Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am as liberal as they come, however, transgender
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 59
| visibility 1

I am as liberal as they come, however, transgender

Mar 22, 2021, 11:42 AM

females in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit magazine? I am really not ok with this at all. Also, transgender women competing in women's sports?

I mean I have absolutely nothing against the LBGTQ community. I have many really good homosexual friends who are wonderful people. I also knew a transgender woman who really suffered from bigots all the time and I understand how difficult that life can be.

Is this even a conversation we are allowed to have without it getting personal and ugly?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yikes! That's crossing the line...

Mar 22, 2021, 11:48 AM

Transgendered people can live their lives as whoever they would like to be but don't deserve recognition as truly changing genders....meaning man now recognized as a woman for women related things.

It's just not real. Nothing against them but facts are facts.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am as liberal as they come, however, transgender

Mar 22, 2021, 11:50 AM

Wow. You’re a bigot.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2021, 12:14 PM

Wow. You’re a bigot.

No, he isn't! God created man and woman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2021, 12:46 PM

Wow. You’re a bigot.

No, he isn't! God created man and woman.

Haha I was joking.

I realize you were joking...

Mar 22, 2021, 12:49 PM

That's a little bit of the issue though. Even bringing it up seems like an impossibility. I wish more people could talk about this stuff like adults without labeling each other libtard or redneck.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I realize you were joking...

Mar 22, 2021, 5:33 PM

it doesn't matter if you were joking or not. If you were a celebrity, what you wrote in your original post would have gotten you #cancelled by the left-wing Twitter mobs. Regardless or whether it's right or not, the left has sown the wind and should reap the whirlwind. Claiming you are liberal should not save you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Swimmer you seem a little tribalistic to me..

Mar 22, 2021, 7:50 PM

and a little abrasive. Just what I gather.

Re: Swimmer you seem a little tribalistic to me..

Mar 22, 2021, 8:19 PM

Swimmer is right on.

It sounds as though you are a liberal and support libs, but you have no idea really what you are supporting.

You support and voted for the cancel culture. You voted for race baiting 24/7/365. You voted for all the hypocrisy.

You voted for the guy who told everyone he would SHUT DOWN the virus, but yet there are more than 140,000 dead under his watch. You voted for the guy who hasn't had a press conference and signed more EOs than there are grains of sand on the beach (not really, but you get my point).

Re: Swimmer you seem a little tribalistic to me..

Mar 23, 2021, 4:07 PM

lol, you serious Clark? You can't actually believe what you wrote, right?

Re: I realize you were joking...

Mar 23, 2021, 6:15 PM [ in reply to I realize you were joking... ]

so...are you a libtard or a redneck ? :)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2021, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: I am as liberal as they come, however, transgender ]

Speaking of BIGOTS, do the KAs still exist at Clemson? You seem to have your finger on the woke pulse...

Mar 22, 2021, 11:56 AM

If your as Liberal as you say, don't pass this along to Fox News However CNN,MNSNBC, NBC, ABC, and CBS would find this story right up their alley.

Mar 22, 2021, 11:58 AM

Excuse me,that would be MSNBC!

Mar 22, 2021, 12:02 PM

Humans have been battling Mother Nature since the beginning of time. In the end Mother Nature always wins.

A woman can sew on a dlck but she still has two X chromosomes.
A man can cut off his dlck but he still has an XY chromosomes.

That being said there are anomalies and rare instances when some people are born with both and have to choose. This is biology and these occurrences are natural and extremely rare.

Choice Transgenderism or whatever is a MENTAL HEALTH crisis. These people suffer from extreme depression and massive self esteem issues. In fact MOST go on to commit suicide.

Until this looney perceived notion of “choosing” your gender against the will of Mother Nature goes on people will continue their mental decline and suicide rates among the LGBTQ community will continue to be high.

If we really cared about this group demographic we would do more to help them learn to love themselves in their natural bodies.

I am not a bigot. I am a Christian who sees these peoples pain and persecution. It saddens me that mainstream media and even the government has now fostered this unhealthy mental behavior and has now created another pandemic in itself.

Agreed

Mar 22, 2021, 2:21 PM

I honestly believe I'm fair-minded. To me, this is not about bigotry, and I hate that this is being politicized.

We need to tell help people.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: I am as liberal as they come, however, transgender ]

You acknowledged that some people “are born with both”, but also, what you were told in middle school biology was an oversimplification. Sex isn’t actually determined by chromosomes. The catalyst for sex expression comes down to a single SRY gene. Usually this rides on the Y chromosome. But, sometimes it detaches, and then things aren’t as cut and dry as is popularly believed. This makes it possible for someone with XY chromosomes to be cis-female and menstruate, as well as for someone to be XX and have make genitalia. And of course there are other genetic scenarios as well.

Mar 22, 2021, 8:39 PM

You are correct and as I stated those scenarios are extremely rare BUT they are naturally occurring. What I’m more distinguishing is people who are not born with an abnormal biological sex makeup. That choose to have a sex change operation

I don't like transgender women competing against.....

Mar 22, 2021, 12:14 PM

women simply because they have an unequal physical advantage. This is a fact - has nothing to do with bias, bigotry, or prejudice. It's just not fair for natural-born women.

I don't care if someone wants to be trans - that's their business. But in sports it's not fair.

Kind of how I feel.....

Mar 22, 2021, 12:44 PM

The swimsuit thing, probably not a big deal.

Saying someone is or isn't a natural born woman is

Mar 22, 2021, 2:34 PM [ in reply to I don't like transgender women competing against..... ]

a hate crime. Better check your microaggressions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

at least there's progress being made when a liberal finally

Mar 22, 2021, 12:33 PM

sees the absurdity in these divide and conquer, social justice policies being shoved on us as if it is legitimate. Honestly...where have you been? It might be too late at this point. We've been skidding down this road of blurred reality for the last 10-15 years and now these manufactured social dilemmas are threatening to become real legislated life. Not just crazy banter to get a click bait mouth breather to ponder but something that can and will affect our daily lives and unfortunately morph the mold-able minds of our kids to take as compassion and this "new normal." They see us "the adults" accept irrational ideas and in return will tragically take it a step further for future generations to deal with the consequences. The dysphoria is real in DC and its being legislated as we speak.

Mar 22, 2021, 12:41 PM

The original transgender surgery was performed at John Hopkins. Recognizing the very high suicide rate in this population, they no longer perform it but advise mental health care. It is negligent and cruel to promote and endorse a lifestyle that is the reflection of untreated mental illness.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know man about 5% of all human population is

Mar 22, 2021, 12:47 PM

homosexual. Doesn't matter the culture or demographics. I don't want to bring religion into it but without considering it, what's the big deal?

Re: I don't know man about 5% of all human population is

Mar 22, 2021, 1:44 PM

Homosexual and transgender are whole different categories. Without a doubt, transgender/gender dysphoria is a mental health issue.

Re: I don't know man about 5% of all human population is

Mar 22, 2021, 2:05 PM

Yes I agree. Homosexuality is completely different IMO than transgenderism. My OP was speaking to the irresponsible behavior of enablement and encouragement of “sex changes” as a norm in society.

imagine brock lesnar identifying as a woman

Mar 22, 2021, 12:47 PM

then fighting women in the ufc lol

Re: imagine brock lesnar identifying as a woman

Mar 22, 2021, 8:29 PM

Brock Lesbian

It's all utter nonsense and lunacy. Just another of the many

Mar 22, 2021, 12:58 PM

indicators the country is on a downward slide. Sadly.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gender dysphoria is something that is really rare

Mar 22, 2021, 1:07 PM

But it is being pushed as something more common or normal on teenagers recently. It makes them feel like “questioning” their gender is just something that everyone does, like a coming of age thing.

I am typically more liberal as well but I also see some issues with the trans gender topic recently. Like how someone like JK Rowling is largely hated now because of her defense of women in the traditional sense

Re: Gender dysphoria is something that is really rare

Mar 22, 2021, 1:16 PM

I think I fall into the same category and agree with you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Gender dysphoria is something that is really rare

Mar 22, 2021, 3:21 PM

Welcome to the"alt" right

You're exactly right...

Mar 22, 2021, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Gender dysphoria is something that is really rare ]

I am liberal on a lot of issues but mostly the personal freedom stuff.

After I graduated Clemson I played on a club soccer team

Mar 22, 2021, 1:29 PM

that just played in the spring/summer, when we had long days and could practice after work and play Saturday mornings. There was a guy in our league named Jesse. Nice guy. Great athlete. Super fast, agile, great soccer player. After our fall/winter break, when we got back together in the spring, Jesse was now Jessica. Surprised the heck out of me since I didn't know him well and didn't know that side of him at all. He and I talked very openly - me, a very conservative Christian, and him a transsexual. That spring/summer season, he wanted to play with the girls league, because that's where he felt comfortable, but they wouldn't let him since he was still, by any objective measure, a he, other than a name change, haircut, and some hormone therapy. He understood, didn't take it personally, and was content to remain on the guy's teams where he still kicked butt pretty regularly.

I'm pretty libertarian with things like this. "It's your thing, do what you wanna do." As long as it doesn't adversely affect others. This adversely affects others. Call yourself what you want, wear makeup, grow your hair out, etc etc. I really don't care. I'll care about you as a person, but what you choose to do is your thing. But this stuff really has a very negative impact on women's sports. It's just not right or fair to the young ladies who work hard all their years only to lose out to someone who is physiologically a male. They risk losing more than races, games or matches. They risk losing scholarships and life options. It's a big deal.

Re: After I graduated Clemson I played on a club soccer team

Mar 22, 2021, 1:53 PM

Well I am in my Mid 50's and sometimes I hurt as bad as a 67 year old and the pain is real! You think the Government will give me a SS Check for feeling 67? My point exactly!! But they will allow biological man to play in a women's competitions, because he feels like a woman and demand to use the ladies restroom and pull his .... out in a women's bathroom where little girls can see it. The wicked Witch of the West had it right!! What a World!! What a World!

Jesse was mentally ill. I hope he got the help he needed***

Mar 22, 2021, 2:37 PM [ in reply to After I graduated Clemson I played on a club soccer team ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I triggered a ladyboi with that one. Whoops.***

Mar 22, 2021, 8:59 PM

Could have not have said it better myself.***

Mar 22, 2021, 3:53 PM [ in reply to After I graduated Clemson I played on a club soccer team ]

I'm Sure There Are Folks That Like Bikini Bulges

Mar 22, 2021, 2:05 PM

Not many, but some I'm sure do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 22, 2021, 2:06 PM

I believe a lot of things said in this thread are pretty spot on. I'm a conservative Christian, but I think some of the things liberals believe, make sense. I don't hate anyone, regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, or sexual inclination. Live your life the way you want to, as long as you're not going to hurt anyone. What I do hate is an idea, that I don't believe in, being pushed on me, and that's what the media and our government are doing. And because I don't believe in the gay, trans, or whatever thing, I'm called a bigot. I'm sure there's enough hate directed at gays and trans, but some of the so called fighters against social injustice need to look in the mirror. Lots of hate coming from over there.

Common sense is a value, that I'd love to see come back in style. If a political party ever develops on the principles of common sense, I'll jump on board in a heartbeat.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think a lot of people are where you are.

Mar 22, 2021, 3:50 PM

I don't hate anyone. I can understand this can be a confusing issue. As a Catholic, I know the church is not very accepting of some of the gay rights principles. Nothing wrong with that, however spuing hate directed at those folk is what makes people a bigot, not wanting transgender girls competing on your daughter's track team is something else in my humble opinion.

A lot of my fellow lefties do not agree with me but oh well. I don't have to be on one side of every single #### issue either!

Re: I think a lot of people are where you are.

Mar 22, 2021, 5:10 PM

PBT, not sure why you brought the church into your debate. To be clear, the Catholic Church 100% supports every human being as being made in the image and likeness of God and therefore loved by Him. The Church, however, does not condone sinful behavior and has an obligation to every soul to reject that which separates us from God, namely sin. Pope Francis, like Scripture, has been clear that we are made as a man or woman, period. There is no in between. The very idea that we can choose our gender is no different than the original sin of wanting to be God like. God made us, not the other way around.

Re: I think a lot of people are where you are.

Mar 22, 2021, 6:54 PM [ in reply to I think a lot of people are where you are. ]

It clear in the Bible God sees homosexuality as a SIN! People drink and become alcoholic’s because they choose to drink and refuse to stop before it becomes an illness, homosexual’s practice an unnatural lifestyle by choice.

As a Christian I believe a person can over come any weakness through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. But rather than live a Godly life the turn their backs on God and give into their sinful desires.

Billy Graham once said he would estimate out of those who attended a church service regularly BG believed approximately 50 to 60 percent were not saved through the blood of Christ. They have never accepted Jesus Christ as their savior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's part of the clown world that modern liberals have ushered in***

Mar 22, 2021, 2:31 PM

nm

There is some indeed blame to go around with modern liberals

Mar 22, 2021, 3:51 PM

where we probably disagree is that the conservative side is not without any blame though.

Mar 22, 2021, 2:36 PM

What is a magazine? Is it something that Dinosaurs had?

Mar 22, 2021, 3:00 PM

Liberals believe in killing babies so there is that. That is something to be proud of. How would you like it if you were one that was sucked out of the womb. As far as gays, lesbians, and transgenders go, the Animal Kingdom depends on multiply and survive. None of those 3 can reproduce unless the transgender did not trans all the way. Does that tell you something ? Not religious but scientific. These reproducing facts can not be refuted. It was not meant to be!!!!!! So sing all the unity songs you want.

Mar 23, 2021, 3:54 PM

Where did you take my joke about print media being "dead" and you took it to some odd abortion/gay thing. Whatthe.....

Sigh, some "conservatives" also like extreme late term abortion too. It is called the death penalty... or nowadays "stand your ground" to hoodies. Why drawing a line at a different time is important is beyond me.

I do not agree with abortion and it SHOULD not happen. However, I do not believe it is the governments place to restrict it. Way to much government overreach there - which also puts me into anti-death penalty crowd too. Because we all know that the government is so perfect to make a non-reversible decision (sarcasm). I mean you have folks freaking out over having to wear a mask but then want to weigh in over reproduction.

And as far as your odd animal kingdom route, really? You want to go down that route. The facts swing the other way. Homosexuality is about as natural as birds with feathers. Actually, in pack/colonial environments a certain % as homosexuals/non-reproducing members are preferred and advantageous as it reduces intrapack/colony aggression and allows for offspring to have a greater number of protective family adoptive "parents" or adults against outside threats. Thus survival rates are higher. And in an odd swing as well, for the "animal kingdom" you do have offspring abandonment practice. I mean if a mother rejects an offspring....

Mar 22, 2021, 4:22 PM

Wow PBT... I didn't realize you were liberal.
Just kidding of course.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

haha!***

Mar 22, 2021, 7:52 PM

Mar 22, 2021, 6:33 PM

IMO you have no right to complain about Transgender athletes or those posing in ESPN’s swimsuit addition. Personally I think it’s funny because it’s only going to get worse. It is the liberals that helped in a big way to allow this to happen. IMO liberal’s or biden/harris voters have no right to complain about his policies. You knew what you were getting when you help elect them and other supporters of lifestyles that are abnormal. Some just closed their eyes to what groups like BLM really stands for, the violence they started then blaming President Trump for rites in cities run by liberal’s. Now liberal’s are rying to defund the police, liberal’s gave that Bi$$h Pelosi and Schumer the senate, the WH and basically a black check and control to destroy this country. I hope liberal’s like a socialist country.

I don’t know anything about you but let’s say hypothetically you have two young daughters. They grow up talented athletes who could earn a full ride college scholarship to play college sports. Unfortunately they are not offered scholarships because by law they offer them to transgender athlete's who want to play on the women’s team. Or let’s say they play women’s HS sports but have to give up playing time to a transgender?? How would you fill about a situations like this. Do you think it’s fair for transgender men to be able to play women’s sports. Most women do not think it’s fair.

Better yet how would you liberal men feel when you starting making out with your date you found out it was a man. ??

Did anyone know the suicide rate for transgender people is on the raise. It’s not because they feel do not feel accepted It’s because what they feel is wrong. A lot of transgender’s who have committed suicide indicate it’s because they realize changing gender was a major mistake. These are stats from the internet.

Our moral compass is so screwed up that our once great country no longer has any direction. We have turned our backs on God. We have become a self indulgent me first I want it now nation. Americans are no longer respected by the world. We are seen as a selfish, greedy, immoral people with greedy crooked politicians.

Big corporations are giving us what the liberals demanded! If biden’s transgender bill passes IMO our country will be in a real mess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Number one I am not complaining...

Mar 22, 2021, 7:55 PM

just opened up a discussion about it and gave a viewpoint. Problem is that people got to be so polarized. You complain about Biden and speak of a moral compass so you must not like Trump too much either. Right?

Re: Number one I am not complaining...

Mar 22, 2021, 9:43 PM

Dang right I voted for Trump and made donations to his campaign. He like me and you PBT have skeletons in our closet but President Trump knew how to get things done that were good for this country. biden is trying to destroy it

When illegal immigrants are sleeping on the streets where you live are you going to open you home to them, feed them, share you financial resources with them???. Would you donate money for transgender surgery over surgery for sick children??? What exactly do you like about biden and his policies??? Hitler had the German people hypnotized some even as the Russian Army marched through Berlin! Biden, pelosi, schumer and their cronies are trying to sink the ship and take all of us with them.

Hitler was popular while he was giving away free stuff to the German Citizens. Once he sent an entire Generation of boys and men to die for his war policies his popularity declined to the point that he had 40 plus attempts on his life. Plus he was a pervert! Sounds like some liberal’s in this country. They will go down with the biden row boat!

You should watch some documentaries about the life of Hitler. It will amaze you how much history is repeating itself.

Mar 22, 2021, 7:04 PM

Sorry Billiary lost.

"Progress" is constantly searching for the next big cause

Mar 22, 2021, 8:05 PM

All of the activists want to be a part of the "fight" and the "next civil rights movement," which is why you see these ever more marginal causes being championed. Nobody ever stops to think whether the cause they are pushing is actually something that's good for society. All that matters is the "fight" and winning over the "bigots."

My biggest problem with the transgender movement is that is getting increasingly dangerous in its rhetoric. We blew past arguing whether someone who is an adult should be able to seek gender reassignment or hormones. Now they are talking about kids as young as four or five being transgender and starting to live as the other gender. Then giving preteens puberty blockers that can have irreversible effects on their developing bodies. Also letting young teens get hormones without parental approval. That is frightening.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Progress" is constantly searching for the next big cause

Mar 22, 2021, 11:07 PM

THIS *******

During Senate hearings for Rachel Levine to be assistant secretary of health, she was asked if she believes minors are capable of making such a life-changing decision as changing one’s sex. She dodged the question by saying “transgender medicine is a very complex and nuanced field”. It is sick what we are letting the far left do to children.

(not fake news, saw it live)

My dentist used to be a man

Mar 22, 2021, 8:24 PM

Many years ago he changed over the holidays. Wrote a nice letter to everyone. We still go to *her* today.

I've never asked him about it, but would like to.

He had an awesome Austin Martin that sounded incredible. That was before the switch. Maybe he sold it b/c he needed $ for the conversion...

Wait, you believe in and accept all these things

Mar 23, 2021, 3:22 PM

and scenarios, but all of a sudden you draw the line with SI and some pics that you probably shouldn't be looking at anyways. Strange, this.

Mar 23, 2021, 6:19 PM

I agree. Why you got 1 TD is beyond me.

Mar 24, 2021, 11:05 AM

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Replies: 59
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic