Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was one of the fastest kids in my elementary school...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

I was one of the fastest kids in my elementary school...

Apr 14, 2021, 9:27 AM

and proved this by coming in second in the 40 yard dash at our annual jelly bean field day. In middle school, I came in second in the 40 yard dash again, out of everyone in my class. I did not run the 40 yard dash in college.

I tell you this because finishing 2nd allowed me to have a unique perspective. I learned confidence because I was better than many children my age at running 40 yards, but I was also taught humility, as there was always someone just a little better. These lessons I think have served me well in adulthood.

Thank you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I was one of the fastest kids in my elementary school...

Apr 14, 2021, 9:34 AM

So someone was fatter than you ... or just liked jelly beans more than you?

And you learned humility from this?

Sigh*

I'm going back to sleep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 14, 2021, 9:51 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

And first place goes to

Apr 14, 2021, 9:39 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And first place goes to

May 25, 2021, 10:07 AM

Love the long jump in the background lol

Message was edited by: HumbleServant®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Apr 14, 2021, 9:40 AM

Great story. Whatever became of the girl that was faster than you? Can't wait to hear of her exploits.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody cares

Apr 14, 2021, 9:47 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

beat me to the punch***

Apr 14, 2021, 9:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Apr 14, 2021, 9:55 AM

When I was playing tee-ball, some kid hit the ball to the right field fence. I ran from the pitcher's mound to the fence, then ran from the fence and tracked the kid down when he was trying to run from 2nd to 3rd. I was so much faster than him, faster than 99% of kids in my age group. Then I got fat off video games and fried foods. I was no longer fast. I probably could have been a professional baseball player, or soccer player. I was really good at soccer too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Got fat off of video games and fried foods”

Apr 14, 2021, 10:23 AM

In other words you don’t like to work. This is goes a long way towards explaining your political leanings.

Re: “Got fat off of video games and fried foods”

Apr 14, 2021, 10:34 AM

Comrade, I've been working two jobs for the past 3 years while being full-time at Clemson.

All I do is work.

Apr 14, 2021, 10:41 AM

Well then, I commend you for that. Hopefully you will come around and realize that it’s not a good idea to give what you have worked hard for to people who had every opportunity to do the same and were too lazy to do so.

Apr 20, 2021, 8:47 AM

I'm a follower of Christ and he told me to sell my worldly possessions and help those in need. I understand if you want to selfishly look after you and your own family. Satan's influence is deep in modern society.

Thank you for being brave enough to share.***

Apr 14, 2021, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: I was one of the fastest kids in my elementary school... ]

Why didn't you run the 40 yard dash in college?

Apr 14, 2021, 9:56 AM

Coot track team was already full?

That would have interfered with her Horizontal Mamba

May 25, 2021, 9:57 AM

lessons. Hear'tell she could have exempted the final exam, but instead, she took it for the whole team. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Koodoes on resurrecting a month-old thread...

May 25, 2021, 10:12 AM

whale done

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

didn’t you mean to say...

Apr 14, 2021, 10:01 AM

“one of the fattest kids in my elementary school”

full disclosure, i didn’t read the poast. but, i do hope the fatness has not held you back

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Thankfully his personality makes up for quite a few flaws . . .

Apr 14, 2021, 10:13 AM

Awesome video -- Bresee at 3 months***

Apr 17, 2021, 3:46 PM

I currently weigh 172 lbs...

Apr 14, 2021, 10:31 AM [ in reply to didn’t you mean to say... ]

This is as of 7:20 this morning, fully disrobed. But nice try.

Apr 14, 2021, 10:30 AM

This is interesting but how does it help Tnet decide which coaches need to be fired and more importantly when?

Re: Given the level of competition you faced.......

Apr 14, 2021, 11:43 AM

that ain't sayin' much.

Screw Calford.

What does this have to do with our baseball team

Apr 14, 2021, 12:59 PM

losing three game in a row to teams we shouldn't lose?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Apr 14, 2021, 1:01 PM

Man homeskooled only children have it rough.

lol, I remember that Summer

Apr 14, 2021, 1:03 PM

It's no wonder you were so fast.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MOST 18 year olds are faster than younger kids.

Apr 14, 2021, 1:56 PM

:)

Thank you. Comes at a time when more sports poasts are sorely needed.***

Apr 14, 2021, 2:06 PM

null

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you. Comes at a time when more sports poasts are sorely needed.***

Apr 14, 2021, 4:31 PM

Just bragging. I WAS the fastest in high school and as far as 2nd, I came in 2nd in the 50 and 100 meter at the Huntsman World Senior Games in St George, Utah at the age of 68. 10.000 SENIOR athletes from all over the world - I feel batter now. And at 78 couldn't do it again. :)

Re: Thank you. Comes at a time when more sports poasts are sorely needed.***

Apr 14, 2021, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Thank you. Comes at a time when more sports poasts are sorely needed.*** ]

Did you get beat by one of those Boy/Girl species. Asking for a friend.

How big was your class though? The bus you rode wasn't one

Apr 14, 2021, 5:00 PM

of the long ones was it?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I refuse to participate your negativity.***

Apr 14, 2021, 5:05 PM

speaking of negativity...

Apr 14, 2021, 5:36 PM

check out all of gwps poasts. did crump not see who was knocking at front door?! security here stinks.

FM strikes me as definitely having been "short bus"

Apr 14, 2021, 5:54 PM [ in reply to How big was your class though? The bus you rode wasn't one ]

material.

Obviously in these PC times we can't explain what that means. Either you know, or you don't. :)

Apr 17, 2021, 3:45 PM

Any truth to the story you were held back several times (for science)? That would explain this anecdote and several others.

May 25, 2021, 10:16 AM

Could you give us all autographs? We are your main fans!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic