Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Top-10 Dabo wins: Tigers turn Miller and the Buckeyes into hurtin' buckaroos
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Top-10 Dabo wins: Tigers turn Miller and the Buckeyes into hurtin' buckaroos

Jun 26, 2019, 8:01 AM

Top-10 Dabo wins: Tigers turn Miller and the Buckeyes into hurtin' buckaroos

Clemson's win over Ohio St. in the Orange Bowl was full of big plays and big moments as the teams traded points from the opening kickoff. When the dust settled, Braxton Miller and the Buckeyes were hurtin' buckaroos. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Top-10 Dabo wins: Tigers turn Miller and the Buckeyes into hurtin' buckaroos

Jun 26, 2019, 8:19 AM

:)

Re: TNET: Top-10 Dabo wins: Tigers turn Miller and the Buckeyes into hurtin' buckaroos

Jun 26, 2019, 12:26 PM

Maybe Germans, but I remember this being the game that made Braxton Miller change his position from QB to WR/H-Back.

Jun 26, 2019, 8:34 AM

Was the best post season win we had had since the peach bowl win against Tennessee in 03!!! And then the next year we follow up with this one!!! Tajh definitely saved his best for last!!! And man o man, I had a couple of clients who were big time buckeye alum!!! That was so sweet!!! Hahahahaha!!

Go tigers!!!

We are here to stay

Jun 26, 2019, 9:05 AM

This is the game for me where I believed Clemson was "here to stay" at the elite college football level. Of course Clemson had periods of greatness and even not-so-great Clemson teams knocked off great teams. But this game is when I felt like we were going to start consistently competing with the elite of college football year-in and year-out.

Jun 26, 2019, 9:07 AM

This was my first and (so far) only post-season Clemson football game I've been to. It was an epic game and experience!

Not really knowing what I was doing, I ended up getting tickets on the Ohio St side of the stadium, and sat beside one very obnoxious Ohio St fan. Every time Ohio St did something good, he would get up, point a finger in my face and tell me to go home! It was so bad that the Ohio St fans on the other side of us apologized for his behavior towards us. Well, as the game was winding down, he was no where to be found...he had gone home!

It was a very fun game. We were right down near the front and we could see the Ohis St players as they came off the field. They looked tired and beat up each time they came off, especially their OL and DL players. Even though we had to come back, it seemed like we were getting the better of them all game. I don't think they knew what hit them that night!

I still think the guys in the striped shirts were the stars

Jun 26, 2019, 9:10 AM

for Ohio St in that game. If we had not been hit with penalties time after time in crucial situations, that game would have been a blow out.

Last chance for a BCS trophy...

Jun 26, 2019, 9:19 AM

...got one before the BCS era ended. The only team from the state of SC win a BCS game.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spencer Shuey was a beast in that game***

Jun 26, 2019, 9:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

"The best is yet to come"

Jun 26, 2019, 11:56 AM

so true

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

My husband and I sat next to Matt Millen and some of his production crew at lunch in the hotel.

Jun 26, 2019, 11:57 AM

We started talking to him and he was pleasant but really didn’t give our Tigers a chance. He said we’d not played a team of tOSU’s caliber. Boyd was a nice player but and so on. We were so hoping to run into him after the game!

Message was edited by: Tiger Nana®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My husband and I sat next to Matt Millen and some of his production crew at lunch in the hotel.

Jun 26, 2019, 12:12 PM

Hey Matt! "How you like us now?" ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My husband and I sat next to Matt Millen and some of his production crew at lunch in the hotel.

Jun 26, 2019, 2:51 PM [ in reply to My husband and I sat next to Matt Millen and some of his production crew at lunch in the hotel. ]

Right after Clemson's second score on a pass to Watkins: Millen,"A beleaguered defense that Clemson chooses to kick while they are down." The words of a truly unbiased analyst, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love this series. I noticed in this highlight how well Boyd

Jun 26, 2019, 1:12 PM

put the ball in front of the receivers on the wide screens, and got it to them quickly. They got the ball free of defenders and already moving upfield. Watson was also good at this, but maybe even he was not as good a Boyd on that throw. Bryant was not nearly as good, and now TL is as good or better. Its a little thing, but makes a huge difference, I think.

As good as Watson and TL have been for us, the Boyd/Watkins/Nuk combination was probably as good as anything since. I don't claim to be able to evaluate players, and I don't know anything about reading defenses and who did what regarding that. But looking at the plays that were made, man, Boyd to Watkins/Nuk was pretty magical.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Venables had been the DC back then, these teams

Jun 26, 2019, 6:24 PM

would have been just as elite as the last few have been, IMO.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Venables had been the DC back then, these teams

Jun 26, 2019, 9:27 PM

Coach Venables was the DC during this game. He had taken over after the WVU debacle 2 yea4s earlier. He was still getting his players in place.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I forgot how much I loved watching Spencer Shuey play.

Jun 26, 2019, 7:20 PM

Never the most talented or the fastest or the strongest ... he fought hard and loved Clemson. He came up huge in so many games.

Great memories.

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic