Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC 1013 Schedule is out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

SC 1013 Schedule is out

Oct 31, 2012, 4:25 PM

How do they get two open dates? Cupcake scheduled again before Clemson and 2nd Open date before Florida game. This schedule is not that difficult IMO.

August 31 NORTH CAROLINA
September 7 at Georgia*
September 14 VANDERBILT*
September 21 Open
September 28 at Central Florida
October 5 KENTUCKY*
October 12 at Arkansas*
October 19 at Tennessee*
October 26 at Missouri*
November 2 MISSISSIPPI STATE*
November 9 Open
November 16 FLORIDA*
November 23 COASTAL CAROLINA
November 30 CLEMSON

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC 1013 Schedule is out

Oct 31, 2012, 4:33 PM

We will get 2 open dates as well. Looks like the schedule starts Aug 31, PLUS the Clemson-SC game is the week after Thanksgiving and it appears Thanksgiving next year is a week later. This year, T-giving is Nov. 22, next year it will be Nov. 28. Thus, our game with SC this year is Nov. 24, and next year will be Nov. 30. So an "extra" weekend is in the college football schedule, so every team should get two bye weeks.

In fact, teams from the Big 12 and Big East will likely get 3 bye weeks because they don't have a conference championship game, but the conferences require that their teams (or at least some of them) play on the same weekend as conference championship weekend (which next year will be Dec. 7). Based on the schedule you posted, it looks like during the "regular season" there are 14 weeks to play 12 games. But Big 12 and Big East teams have the next weekend included in their regular season, so they will have 15 weeks to play 12 games, and that leads to them having 3 bye weekends.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's an extra week in the college football season

Oct 31, 2012, 4:33 PM

some years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do the math...

Oct 31, 2012, 4:35 PM

We start the same weekend as them... We end the same weekend as them... We will play the same amount of games as them... We will have two open dates just like them...

The 1013 schedule was played 999 years ago***

Oct 31, 2012, 4:36 PM

Re: The 1013 schedule

Oct 31, 2012, 5:09 PM

We beat the Vikings and the Moors but lost to the Normans on a trick play. Coots lost to England (minus Edward the Confessor, who strained his sword arm the week before), tied Luxembourg (no OT back then), and beat the Byzantines, who were much more concerned with facing Saracen U. the next week with the Holy Land Cup on the line.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Re: The 1013 schedule

Oct 31, 2012, 7:29 PM

Hahahaha nice

I think it is the moops not moors

Oct 31, 2012, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Re: The 1013 schedule ]

you need to brush up on your history.

Not JUST like them. Our open dates will be weaker

Oct 31, 2012, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Do the math... ]

according to them

Re: Not JUST like them. Our open dates will be weaker

Oct 31, 2012, 5:08 PM

And with less speed.

Oct 31, 2012, 4:40 PM

Well they do avoid Bama and LSU and only real tough road game will be at UGA. I do expect Tenn, ARK and Mizz to be alil better next year so that could be a rough 3 game road trip. But I expect SC to start falling off that high horse alil next year too, I expected this year would have been the year they made that final push for an SEC Title game again, but didn't happen.

That has to be the weakest SEC schedule I have ever

Oct 31, 2012, 4:41 PM

seen. Who do they know in the SEC office?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier pouted enough about the UGA schedule so the office

Oct 31, 2012, 4:47 PM

one upped them to that schedule. Even without Lattimore, they should have a pretty good W/L record. That's a pretty weak schedule. UF SHOULD be really good next year (over achieving this year IMO). Don't care as long as one L comes Nov. 30.

When I say I "don't care" that doesn't mean I wouldn't like

Oct 31, 2012, 4:47 PM

to see them lose every game. Even the two open dates. :)

Yeah but they'll still finish 3rd behind UGa and Florida***

Oct 31, 2012, 4:48 PM [ in reply to That has to be the weakest SEC schedule I have ever ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Clemson plays El Cid next year the week before the $CU game***

Oct 31, 2012, 4:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go CLEMSON!

Oct 31, 2012, 5:00 PM

I can't believe I'll be a unc fan that first weekend, but I guess I will be.

I look at as puling for So Miss' old coach.

Oct 31, 2012, 5:12 PM

;)

It's certainly no ACC schedule.

Oct 31, 2012, 5:13 PM

But I guess we'll try to muddle through it anyway.

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

We play Georgia and FSU

Oct 31, 2012, 5:17 PM

so no it isn't our schedule. Georgia should come out and cry like you did about their schedule.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You tell 'em Shelby!***

Oct 31, 2012, 5:19 PM [ in reply to It's certainly no ACC schedule. ]

I'll remind you of that after UNC beats you in the opener

Oct 31, 2012, 5:25 PM [ in reply to It's certainly no ACC schedule. ]

Maybe you can call it the probation bowl.

Not sure UNC will beat SC, but had to point you

Oct 31, 2012, 5:30 PM

for the "probation bowl" as I was thinking that as soon as I heard they were playing.

LOL... that's a good one Biggie.

Oct 31, 2012, 7:54 PM [ in reply to I'll remind you of that after UNC beats you in the opener ]

And sooner or later you'll be right when you predict these losses for South Carolina against teams like UNC. You remember when you said we'd lose to NCST a couple years ago? Or even when we played UNC the last time?

I bet you won't go ahead and predict a Clemson victory the weekend after Thanksgiving though.

So, Boling...

Oct 31, 2012, 8:29 PM

Do you think the ##### are going to win?

Yep. Just like I did the last 2 years.

Nov 1, 2012, 7:45 AM

I didn't think we'd win 3 years ago, but I was wrong.

I just think South Carolina is better in the trenches and i don't think your linebackers are good enough yet in run support to stop South Carolina's rushing game... at least not enough. I don't think the Gamecocks will run up and down the field necessarily, but I think they will do enough to open some passing routes.

On the other side I think our d line will provide enough pressure to keep the Tiger passing game from lighting us up all day. Not that your offense can be completely contained. But I do truly believe we are the best defense you will have seen this year (yes, even FSU).

I could be wrong. God knows I have been wrong a lot about many things.

Clemson and South Carolina are both really good, but neither is great. So who knows what will happen. I will give you this... if the game is at night, I will be less confident.

I respect that opinion...

Nov 1, 2012, 7:51 AM

But let's be clear - you've been wrong far more than you've been right, at least during your life on this site. Plus you've got that lying and lack of character thing too. You talk out of your ### a lot. That makes it hard to believe anything you type, but fair enough on your prognostication. How many points do think you'll win by?

I have no idea what the final spread will be.

Nov 1, 2012, 8:01 AM

I sure as hell wouldn't bet on the line. And honestly, I don't care what the final line is as long as South Carolina has more points at the end.

I think $CU will lose to Clemson this year...

Oct 31, 2012, 10:03 PM [ in reply to LOL... that's a good one Biggie. ]

Your defense has been exposed. Tennessee lit you up like a pinball machine. You and I both know the Clemson offense is far superior to anything Tennessee has and the Clemson defense is better than Tennessee too. Furthermore, we have all seen that $CU is not even remotely the same team when it plays on the road. You trailed a terrible Kentucky team at the half and if not for a very generous official, you likely lost at Vandy. I will spare you from reliving the LSU and Florida games. The only advantage you have this year is that you play Wofford the week before while Clemson may be playing for another Division Championship.

Re: I think $CU will lose to Clemson this year...

Nov 1, 2012, 1:29 AM

Most of our defensive personnel was hurt last weekend. Quarles didn't play and Jerideau and Clowney could barely run. Tennessee has a much better OL than Clemson. We should be able to get a much better pass rush than we did last week.

We don't play well on the road though, so there's that.

I look forward to going up there.

We also have better lines than Clemson.

Nov 1, 2012, 7:59 AM [ in reply to I think $CU will lose to Clemson this year... ]

And guess who else has a better o-line than Clemson?

Tennessee. By a lot. Don't believe me?

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/leader/national/team/defense/split01/category20/sort01.html

And that is against much better d-lines than the Tigers have faced (outside of one game).

I admit that a lot of USC's success against the Tigers will depend on how well we pressure Boyd. So I am hoping we get to him regularly, which based on everything I have seen in both teams, we can. But maybe we won't.

As I have said, Clemson is a really good team. A Gamecock win is not "in the bag" by any stretch. Anyone that believes this game is an automatic win for either side doesn't follow college football.

You certainly post here a lot for a man that left Tigernet

Oct 31, 2012, 8:34 PM [ in reply to It's certainly no ACC schedule. ]

because he felt his family was not safe. I guess it was just another exaggeration.

Boling is a liar. Always has been.***

Oct 31, 2012, 8:34 PM

Re: It's certainly no ACC schedule.

Nov 1, 2012, 7:57 AM [ in reply to It's certainly no ACC schedule. ]

Yeah, real tough. Half of your 8 power conference opponents next year have a combined conference record of 3-18.

Good luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

You are right, The ACC is tougher than that schedule!

Nov 1, 2012, 8:22 AM [ in reply to It's certainly no ACC schedule. ]

I guess they are trying to let Ol Ball Sack really feel good about himself, til he has to play Bama or LSU, oh wait he will lose to the Gators and they will get beat by Bama or LSU!

Oct 31, 2012, 5:36 PM

Crappy schedule from a fan point of view. Their home fans will have two home games and then nothing for almost a month. And then nothing for almost another month. November is good, of coure - 4 of 5 Saturdays.

We did something similar last year but with the early season loaded and the back end spread out. I prefer the games spread out a bit but probably because I look forward to going and don't generally head to away games.

I'm just waiting for them to start playing A&M every year

Oct 31, 2012, 8:51 PM

As A&M is my second favorite college team, I'm going to have my two favorite teams to beat down the Gamecocks every year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic