Party and getting people registered to vote...for them. It's called the "ground game".

Door-to-door and person-to-person and wading into the masses and making sure people are registered and turn out is a big part of the campaign staffers' job. Stacy Abrams is an absolute master of it. Her so-called "ground game" is the best in the Democratic Party. She has mad boots on the ground; she's literally the Herschel Walker of the Democratic Party. The GOP had better hope Walker runs as a Pub for them as Senator (I've heard he's thinking about it) or Abrams is going to continue to leave her cleat marks all over them because I think I read somewhere she registered something like 800,000K voters this past cycle.

Those staffers aren't going to register people for the opposition, for durn sure. I mean, would you?

Mar 15, 2021, 12:43 PM

As in, he'd prefer certain people to not vote.

Mar 15, 2021, 1:31 PM

Well, absolutely. But you understand that this is standard politics, right?

Both parties have both volunteers and paid staffers out canvassing heavy voting areas doing this...and it's legal.

"Turn out your vote" is a huge part of politics. Finding them is a big part of that, and the easiest way to do that, sometimes, is just knock on doors, or just wade into a crowd and straight-up ask.

Bill Clinton won the Iowa primary in no small part back in the day because he was literally walking around the streets of Des Moines sticking out his hand talking to people. Dude might have been a straight-up crook but he was also straight-up fearless; he was not afraid to walk into the biomass and deal with The People, you know? One of the biggest surprises the pollsters found - aside from "who the eff is Bill Clinton?" (he was an absolute nobody at the time) - was, how many of the voters had actually met the guy.

Face to face works.

Is having an ID making it harder than necessary to vote?***

Mar 15, 2021, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I think this Abrams lady from GA ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She won dems the Senate.***

Mar 14, 2021, 2:02 PM

She sure did.

Mar 14, 2021, 2:29 PM

Basically a door to door campaign with all info filled out the resident just needed to mail it in.

Not sure our voting “rights” need to allow that.

Re: She sure did.

Mar 14, 2021, 2:37 PM

Sure people should have the right to vote, but too much participation in democracy is actually a bad thing because some people are just too stupid or too lazy to contribute a vote that I consider beneficial.

Does that include

Mar 14, 2021, 4:09 PM

single issue voters?

Where do you get this stuff? Who on here supported her

Mar 14, 2021, 5:25 PM

for President?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ignorant and inflammatory, that's rich***

Mar 14, 2021, 11:44 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ignorant and inflammatory, that's rich***

Mar 15, 2021, 10:45 AM

It really is from him. Ignorance is bliss.

Wasnt she on that show Good Times?

Mar 15, 2021, 1:33 PM

DY-NO-MITE

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So know that we know the Trump

Mar 16, 2021, 7:20 AM

call was nothing that we were told, is Abrams going to go on an apology tour and take back her words? I am waiting for her to be on every show in America this morning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic