Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just watched myself turning into my Dad.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 521

I just watched myself turning into my Dad.

Oct 3, 2018, 4:44 PM

My iPhone SE (My choice of phone, thank you, I hate big phones) is on it's last leg. I decided I needed a new one. Here are the things that were absolutely abnormal for me.

1) Didn't research it a bit...didn't care...needed new phone, that's all that mattered.
2) Didn't care about the latest and greatest---X? XS? XR? who cares...looks like a good deal on this 8.
3) What's that you say? I have to give up the home button if I go newer than 8? That cinches it...I ain't changing my ways for a stupid phone.
4) Free financing you say? Zero interest? Screw the time value of money...I don't have time for all that paperwork, just let me pay for it up front.

It hit me 10 minutes after I left the store....this wasn't me. None of these things are things I do in this situation, and they are all things my Dad would do.

Weird.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did you get the Samsung S8?

Oct 3, 2018, 5:22 PM

I have to give up my home "button" when I upgraded from the S4

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got the regular old iPhone 8.

Oct 3, 2018, 6:03 PM

it was probably obsolete by the time I left the store, but I don’t care—-I’m tired of playing the game. $1000+ is stupid money for a freaking phone.

I miss the days where they’d give you a phone for $0.99 if you stayed for 24 months.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can you add the dollar to the first months bill

Oct 3, 2018, 8:01 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm noticing my own transition to my dad myself

Oct 3, 2018, 6:41 PM

I do things that would have made me cringe 10 years ago.

I realized it the other day at a McDonald's drive-thru (lol cuz fat) when they did that thing where they go "sir, can I ask you to pull up, please" so that their inability to get the food out on time doesn't get reported to corporate.

I switched the car off and politely said, "I don't think so. You've got my money, now I want my food".

God, I'm old.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ate spit

Oct 4, 2018, 9:08 AM

you realize you ate spit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I became a mix of my dad and both grandfathers.

Oct 4, 2018, 8:05 AM

As far as electronic equipment, tvs and such I'm very practical. My sons and I owned a small cell phone store in Easley which I financed to give them summer jobs during summers between semesters in college a few year ago. After selling and servicing phones, computers, and such I learned to hate the Apple products.

They are way over priced for the difference between them and the droids and and completely ridiculous to own unless you give apple full access to your bank account and kiss their butts while they rape your wife and sell your children by the pound for dog food.

Of all the phones we dealt with the Samsung Note was the best value. My dad would have bought have bought the Note 9 if he had to buy a new phone over the past month because he liked new stuff and he didn't buy junk. I got a Note 9 two weeks ago.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I too carry the iPhone SE

Oct 4, 2018, 8:17 AM

I stopped reading at that comment so I could get some of your attention and approval.

I hope you feel the approval raining down on you.***

Oct 4, 2018, 8:29 AM

Re: I hope you feel the approval raining down on you.***

Oct 4, 2018, 8:31 AM

my most "I am my dad" habit

Oct 4, 2018, 8:41 AM

My dad thought watching TV was a waste of precious life, so he HAD to be doing something else of practical value at the same time when sitting down with mom in the living room after a long day.

I evidently have that same predisposition; I am compelled to be doing something else too. So I usually either pull out the shoeshine box and work on a pair of boots, or get out the whetstone and put the edge on a couple knives, or try and repair something while I watch a ballgame. Just like he did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read title, Saw name of poster

Oct 4, 2018, 9:07 AM

thought his was heading in the abandonment direction.

Was wrong.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I've had my XS Max for less than a week and I'm already

Oct 4, 2018, 10:43 AM

incredibly used to not having the home button. Actually found myself swiping up on my old 7+ that I was trying to reset.

Your loss, old man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Replies: 12
| visibility 521
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic