Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we just be done with this notalentassclown
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 777

Can we just be done with this notalentassclown

Apr 12, 2021, 2:08 PM

https://twitter.com/claytravis/status/1381656799103844356?s=21

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Someone should invite him to have a drink at a bar in SC

Apr 12, 2021, 2:11 PM

He'd probably just die of a stroke, "Too many people, too many people, no masks, too mannn;l;j;dpeo'j'fa........."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he's a midget tyrant***

Apr 12, 2021, 2:34 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

He doesn't set policy, nor does he make or enforce rules.

Apr 12, 2021, 2:50 PM

From a purely scientific standpoint, his goal is to limit and eventually eliminate the spread of the virus. That's it. He's not concerned about balancing that goal with impacts on the economy, mental health, or anything else. He's telling people who ask him questions what he thinks needs to happen to attain this goal. Most people will not listen to him. He's not wrong, either, from a singular objectivity standpoint, but what he's saying also isn't particularly practical, and people in general are done hearing about science from scientists. Fortunately for you, you don't have to listen to Fauci, as he's neither a legislator nor law enforcement.

I saw a gatdam NURSE on FB bragging about not having to wear a mask (complete with selfie) in the grocery store in AZ, and thanking Governor Ducey. We live in a country full of selfish people.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He doesn't set policy, nor does he make or enforce rules.

Apr 12, 2021, 2:54 PM

Still tho, the rest of us will be vaccinated. Mike Judge did NOT factor this into his outlook for humanity. There's still hope.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really feel like that's been the criticism all along, tho.

Apr 12, 2021, 3:03 PM [ in reply to He doesn't set policy, nor does he make or enforce rules. ]

There are so many people telling us we have to take Dr. Fauci as the gospel for what we must do. He should have a voice, and then leaders must make decisions.

If your role is to make sure everyone lives until their bodies just give out at 125 years old, then when someone asks if everyone should stay home, wrap themselves in bubble-wrap, eat a specifically prescribed diet, outlaw alcohol, fried-foods, contact sports, sky diving, etc, etc, they are going to say "yes". We just have to understand that their goal does not necessarily align with ours, as a society.

null

Who is telling you that?***

Apr 12, 2021, 3:22 PM

This seems to be another example of framing things to fit

Apr 12, 2021, 4:47 PM [ in reply to He doesn't set policy, nor does he make or enforce rules. ]

political leanings. In 2020, any decision that didn't track the last thing Fauci mentioned was met with, "Follow the science!" In 2021, when Fauci's myopic act wears thin, it's, "Well, he doesn't set policy."

I thought Fauci was a grandstander in 2020, and I think he's a grandstander now. Would be nice if the left leaners would also pick one side of the fence.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He doesn't set policy, nor does he make or enforce rules.

Apr 13, 2021, 10:20 AM [ in reply to He doesn't set policy, nor does he make or enforce rules. ]

LOL Doctors. Mine tell me to drink less, eat healthier, ....

Apr 12, 2021, 3:02 PM

lose weight and exercise more. WTH.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't stand people who don't tell me what...

Apr 12, 2021, 3:24 PM

I want to hear!

First, he doesn't have the power/authority to tell anyone what they can and can't do. He clearly admits as much. He giving his guidance. From an ultra-conservative medical perspective, I'm sure he's correct.

I eat inside in restaurants all the time now. What he said doesn't bother me...I know there's a risk associated with it. I'm careful where I can be and take educated risks, etc...

I would very much be against the government shutting down public places, but I'm not against someone in government giving their medical advice.

The dude has been in two Presidents' ears and the face

Apr 12, 2021, 5:31 PM

of the govt efforts against Covid. No, he's not the supreme dictator, but there's no need to pretend he's as insignificant on this topic as Dr. Ruth either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course....but the point I'm making is that...

Apr 13, 2021, 8:05 AM

he doesn't make policy.

Personally, I prefer that medical advice stays conservative and straightforward. It's up to the policy makers and executives to weigh and balance the risks. That's really a lot of what management boils down to...hearing expert opinion, weighting options, and making the best call that balances the priorities however you want them balanced.

Re: Can we just be done with this notalentassclown

Apr 12, 2021, 3:26 PM

Amen ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Says the person who posted a video of him...

Apr 12, 2021, 3:36 PM

Have you considered just not watching the video if you want to be "done" with him?

Re: Can we just be done with this notalentassclown

Apr 13, 2021, 10:12 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 777
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic