Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ever seen a dead body?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

ever seen a dead body?

Aug 24, 2016, 9:00 AM

not after the funeral home treatment?

Mrs Fluff's grandmother died a couple of years ago and i saw them wheel her out on the stretcher, but nothing bad.

any one got any cool stories? behind a dumpster, floating in the river, etc.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was dropping off breakfast for my wife at work the other

Aug 24, 2016, 9:02 AM

day and there was a taxi in the parking lot with several police cars and a fire truck around it. An ambulance pulled up and they removed the dead passenger from the cab. Eerie.

Wasn't nearly as cool as those kids in Stand By Me.

all 4 of mom's children and her husband were literally

Aug 24, 2016, 9:02 AM

by bedside when she gasped her last breath, we all remained right there while hospice removed the body from our home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brother of TOTE1 is a firefighter

Aug 24, 2016, 9:04 AM

he has tons of stories of dead bodies

RH Tig a warlord. Im sure he has some too

Definitely.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:10 AM

I mean, people are still alive when I impale them on pikes in my front yard, but the next morning they're usually cooperatively dead.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could you imagine if you were a warlard instead of a warlord***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:11 AM

Fluffier biscuits?***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:11 AM

mmm death chili biscuits***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:13 AM

Cougar is your bro?***

Aug 24, 2016, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Brother of TOTE1 is a firefighter ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

saw a possum in the road not 10 minutes ago

Aug 24, 2016, 9:09 AM

or do you mean human?

my grandfather had a heart attack and died right in front of me when I was a kid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dad use to be a firefighter

Aug 24, 2016, 9:12 AM

Use to ride with him on calls.

Have seen bodies laying on engines of wrecked cars.

Also saw a guy laying in a field on the way to church uncovered when I was in high school.

Went to his mom's house that night to visit and on the way back to his house (he was walking: house was about 100 yards apart) he had a massive heart attack and died in the field.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

so you are tote1's nephew? intrasting.***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Say "Uncle"***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Dad use to be a firefighter ]

I've seen Saving Private Ryan many times.***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:13 AM

Not a dead body, but a scene of carnage.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:17 AM

This is back when I was a kid. There was a railroad crossing that had no arms that come down to prevent drivers from crossing the tracks when a train approaches. I still don't know if it was an accident or what, but a woman in a Wrangler got herself T-boned by a commuter train. They hauled the bloody wreckage back behind the police station where some of my buddies and I checked it out. It was pretty much soaked in blood and I distinctly remember a few chunks of person meat stuck to the roll bar.

When brother of TOTE1 was a greenhorn fireman

Aug 24, 2016, 9:21 AM

he said a few times he shoveled brain matter up off the road.

do dead hookers count?***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dead hookers don't count

Aug 24, 2016, 9:22 AM

b/c they are dead, they can't even breathe

Only if you do blow off of them***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:22 AM [ in reply to do dead hookers count?*** ]

Seen a few of these at car lots***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:28 AM [ in reply to do dead hookers count?*** ]

only if you finish***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:53 AM [ in reply to do dead hookers count?*** ]

I don't do funeral homes/dead bodies. *******

Aug 24, 2016, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well you going to miss out on some darn good beer

Aug 24, 2016, 9:28 AM

at my wake.

Re: I don't do dead bodies. *******

Aug 24, 2016, 9:42 AM [ in reply to I don't do funeral homes/dead bodies. ******* ]

You never will with that attitude

I do IT work for a funeral home

Aug 24, 2016, 10:07 AM [ in reply to I don't do funeral homes/dead bodies. ******* ]

I've had to move a body (on the stretcher/dolly/whatever you call it) out of the way so I could get to their server. Kept watch on it out of the corner of my eye to make sure it didn't move - never know when the zombie apocalypse will start...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ever seen a dead body?

Aug 24, 2016, 9:34 AM

After a LO/TO mistake resulting in a freak accident, I watched a coworker die that had his leg severed and internals crushed. On the phone with 911 and cussing them out for there not being a helicopter available, 2 or 3 people deep in taking turns at CPR, first responders pronounced him dead when they got there (we knew deep down, but wouldn't quit), and I was one of the 4 that carried him down a few flights of stairs to the ambulance.

That was my worst and certainly not a "cool" story, but my story nonetheless. Makes me think of our veterans and soldiers that deal with this everyday. I know how this incident has stuck with me and can't imagine how they deal with it in their environments.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2016, 9:37 AM

did he not LO/TO? Sucks.***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: ever seen a dead body? ]

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: did he not LO/TO? Sucks.***

Aug 24, 2016, 10:37 AM

he did, but on the wrong disconnect. He didn't ask to try out the equipment that he was going to be in. If he had, he'd have realized it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

family business was a body shop and when I was little...

Aug 24, 2016, 9:37 AM

my Dad drove the wrecker/tow-truck on the weekends and he used to let me go on calls with him. He did a pretty good job of shielding me from most bad stuff, but some things got by him. Saw some things I probably shouldn't have at that age.

I will never ride/own a motorcycle as a result. Saw more than a few folks in very bad shape/deaded in motorcycle wrecks.

Most vivid memory of dead body (or body parts) was when I went to a wreck where a VW bug took a corner too fast and hit a brick wall head-on at a pretty high speed. Bug crumpled to about 4-5 feet long. Body parts popped out from windows...head found about 20 feet away from car.

Aug 24, 2016, 9:43 AM

http://youtu.be/5YeQbmGIAWs

Girl I went to high school with pulled out in front of some

Aug 24, 2016, 9:52 AM

other teenagers, who were speeding, at a 2 way stop. This was at night. Her car traveled through the gas station parking lot and knocked over a pump or two. Gas station was closed. My cousin and I were the first ones to come upon the scene. There was a small fire under her car that we were able to put out. She was a cute girl. No obvious trauma. Just looked like she was sleeping. This was 25+ years ago, so the memory's a little fuzzy now.

I saw Strom many times before he died.***

Aug 24, 2016, 9:54 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got one. I saw a 180-year old dead woman once

Aug 24, 2016, 10:23 AM

Actually, she lived about 50 of those 180 years. The rest was spent buried in a coffin for about 10 years until Sherman burned Columbia. Then she spent all of her time since the Civil War underneath the church. She has a glass window on her coffin. See, when Sherman burned Washington Street United Methodist Church in downtown Columbia, they rebuilt the church over part of the cemetery, forever relegating those graves to the crawlspace. One of those graves belonged to a woman who died in the mid-1850's. Her husband wanted to be able to always see her, so her coffin was built with a glass "window" over the lady's face. In the crawlspace, the "window" is protected by a metal lid. It's like lifting the lid on a water meter basically. Lift the lid, dust off the glass, and there she is.

Her skin is burgundy colored, and she still has some hair. She was buried in a white-lace dress with lace visible on her neck. She needs some dental work, but otherwise she looks a lot like the Crypt Keeper in Tales from the Crypt.

I am one of only a few people, even among members of that church, who have seen her. See, one Halloween when I was in middle school, or so, the new and short-lived youth director, thought it would be a good idea to let people go down into the crawlspace and look at her. I believe he was relieved of his duties the next day. Anyway, you access the crawlspace through a janitor's closet through the floor. Go to the left about 10-15 yards and there she is. the crawl space is so small you can't even crawl on your hands and knees. You have to get on your stomach.

All of this is true by the way.

Message was edited by: Tiggity®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Serious question:

Aug 24, 2016, 10:27 AM

Do all dead people buried in Columbia turn burgundy-colored? Like, the mark of the beast, I mean?

I haven't met a lot of them, so I don't know.***

Aug 24, 2016, 10:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Knowing that all you need is a shovel and the cover of

Aug 24, 2016, 10:36 AM

darkness, I'm assigning this project to you. I expect the results on my desk by COB Friday.

The written report, NOT the bodies, I mean.

Re: Knowing that you have never given me one red cent

Aug 24, 2016, 10:45 AM

You can.....

Red, like burgundy?

Aug 24, 2016, 10:47 AM

And plain grits, or cheese grits?

THESE ARE IMPORTANT QUESTIONS.

You will have my answer shortly.***

Aug 24, 2016, 11:31 AM

IF I WANTED SHORTY TO ANSWER, I WOULD HAVE ASKED HIM.***

Aug 24, 2016, 12:16 PM

Sophia Nance...

Aug 24, 2016, 10:17 PM [ in reply to I got one. I saw a 180-year old dead woman once ]

...and supposedly she only lived to be 28.

2024 student level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one of my employees dropped dead @ the time clock

Aug 24, 2016, 12:07 PM

punching out Christmas eve

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. I had a 15 year old girl die in my hands.***

Aug 24, 2016, 4:44 PM

WTeF? No back story or anything?

Aug 24, 2016, 4:53 PM

Just that explosion of a statement.

Most everyone knows it. It was the whole thing of me

Aug 24, 2016, 9:01 PM

urging everyone to wear seatbelts. Check my trophy posts if you want to read the story.

Pretty tiny 15 year old.***

Aug 24, 2016, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Yes. I had a 15 year old girl die in my hands.*** ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ouch.

Aug 24, 2016, 5:13 PM

Pretty rough even for lunge standards. But heck, it's the lunge.

Wow..You are being pretty mellow for such a sad moment..

Aug 24, 2016, 5:15 PM

Yeah I have seen a few dead people not at funeral homes or at a graveyard.

I was a volunteer firefighter for several years, so several

Aug 24, 2016, 7:26 PM

Night after the spring game 2010 a freshman was driving drunk on Seneca Creek Rd and rolled his SUV. Washed his brain matter off the road with a fire hose. That was my first one and really messed with me because of his age.

It's called 'necrophilia' and you mind your own business.***

Aug 24, 2016, 10:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic