Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
AirFryer.net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 654

AirFryer.net

Mar 11, 2021, 1:31 PM

This isn't going to go how you anticipate or would like. I've ignored "air fryers" for the past 3 years or so since they started getting shoved in ear and eyeholes across social media and whatnot, mainly because the phrase itself is so impressively stupid, it doesn't deserve valuable seconds of my time. By definition, you can NOT fry in air. You can only fry in fat. The VERY first time I heard "air fryer", whenever that was, my brain goes "gimmick", and my brain was right.

I hadn't even heard any household noise about air fryers, like "I want one", or "that seems to be convenient, we should get one", so I haven't had to plot any kind of defense against the stupidity of air fryers. But suddenly...a goddamned used air fryer shows up on my kitchen counter. A fran of 19She UPGRADED air fryers, because...reasons. Gave the old one to 19She. So now I am FORCED to do a minimal amount of research on what these contraptions actually are for the purposes of debunking the concept.

It took me nearly 8 seconds to find the first NY Times article proving that air fryers are nothing but small convection ovens, of which we already have two, in the form of a range and a Breville toaster oven.

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-air-fryer/

We've had this Breville sitting on the counter for 6 years now, give or take. It can toast, bake, roast, broil, warm, and do my taxes, and it has about 3x the cooking space of this stupid air fryer basket, with roughly the same counter footprint. The convection fan has a bearing that seems to be going out, so it makes more noise than it did new, but it ain't any louder than this stupid air fryer. And it does the same thing. It's a workhorse, and it gets way more action than the full size oven because it heats up faster and uses less energy, and it's convenient af.

Now, see if you can guess how 19She handled this logic, and whether we still have said used air fryer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shameful attempt at a humblebrag about your

Mar 11, 2021, 1:35 PM

$300 toaster

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People are paying that much for one-trick-pony "air fryers".

Mar 11, 2021, 2:03 PM

THAT'S MY POINT.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a cuisinart

Mar 11, 2021, 1:36 PM

Probably like this one: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3745527/cuisinart-air-fryer-toaster-oven.jsp?skuid=39234719&CID=shopping30&utm_campaign=SMALL%20ELECTRICS&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=39234719&utm_campaignid=9836151764&gclid=Cj0KCQiAnKeCBhDPARIsAFDTLTKNpxG_quzzHsr01V-ZJAhkxfjVVqvcdMPPMwugqItckxzoMocmQlAaAq3UEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Benefits:
No more pop up toaster
Doubles as a toaster oven and didn't have one before
It can air fry

Zero downside. I find myself using it quite a bit rather than using the oven for something small.

Air fry can be tiddies on the right stuff. Fries, salmon, veggies, etc. all come out good. Once you discover reheated pizza via air fry, you'll wonder how you've ever eaten leftover pizza before.

Heck, today I air fried a leftover eggroll. Perfect balance of heatedness and crispy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got this one a few months ago and love it.............

Mar 11, 2021, 1:47 PM

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Cuisinart-Chef-s-1800-W-9-Slice-Stainless-Steel-Toaster-Oven-TOB-260N1/300864208

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, I just reread this for the 3rd time.

Mar 11, 2021, 1:40 PM

What are you carrying on about, Aero?

The cute part about air fryers is

Mar 11, 2021, 1:42 PM

That there are ####### air fryer cook books. Its a fuggin oven. Theyre big, bulky, and inconvenient. I hate ours. It was gifted to us from my sister, who asked if we wanted one, and I said no, but she bought it anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I got the Emeril one....decent but has a really loud fan

Mar 11, 2021, 1:54 PM

"air fries" OK, nothing much better than regular oven, or toaster oven. I think the special mesh basket is the only difference. Would not buy again if it went titsup.

I use my Pizza Pizzazz cooker way more for similar baking items. Faster and easier. THAT little darling, as discussed on here recently, is a wonderment of an appliance. On the day it ever breaks, I order a new one before the sun comes up the next morning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Want. Our toaster oven was a gift for our wedding in 1997.***

Mar 11, 2021, 2:13 PM

I have refused to buy an air fryer

Mar 11, 2021, 2:42 PM

for the same premise. I don't own a toaster oven, however, but I have 2 ovens that'll do the trick. and if we get real crazy, i'll put some peanut earl in my pot and crank up the turkey fryer and do it the old fashioned way.

Is the friend hot?***

Mar 11, 2021, 2:49 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She's upgrading air fryers.

Mar 11, 2021, 2:53 PM

So no.

Replies: 11
| visibility 654
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic