Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The joke has gone far enough.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

The joke has gone far enough.

Aug 2, 2017, 5:37 PM

B-Meist please put a banner post clarifying that there are no Clemson Coke bottles.

A senior couple stopped me in the soda aisle (I was wearing a Natty T-shirt) and desperately was asking if I knew if the store still had Natty Coke bottles.

I had to break the news to them that as far as I knew Coke had not issued any Clemson Championship bottles. I then mentioned that T-net had posted some spoof pictures of the '81 bottle with photo shopped 2016 labels but they were just joking.

The couple was greatly disappointed. They obviously were fans that took the T-net posts seriously and we're going out of their way in search of these bottles.

I realize the posts were done in good fun, but there never was a post that clarified that it was a joke, and now there are good Clemson fans being led astray. So for the sake of the Clemson family , can T-net do the honorable thing and clarify that there are no Natty Coke Bottles.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never thought Bill and GF#2 would fall for that***

Aug 2, 2017, 5:40 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

I don't expect this to end here.***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:09 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: The joke has gone far enough.

Aug 2, 2017, 5:48 PM

Just a reminder about the harsh reality of tnet.

#firstworldproblems

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2017, 6:01 PM

Thanks for clueing me in

I admit that I fell for the joke and I certainly should know better since I've been around the small minds of tnet for years!

btw/ my partner doesn't consider herself a senior citizen...,lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2017, 7:06 PM

You were just collateral damage in the dt carnage that's besieged tnet. Iron sharpens iron, but we're getting tired it's hitting each other. Soon we'll take it out on the opponent.

I own one of these bottles, so I'm calling BS on you.

Aug 2, 2017, 5:55 PM

They're out there. Just because YOU haven't seen one doesn't mean that they don't exist. Let me guess, you're an atheist...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: I own one of these bottles, so I'm calling BS on you.

Aug 2, 2017, 6:05 PM

Let me guess. You don't believe in dinosaurs

I believe in both. As a matter of fact, I own both.

Aug 2, 2017, 9:20 PM

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

^^underrated post***

Aug 2, 2017, 9:54 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well played sir.....well played........

Aug 2, 2017, 10:23 PM [ in reply to I believe in both. As a matter of fact, I own both. ]

+1 to you for making me and my son laugh

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

And, we thought it was a comet strike that killed off the

Aug 3, 2017, 9:32 AM [ in reply to I believe in both. As a matter of fact, I own both. ]

dinosaurs. Nope ... it was dino-diabetes from drinking dino-sized sugary drinks. At least this raptor had great taste.

+1 for the hilarious reply!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Randy

Aug 3, 2017, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I believe in both. As a matter of fact, I own both. ]

SoClose

I think the original poster is trying to buy as many as he

Aug 2, 2017, 6:26 PM [ in reply to I own one of these bottles, so I'm calling BS on you. ]

can and this is the sick way that he lowers demand in the marketplace so he can have more for himself and then sell them on eBay once they're no longer made. I hope he's happy with himself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People like him are the reason I still can't find a Furby.***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

$100 says he also posted all over gaming forums telling

Aug 2, 2017, 6:48 PM

people that the NES classic was fake. I bet he's bought all the Zima up in local stores too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG! He's cornering the market!!!***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:43 PM [ in reply to I think the original poster is trying to buy as many as he ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

I bet he bought all the Hatchimals at Christmas too. I had

Aug 3, 2017, 8:27 AM [ in reply to I think the original poster is trying to buy as many as he ]

to tell my daughter that Satan could not get her one because of bad people like this guy.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2017, 6:29 PM

I guessing this is a joke.

I haven't seen them myself yet but a Coke rep told me they would release them in the fall.

Yep in the fall

Aug 2, 2017, 6:54 PM

shhh don't tell him they come out later this month.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 2, 2017, 6:31 PM

I had no idea that crump and bmesit were responsible of people's lives outside of this forum.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can tell you that they are heavily involved in mine.***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

they are heavily involved - crump loaned me his car

Aug 2, 2017, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: The joke has gone far enough. ]
IMG_2588.JPG(98.4 K)

last weekend to grab a sixer of the new championship coke bottles

thx crump! still looking, but car will be back by the weekend. next stop, aldi in hoover, al. wish me luck

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 2, 2017, 6:32 PM

Oh good grief. Really guy?

Hey! He's not your guy, pal.***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:43 PM

Did you get the couples' name and number?

Aug 2, 2017, 6:38 PM

I have tickets and parking passes to sell for the Spring Game

What side dish did you bring to the All In Cookout??***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:45 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Couldn't make it. Car troubles***

Aug 2, 2017, 7:09 PM

B-Meist: please advise Clemson fans not to say "Natty".

Aug 2, 2017, 6:38 PM

Thanks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

They'll announce the new policy at their tnet presser.***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:56 PM

Aug 2, 2017, 6:39 PM

I appreciate the info. Never saw any on ebay so that should have clued me in. I was looking for them in walmart last week. Didn't go out of my way to go there. I was already there for something else but I was still looking down the coke isle and looking for a display. I was going to put it with my 81 and 74 bottles. I also have an orange 81 can and a purple pennant from the 40s or 50s. Man this is a bummer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty much every Clemson fan ever has those things, too***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:43 PM

Re: Pretty much every Clemson fan ever has those things, too***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:48 PM

I know. At least the long time fans do. Just saying I would like another bottle. I'm not special:)

That's a pretty good collection for an Asst Coach.

Aug 2, 2017, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Re: The joke has gone far enough. ]

high five

Aug 2, 2017, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: The joke has gone far enough. ]

I made a special trip to Publix and obviously no luck. I then told the cashier they were available now and that was my reason for being there.
True story! ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol at the people who thought that pic was real***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:40 PM

Re: lol at the people who thought that pic was real***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:44 PM

DOOD, it's a proven fact you can't lie on the internet. Everyone knows this.

Hmm

Aug 2, 2017, 6:47 PM

Re: lol at the people who thought that pic was real***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:45 PM [ in reply to lol at the people who thought that pic was real*** ]

You make me feel like a sucker lol. :)

Just going on a limb here...the new bottle will probably

Aug 2, 2017, 6:52 PM

have the paw at 1 o'clock and not look like it's from 1982.

It's going to be a variant of this:

Re: Just going on a limb here...the new bottle will probably

Aug 2, 2017, 6:53 PM

That's been the exact design for the past 3 years, and I don't expect it to change now.

I'd expect a one or two color print of the Clemson national championship logo, on that exact shaped bottle.

I've heard a few leaks on the design.

Aug 2, 2017, 6:55 PM

Sounds like it's going to feature Don Munson and Tom Winkopp prominently in a bottle-width mural.

Re: I've heard a few leaks on the design.

Aug 2, 2017, 6:57 PM

How many legendary announcers and historic buildings had to die to make this abomination?

Not enough.***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:59 PM

With some post-modern, facade heavy architecture

Aug 2, 2017, 6:57 PM [ in reply to I've heard a few leaks on the design. ]

that is certainly to age well.

Downtown is going to look marvelous is 10 years.

Aug 2, 2017, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Just going on a limb here...the new bottle will probably ]

Cool where do I get them? I'll give you my card info in this thread if you can get them for me.

When they're out, you'll know.

Aug 2, 2017, 6:58 PM

It will most likely be on the news, you'll see the cardboard displays in the stores and all the people talking about them on here will have actual pictures. It'll be later this month.

Aug 2, 2017, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Just going on a limb here...the new bottle will probably ]

Cool where do I get them? I'll give you my card info in this thread if you can get them for me.

lol at people who lol***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:46 PM [ in reply to lol at the people who thought that pic was real*** ]

Re: lol at people who lol***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:50 PM

Lol

lol******

Aug 2, 2017, 6:53 PM

Ummmm...rotfl?***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:54 PM

^thread jacker.***

Aug 2, 2017, 6:55 PM

Re: lol at people who lol***

Aug 2, 2017, 7:18 PM [ in reply to lol at people who lol*** ]

Lol. You made me lol, lol.

my first thought, sadly, is your screen name

Aug 2, 2017, 6:58 PM

what does the d stand for in dfan? asking for a friend. not that there is anything wrong with you being a fan of said d.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

"D" as in...Da bears.***

Aug 2, 2017, 7:02 PM

Aug 2, 2017, 7:04 PM

I asked a Coke Distributor and he looked at me like:

Aug 2, 2017, 7:07 PM

Your coke distribution guy is captain jack sparrow?

Does he drive a truck with black doors crewed by the d a m n e d?

Aug 2, 2017, 7:16 PM

Yes, he gets asked that all the time, his truck has "The Black Pearl" airbrushed on the side.

Aug 2, 2017, 7:57 PM

So you work at Walmart? Or do people just think you do?

I'm surprised those old people did not report you to management for not knowing stuff like that. Maybe try using the Walmart app next time, and it will point you to the correct aisle.

Mange: This is not your proudest moment.***

Aug 2, 2017, 8:48 PM

ROR***

Aug 2, 2017, 9:29 PM

I concur, D(ick)fan

Aug 3, 2017, 8:15 AM

#mange

What joke?***

Aug 3, 2017, 8:34 AM

the reality of this situation is....

Aug 3, 2017, 8:40 AM

SOMEBODY is gonna be the first one to find, and purchase, these elusive Clemson NC Coke bottles. Maybe you, maybe me. But the fact is they WILL be out there eventually.

You'll never be the first one to be able to loudly and proudly brag on TigerNet if you're not out there looking - EVERY DAY - until you find them.

You do what you want. I'm making a run through the stores on my way home from work this afternoon. You just never know.

Did you happen to catch their names? I just picked up a

Aug 3, 2017, 8:49 AM

couple of sixers at the Walmart in Anderson this AM, and would love to help where I can.

LMK.

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This has personally affected me

Aug 3, 2017, 8:57 AM

I took work off yesterday to make the drive to the Wal-Mart in Anderson to see if I could get my hands on a bottle or two. For those unaware, Raleigh is 4.5 hours away from Anderson. Do you know how disappointed I was to find out it was a fraud? I will never trust anything on the internet ever again, especially FakeNews Tigernet!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I like that you're a problem solver.

Aug 3, 2017, 11:26 AM

Do you have any time today to straighten out the American healthcare system?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic