Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I rewatched the game, and I'm pretty frustrated.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 72
| visibility 1

I rewatched the game, and I'm pretty frustrated.

Oct 3, 2017, 8:35 AM

Do our coaches not see what I do? Listen, some plays work, some don't... stick with what works.

1) ETN should get the hand off on each run play. Run right, run left, doesn't matter. Just hand it to him and let him decide. He is unstoppable.

2) Kelly Bryant should throw the deep ball every play. We score on that a lot. Especially when our receivers get open.

3) We should always sneak Feaster out of the backfield. He is usually open for a TD. We only did this once against VT.

4) Kelly Bryant should run the ball more. Except when he gets tired, then he shouldn't.

5) Our D should not bust any coverages or blow any assignments. They don't do this much, but when they do it's a head scratcher.

6) A bubble screen never works. Take it out of the playbook. And don't give me the excuse that it sets other things up and helps our coaches determine how the D will respond to certain looks. Just run what we already know will work, like an ETN hand off, or a Kelly Bryant deep ball, or Feaster sneaking out of the backfield.

7) We should always kick the ball out of the back of the end zone on kickoffs. Not sure why we do this sometimes, but kick it shorter, allowing for a return, other times.

I've got a lot of other good ideas, but I'll wait until the next game starts to go over them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I rewatched the game, and I'm pretty frustrated. Bubble

Oct 3, 2017, 8:37 AM

screen is just to show teams we are human before we stomp them. It accomplishes little else

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your wisdom is astounding oh great one

Oct 3, 2017, 8:38 AM

Teach me to be like you!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Step one:

Oct 3, 2017, 8:42 AM

Lobotomy

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Step two:

Oct 3, 2017, 11:10 AM

Denadding.

Try not to give up

garbage TD's!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Your football knowledge is amazing

ly deficient. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: I rewatched the game, and I'm pretty frustrated.

Oct 3, 2017, 8:39 AM

Can we get your input on the Jet Sweep? Not sure why you omitted that one.

I saw a team run the Jet Sweep and the QB was under center, so it was a hand-off instead of a very short pass. Why do we not do that - SOMETIMES? Inquiring minds.

Because if it's a pass and the WR drops the ball it's an

Oct 3, 2017, 8:56 AM

incomplete pass vice a fumble from a handoff. A lot less risky if a defender gets quick penetration on a blitz or stunt

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 8:40 AM

what does this have to do with Brian Dennehy?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 8:40 AM

AAAAAAAAAAAAANNNND headslap

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I respect you sharing total genius with us! Somebody has to get this inside info to Dabo and company.

Go Tigers! Hats off to our best weapon FM!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

So much wizdumb, Frances.

I think it boils down to, lets keep them from scoring as much as we do.

Take this to the complaint thread you posted the other day--->

Oct 3, 2017, 8:45 AM

;)

Oct 3, 2017, 8:46 AM

You forgot to add that Coach V should tell our guys to intercept the ball or cause a fumble on each defensive play. Otherwise the opponent will retain possession of the ball.

Have you tried faxing this to Dabo?

Oct 3, 2017, 8:48 AM

I don't think he reads the Tiger Board(s) so you may need to be a little more proactive in your approach

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You read my mind on all of those. Great insight.

Oct 3, 2017, 8:54 AM

Also, why are we wasting money on the Get Back Guy? How can we expect our players on D to stay disciplined if Venables can't control himself? I am sure you agree.

I'm having a hard time reading this...

and seeing all the TU's.

If you were watching the same game, ETN got stuffed. Every time he was in, they keyed on him and shut him down.

You apparently have a hard time with analysis. Liberal Arts major?

Go Tigers!

ETN was not allowed to freestyle against VT...

Oct 3, 2017, 8:59 AM

like he did against Louisville and BC. Running lanes were predetermined, and it did not work. Good coaching would recognize that and adjust, IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I'm having a hard time reading this...

Oct 3, 2017, 9:08 AM [ in reply to I'm having a hard time reading this... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I'm having a hard time reading this...

Oct 3, 2017, 9:20 AM [ in reply to I'm having a hard time reading this... ]

What does that have to do with being a liberal arts major?

"What does liberal arts major...

Oct 3, 2017, 9:40 AM
Eyeroll3.gif(114.7 K)

have to do with it?"

Too Funny.

Go Tigers!

You're saying you're racist against liberal arts majors?

Oct 3, 2017, 11:11 AM

Got it.

You never answered my question

Oct 3, 2017, 5:01 PM [ in reply to "What does liberal arts major... ]

Tiger8693

Got one ^^***

Oct 3, 2017, 10:08 AM [ in reply to I'm having a hard time reading this... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I don’t Think you rewatched I think you plagiarized Charleston Tom and other

Tnet idjits.

And I’m embarrassed for you right now***

Oct 3, 2017, 8:58 AM

Oct 3, 2017, 9:06 AM

Great observations! I think generally our guys should just run faster on about every play it could resolve all kinds of issues. Hope the coaches notice this.

I can tell you put a lot of work into this

Oct 3, 2017, 9:18 AM

Well done.

One problem though..... if we start sneaking Feaster out of the backfield more often, would it really be considered "sneaking" at that point??

Oct 3, 2017, 9:21 AM

This is funny! I am surprised that some folks did not understand the sarcasm.

Oct 3, 2017, 9:22 AM

Maybe you should gat a job as a coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been asked, trust me.***

Oct 3, 2017, 9:23 AM

Great advice. I screanshotted and texted this to CDS.

Oct 3, 2017, 9:24 AM

I'll let you know what he says.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is this real?***

Oct 3, 2017, 9:26 AM

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: is this real?***

Oct 3, 2017, 9:30 AM

yes,
real dumb

Oct 3, 2017, 9:28 AM

I'll contact Jeff and Tony immediately and let them know your thoughts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

h311 yes - had to be said***

Oct 3, 2017, 9:42 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Germans, but...

Oct 3, 2017, 9:47 AM

that was a perfect recapitulation of the last five weeks of Tnet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which one of those is the elephant in the room?*****

Oct 3, 2017, 9:51 AM

"Lighten up Francis"

Oct 3, 2017, 9:55 AM

1) Other teams have caught on to ETN, using him on a fake read QB keep is very effective, but his inexperience shows on blocking and draw reads
2) Deeps worked very well against Kent and Louisville, but VT was a different animal with VERY GOOD DBs, not advised
3) HB circle and flat routes are coverage dependent, Feaster has not achieved the mastery Gallman had of "hiding out there", that was a coverage mistake by VT, and there weren't many of those
4) Bryant is a great runner, more of a combination of Tajh Boyd and Woody Dantzler than Watson, but I like my QBs healthy and hits from 240 lb LBs take their toll
5) Venables runs very complicated defenses based on offensive scheme reaction, especially for his safeties, Kearse and Green "freewheeled" too much and it cost us in 2015, when he puts in young players in "garbage time", they are learning from their mistakes, the final VT touchdown was such a mistake when Carter expected over-the-top help from a safety who misread the play, consider it a learning experience
(6 Bubble screens are not meant to be big gainers(unless you have Jaron Brown blocking for Sammy Watkins), they are mostly thrown to draw coverage from the middle of the field and open up inside passing lanes, I don't know anyone outside Rob Spence who thought different
(7 I don't like pooch kicks either, but I don't like giving up 25 free yards, I'd kick it to the goal line and take my chances

He just cares and really know his stuff.

Oct 3, 2017, 9:58 AM

Maybe you can learn something from his extremely insightful post.

^^^POTD***

Oct 3, 2017, 10:06 AM [ in reply to "Lighten up Francis" ]

Re: "Lighten up Francis"

Oct 3, 2017, 10:11 AM [ in reply to "Lighten up Francis" ]

I'll contact Jeff and Tony immediately and let them know your thoughts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a ton of effort you just exhausted there.***

Oct 3, 2017, 10:22 AM [ in reply to "Lighten up Francis" ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: "Lighten up Francis"***

Oct 3, 2017, 10:30 AM [ in reply to "Lighten up Francis" ]

Re: "Lighten up Francis"

Oct 3, 2017, 5:04 PM [ in reply to "Lighten up Francis" ]

check yer sarcasm meter

TL; DR***

Oct 3, 2017, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I disagree with all of this. There is one and only one thing we need to do

Oct 3, 2017, 11:07 AM

Handoff to Taylor Hearn for 12 yards.

Finally, someone with a little cents around here***

Oct 3, 2017, 11:14 AM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Can Taylor Hearn take a handoff?

Oct 3, 2017, 11:24 AM [ in reply to I disagree with all of this. There is one and only one thing we need to do ]

Maybe we should bounce the ball off the ground to him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

So tell us, what team have you ever coached?!?!

Oct 3, 2017, 11:09 AM

Let them coaches do their job! Geez where do they find you gewbers!!

My resume would probably shock you.***

Oct 3, 2017, 12:24 PM

Or or!

Oct 3, 2017, 11:12 AM

...we could go back to what REALLY used to work well....

photo RobSpencePlayCallController.jpg

Re: Or or!

Oct 3, 2017, 11:13 AM

.....like outdated 3rd party hosting that wants to suck u dry of money

Please update your account to allow 3rd party hosting.***

Oct 3, 2017, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Or or! ]

Eewww!

Oct 3, 2017, 11:17 AM

Sounds like an orgee or something. Those aren't allowed here. Or, are they?

Oct 3, 2017, 11:30 AM

It is amazing how dumb our coaches are when we should just let Etienne run wherever he wants, just sneak Feaster out of the backfield, just kickoff out of the endzone, etc. Why haven't our coaches thought of these things?What do you think the coaches do during the week other than evaluating players and opponents and formulating game plans? Didn't we just win the Natty? Aren't we undefeated this year? I would never try to tell an accountant or a mechanic how to do their business. It irritates me that so many think of themselves as experts when it comes to athletics. Support the team and let the coaches do their job!

Oct 4, 2017, 6:17 AM

You are too funny.
(Oh, you were serious?)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

You are a great football mind and truly an inspiration to

Oct 3, 2017, 4:43 PM

everyone on this bored. Sincerely, Francis Marion®

I wish people would stop replying to this troll and taking

Oct 3, 2017, 5:05 PM

her post back to the top.

Re: I wish people would stop replying to this troll and taking

Oct 3, 2017, 5:09 PM

agreed wait ####

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Oct 3, 2017, 10:08 PM

In the future there will be automatic sarcasm recognition imbedded within grammar and spell check, but unfortunately for now, well there's this guy!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2017, 10:09 PM

In the future there will be automatic sarcasm recognition imbedded within grammar and spell check, but unfortunately for now, well there's this guy!

You sound a lot like most of the basketball fans here.

Oct 3, 2017, 10:51 PM

I hope you’ll stick around for basketball season.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Hilarious.... laughed out loud for reals***

Oct 4, 2017, 10:16 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

That's pretty harsh man.

Oct 4, 2017, 10:38 AM

He is trying to be part of the solution and you laugh right in his face basically.
Keep an open mind. SMH

How are you not a head coach somewhere?!

Oct 4, 2017, 10:22 AM

Clearly there is a team that is missing out on this level of genius

I've been asked, trust me.***

Oct 4, 2017, 10:23 AM

Oct 4, 2017, 11:11 AM

This is a comment, not a response. If anyone responds to this post, you are as Crazy as the guy who posted it!

What part is wrong?*****

Oct 4, 2017, 11:29 AM

^ Is this a comment or a response?***

Oct 4, 2017, 11:33 AM

Re: What part is wrong?*****

Oct 4, 2017, 11:33 AM [ in reply to What part is wrong?***** ]

What part is right? There is a lot more to coaching a football game than what you think you see. With thinking like this why wouldn't you run the wheel route with and score on every play.......LOL

Good question. Why don't we?

Oct 4, 2017, 11:35 AM

It worked last time we tried it. It apparently works 100% of the time. We're 1 for 1.

Replies: 72
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic