Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we get Alabama it would give us a great opportunity to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 786

If we get Alabama it would give us a great opportunity to

Dec 3, 2013, 8:45 AM

benchmark and improve our program.

We may lose but the only way to know where you are is to continue to match up with the big dogs. We failed in the FSU game but if you never put yourself out there again you can never realize your true potential.

I liked FSU's attitude in the late 70's and through the 80's: We ain't scared to play anyone, anywhere. We may get beat but then again we may win and get better as a team.

Clemson may get a great opportunity to play another top team. I would be real interested to see how this team plays Bama. 2008 we had nothing and lost 34-10 and it should have been worst. Can we better that? Can we match and can we win? The only way to know is to play them.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we get Alabama it would give us a great opportunity to

Dec 3, 2013, 8:54 AM

Agreed. Better than playing a n. Illinois or central Florida.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we get Alabama it would give us a great opportunity to

Dec 3, 2013, 8:56 AM

now I was thinking if we could win and some more of them would shoot others of them not "disappointed" enough it would help their gene pool some. clearly it needs lots of work. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that you would have a good chance to win ...

Dec 3, 2013, 9:19 AM

.. I'm not sure how excited Alabama would be, not playing in the BCS Champ. Game.

Sounds like the reason they were carrying LSU's NFLers off.***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...The ole "We don't really want to be there" excuse, eh?

Dec 3, 2013, 9:22 AM [ in reply to I think that you would have a good chance to win ... ]

Not sure I've ever seen Bama take that kind of attitude in any game...nor many others for that matter.

Nevertheless, I'm always prepared to accept any excuse...as long as we win!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL...The ole "We don't really want to be there" excuse, eh?

Dec 3, 2013, 9:27 AM

Yea, I'm sure they will be bursting with excitement to play Clemson, rather than FSU. It's not Clemson's fault. Just making a point.

I'm sure that 48th ranked schedule kept them jacked up

Dec 3, 2013, 9:51 AM

all season.

2009_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2013, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: LOL...The ole "We don't really want to be there" excuse, eh? ]

Saban does not play around, ever. Bama will be prepared.

you obviously are too young to remember Bama vs Utah 2009

Dec 3, 2013, 9:27 AM [ in reply to LOL...The ole "We don't really want to be there" excuse, eh? ]

Bama lost late that year and got shut out of National Championship. They ended up in Sugar against Utah and got their arses beat. That same Bama team is the one that dominated us early that year. That same roster won 2 National Championships.

Bama will not be happy about being in the Orange Bowl especially if thier fans stay home, which some suggest.

Maybe Satan will finally blow a fuse... came close vs. Utah.***

Dec 3, 2013, 9:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2013, 10:15 AM [ in reply to LOL...The ole "We don't really want to be there" excuse, eh? ]

I'm really not too keen on playing a piztof Bama team, with a month to think about being the laughingstock of ESPN, because of that last play in the Iron Bowl. However, an OB win over them could reclaim a large chunk of our national perception, along with doing wonders for the Tigers' confidence.

Some would say its a "No Win", but not me, I love

Dec 3, 2013, 10:09 AM

the idea of getting a shot at Alabama.

If we win the game, analyst and writers will say that Bama did not want to be in Orange Bowl and that they did not play hard or some bogus excuse! Who honestly thinks
Saban will not have the Tide ready for all games, especially the Orange Bowl. Give me a break with that same ol LSU excuse, tired of hearing that played out excuse.

If we lose, oh well. Those same writers and analyst will say we never had a shot anyway, we were over-ranked and hadn't beat anybody with a pulse outside of Georgia. While I agree we played horribly with FSU, and just really fell apart with SC in the 4th quarter, our win over Georgia to begin the season was spectacular! Losing to Bama to finish the season would be another blemish on what could have been "that" season we all long for, but a win, WoW what a statement we make on national scene to help move on from the bad losses this year!

Alabama will be prepared, Clemson will be prepared! No excuses and no punches pulled it would be a great game.

I am not sure that this game will happen, nor is anyone else at this time but it seems like a nice matchup and great opportunity for Clemson to stay relevant nationally heading into 2014 with many newcomers stepping into some big time shoes.

Go Tigers!!

I'd like a Clemson/Bama matchup but...

Dec 3, 2013, 10:12 AM

just making the OB is my first choice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 786
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic