Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
51% percent of voters on FGF said Hillinski will NEVER
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

51% percent of voters on FGF said Hillinski will NEVER

Sep 1, 2019, 10:49 AM

start at South Carolina..So I guess he is going to hit the transfer portal at a full gait..They also say Muschamp will be fired....But, I don't think they have the money to do that. He went from a -6-7 record to a flash in the pan 9-4 record and they bumped him up a million and gave him 6 years. I don't see how they can pay him off and then give the new coach any money at all....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they do get a ton of money from the SEC TV deal

Sep 1, 2019, 10:54 AM

A lot more than we get from ACC

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: they do get a ton of money from the SEC TV deal

Sep 1, 2019, 11:01 AM

apparently it hasn't helped much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can put lipstick on a pig, but

Sep 1, 2019, 2:32 PM

It is still a pig.

Substitute chicken for pig, and ...

Re: they do get a ton of money from the SEC TV deal

Sep 2, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to they do get a ton of money from the SEC TV deal ]

A lot more than we get from ACC

Ours will take a few years to hit it’s stride. The ACCN is built taking into account the mistakes ESPN feels like it had in their launch. For example, each school building out their own studio on campus , and the huge investment in better technology. As long as Comcast and Cox do sign up , the revenues will get much closer. There is pressure now building on Cox and Comcast . GobTigers !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The real question is

Sep 1, 2019, 11:41 AM

...who exactly do chicken fans think they're gonna get if they fire Muschamp?

Good football coaches don't want to coach there. Simply firing an average coach doesn't fix what ails them.

They have a branding problem...it's not going away.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The real question is

Sep 1, 2019, 11:45 AM

Someone suggested Dino. Do not know if that would work, but at least he would be coaching outside and still a pain in our side.

Sep 1, 2019, 12:32 PM

Who’s the next hot coach in the juco ranks ????????

Sep 2, 2019, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: The real question is ]

Lol.

But Dino is now an established "good coach" and is probably too smart to go there.

Besides, when FSU fires Taggart at the end of this season I wouldn't be surprised to see them go after Dino.

That would be scary.

Sep 2, 2019, 1:30 PM

That would make FSU a power house

Re: That would be scary.

Sep 2, 2019, 1:42 PM

....I kind of think so too.

Sep 1, 2019, 11:45 AM [ in reply to The real question is ]

The right person given the wheel and the right tools could win there . It may take firing Tanner and anyone else involved in making decisions off the field , but they have everything they need to be successful . They just haven't been .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Agree. The only scenario that scares me is that someone

Sep 1, 2019, 12:25 PM

who thinks long term gets control over there and stops looking to buy success with another desperation hire. You are right that they have the resources to build bottom up, if they commit to it. As long as they define success as being accepted by their big brothers in their conference and thus try to buy a front row seat they will keep floundering. We'll see.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 2, 2019, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: The real question is ]

And therein lie the problem. But, I used to think the same way you do.

128 years of nothingness isn't going to turn itself around. The chances of that are extremely slim.

You and I have a better chance of winning the lottery than South Carolina has of ever digging themselves out of 3rd-tier PWR-5 program (Vandy, UK, etc..) status.

Even if they stumbled on a great young coach he'd leave for a bigger job the first chance he got. They have a huge branding issue. Clemson, UGA, AUB, AL, GT, FL, FSU, NC, UK, etc...all have BIGGER better brands (and always have) that they can't win recruiting battles with. They have never even been able to project themselves consistently regionally, much less nationally. They had a window, now it's closed.

Lottery tickets, I like my chances better than theirs.

Sep 2, 2019, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Re: The real question is ]

I agree they do have resources.....BUT....if the Usuck school ever wants to really get SERIOUS about building their 'Brand' from scratch, the very first thing that needs to happen is to get rid of the chicken mascot. It can be done because other schools have done it! They will never re-brand that school's football program without getting rid of the chicken and that is a FACT!

Sep 2, 2019, 1:23 PM

Two words say you are correct sir.... “Go #####.”

What football player ever wants to have that come out of their mouth??

They only have MusChamp because their first 7 choices

Sep 1, 2019, 12:51 PM [ in reply to The real question is ]

wouldn't even talk to them - or used the interview at SC to get more money at a different school

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One FGF poster said Mike Leech.***

Sep 1, 2019, 3:15 PM [ in reply to The real question is ]

Also hearing the Iowa State coach.

Sep 2, 2019, 11:19 AM

NM

Re: 51% percent of voters on FGF said Hillinski will NEVER

Sep 1, 2019, 12:09 PM

Other than Tanner, who in their right mind thought Muschamp was the answer after failing at Florida with great players and easy recruiting?

Tanner is the problem. You have to remove him before they make any logical decisions. And they don't need to give WM any more raises. Nobody is going to hire him as a HC after this job.

I like their 10 Tips for making it thru the season thread

Sep 1, 2019, 12:11 PM

https://southcarolina.forums.rivals.com/threads/10-tips-for-making-it-thru-this-season.305372/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I like their 10 Tips for making it thru the season thread

Sep 2, 2019, 10:17 AM

That was great. You ought to repost as a thread topic.

Re: I like their 10 Tips for making it thru the season thread

Sep 2, 2019, 2:45 PM

I agree. I have new found appreciation for our feathered friends who seem to be catching on to what we all know, their team is pathetic!

Sep 1, 2019, 12:30 PM

His parents bought a house in the Lexington area , according to a friend .
So if he's planning on leaving after a year he better have that talk with his folks .

DB23

It’s my understanding that one of the reasons Ryan Hilinski

Sep 1, 2019, 12:42 PM

chose UofSC was so he and his family could come cross country and start over after his brothers suicide. I feel for them. They picked a bad place to start over.

Agree. I feel for the Hilinski family.

Sep 1, 2019, 2:35 PM

They made a bad decision hitching their wagon to this dumpster fire. It is not too late to find a new wagon train.

Sep 2, 2019, 9:33 AM

I bet Hillinski's parents feel duped right about now. Lipstick is off the pig.

If Helsinki doesn't get significant playing time now, after

Sep 2, 2019, 9:50 AM

this latest Bentley debacle, there may be a lynch mob forming on the Horseshoe before the next game is over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Helsinki doesn't get significant playing time now, after At

Sep 2, 2019, 12:19 PM

Mark by words. If Helsinki doesn’t start and start SOON fans will mutiny. Cockytalk forum already shut down because the good old boy admins over there doesn’t like it when people critique Tanner/Muschamps job performances.

Before anything we need a new Athletic Director as of yesterday. As long as Tanner and probably the entire board of trustees remain Carolina won’t be competitive in football. That’s my opinion.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic