Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SC, lol. Only in SC. A state full of drunks without
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

SC, lol. Only in SC. A state full of drunks without

Apr 15, 2021, 8:36 AM

a single "bar". You can't make this stuff up really. I'm trying to recall what all I ate at TTT when I was at Clemson. Ate more poontang from that place than food. We actually once had a law that liquor could only be served in mini bottles, to prevent bars from watering down drinks. It made a "drink" in SC one of the strongest on Earth. We were literally cut off after ordering 2 "drinks" in Australia, since two drinks there = 1 SC "drink". We tried to explain we were from SC and we drink 1.75oz drinks. Bartender's jaw dropped.

Anyway, some women have been drugged, apparently. And they didn't come forward because they were afraid of being busted for underage drinking. SO making the bar...umm...restaurant serve more food is going to stop everything? Heck, if I owned a bar....######, restaurant, and everyone drank there, I'd find a guy, give him 50% of my profits, give him $100 tip, then he can come in and buy ONE $15,000 microwave pizza.

Anyway, you just got to love SC sometimes.

https://www.wistv.com/2021/04/15/uofsc-professor-says-students-have-been-drugged-past-days-lawmaker-hopes-bill-will-help/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All of that and I'm no closer to knowing what the bill is

Apr 15, 2021, 8:39 AM

about

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Evidently, in SC, for any business to sell liquor, they have

Apr 15, 2021, 8:45 AM

to sell food. HAVE TO. So most "bars" sell microwave pizzas or some crap, so they can qualify as a "restaurant" so they can sell liquor and BE A BAR. Well, the good ole boy lawmakers didn't like being snookered, so they made it a 10% requirement. 10% of profits must come from food. Now they want to raise that to 50%. As if this is going to end all of the crap that results from drinking liquor? And then the drugged women who were Bill Cosbied won't even report the crime because of fear of being prosecuted for underage drinking, another stupid law.

Anyway, this is why weed will never be legalized in SC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that's easy. Pair every alcohol order with a food

Apr 15, 2021, 8:59 AM

and price it as alcohol only.

So you have a Jack and Pizza shot $2.

Or whatever a shot costs these days

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

chicken wings are not food- Andrew Cuomo***

Apr 15, 2021, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Evidently, in SC, for any business to sell liquor, they have ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: SC, lol. Only in SC. A state full of drunks without

Apr 15, 2021, 8:40 AM

I still remember ordering shots like "gimme two Jaegers, three ways." For T3, it was buttery nipple.

I bartended for a bit as well, and loved out of town folks' responses when I started pulling out mini bottles for their drinks.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

In Truckee, CA (near Tahoe) they have the food requirement

Apr 15, 2021, 8:48 AM

which the police take very seriously. Bartender said they come in about every other day to make sure the shop is in compliance.

We went to a wine bar called Uncorked and were forced to buy a small dish of almonds in order to have a glass of wine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Any effort to reduce the amount of alcohol being

Apr 15, 2021, 8:50 AM

consumed is an effort to save lives and save families.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd argue the opposite.

Apr 15, 2021, 9:00 AM

Go to Europe and play a "drinking game". They will look at you like you're an alien. That picture from the article, what we all see around colleges, the college bar scene, that doesn't exist in the rest of the world.

SC comes in #7 on the number of drunk driving deaths btw.

lulz***

Apr 15, 2021, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Any effort to reduce the amount of alcohol being ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I miss mini-bottles.

Apr 15, 2021, 9:11 AM

Yeah, they made long island iced tea the most expensive drink on the menu, but you could also get a pitcher of Jack and Cokes (4 mini-bottles, or approximately 6-7 shots) at backstreets during happy hour for $5. Best deal in town.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You also got exactly what you paid for***

Apr 15, 2021, 10:20 AM

I see a loophole

Apr 15, 2021, 9:49 AM

When setting up the POS system name a particular beer or liquor drink a food.

Whenever you ring it in, it will show as food and be a beverage

also, scary that food prices may go up to account for more revenue

When they audit you and see no purchases of food from

Apr 15, 2021, 10:05 AM

any supplier, you're busted though.

What I don't get though, is how are you going to make people BUY the food? You go to a bar to drink, not eat. Aside from finger food or whatever, and no one's going to pay for overpriced liquor AND finger food. And it will have to be overpriced food to make 50% of revenue, and no one will buy it.

Just so many levels of stupid.

HOWEVER, I can see a great future combining a Waffle House type place with a bar. Just imagine if they put the Waffle House in Clemson downtown. Even then though, for TTT to make more revenue from the waffle house add-on, it would be so expensive people would leave and go to a real waffle house.

Just trying to think this through, and it's painful because it takes a politicians mindset. It's like trying to figure out how to build a 70-storey skyscraper and not violate any OSHA rules.

You don't make them buy the food...

Apr 15, 2021, 10:18 AM

What happens is they are less likely to go. That's the whole point. And hopefully it would have that effect.

Yeah we don't want people drinking on Saturday night

Apr 15, 2021, 10:22 AM

They might be late for church on Sunday

Reducing local businesses revenue is great for the community***

Apr 15, 2021, 11:40 AM [ in reply to You don't make them buy the food... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm in favor of all bars going out of business.

Apr 15, 2021, 11:49 AM

Hopefully they'll find a different industry, and lives will be saved.

After half have already been closed due to COVID

Apr 15, 2021, 11:59 AM

I’m sure you have no problem eating at a restaurant that has a bar in it.

And no reservations eating at a place that sells alcohol.

I'm glad we have so many laws in the US to protect me from

Apr 15, 2021, 10:24 AM

...me.

I HAVE to move somewhere that I'm not so free.

Now if there's a pandemic and a deadly disease going around

Apr 15, 2021, 10:50 AM

that's killed roughly 56 times as many people in a year as drunk driving.........

A requirement to wear a mask inside public places is an assault on freedom.

But forcing a bar to serve food, and forcing them to make 50% of their profits from food, in order to sell alcohol, and being forced to wear a seat belt, and........anyway, all of that is completely fine as it is in the public good and saves lives.

And then the politicians who want bars closed, the same ones just finished fighting so valiantly to reopen them as closures due to covid was an assault on their "freedom" to operate their business.

smh sometimes.

I don't need any laws to save me from me

Apr 15, 2021, 12:31 PM

If I don't want to wear a seatbelt, or a motorcycle helmet, or anything else to keep me from being a danger to me, I don't need a law for it.

I'm tired of being over governed, over taxed, and over policed.

America the free..indeed.

ah yes, surely more laws will work***

Apr 15, 2021, 12:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are they drugged or passed out drunk?

Apr 15, 2021, 12:46 PM

Can students realize the difference?

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic