Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am shocked that an essentially internal investigation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

I am shocked that an essentially internal investigation

Aug 22, 2018, 10:18 PM

concluded that nobody intentionally lied , all were sincere, and a little slap on the wrist is the appropriate outcome. Seems clear to me that those above Smith had knowledge ( or either he or urb, or both would have been fired for not reporting it ) and came to the conclusion that a sweep it under the rug approach could work. As for ESPN now sounding like msnbc instead of sticking to the football aspects, pretty silly. They should let others do that. Urb came off really poorly and arrogant, as expected. The prez and trustees knew they had to "do something", and did "as little as possible". We shall see if this is the end of it. I think not.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am shocked that an essentially internal investigation

Aug 22, 2018, 10:32 PM

Not surprised. No way Ohio State was going to fire a winning coach.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 10:34 PM

What?? They’ve fired their last 4!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, but at least one of'em punched a guy........***

Aug 22, 2018, 10:56 PM

Re: Yeah, but at least one of'em punched a guy........***

Aug 22, 2018, 11:41 PM

... Yeah , but weakly .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Aug 22, 2018, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I am shocked that an essentially internal investigation ]

Actually OSU has proven they will fire a winner. Tressell.

But I'm wondering about Title IX issues that may result from this.

Aug 22, 2018, 10:37 PM

They had absolutely no choice with Tressel, the NCAA put a 5 year show-cause on him.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Aug 22, 2018, 11:22 PM

And now he is a University President.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 10:43 PM

This is my opinion - I hope it blows over and is forgotten. The pressure to handle things unfootball would cause a lot of coaches to use terrible judgment. I think the wrist slap is sufficient for his part. May be a dumb opinion. Sports announcers are quite desperate to have a story is the reason i don't think it will fade. They will keep on and on and on. The reason he will be hung will be for the story and not for the crime.

The idea that a university based judicial system should take

Aug 22, 2018, 10:58 PM

the place of the U.S. court system of justice was and is ludicrous.

Aug 22, 2018, 11:05 PM

Ohio State conducted a thorough investigation then failed badly to recognize the consequences of doing as little as possible! This whole situation spoke of “saving football” instead of having Meyer acknowledge where he failed beyond mere statements. I suspect this will have long term consequences on the program including recruiting.

Go Tigers ??!!

Aug 23, 2018, 2:32 AM

I'm not sorry that I believe any man, woman, or child regardless of race, color, or religion or lack of is innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable shadow of doubt. None of us has read not a word of their investigative findings, and there are people angry as #### that Meyer wasn't fired and hung. I'm sure that Courtney Smith was abused by her husband Zach Smith but, when the cops were called to their house Courtney refused to press any charges against her husband. And what Meyer knew or didn't know has not been proven by any one. And just bc Courtney Smith is now saying that she had told Meyers wife, there isn't a one of us that knows what was or wasn't told by Courtney to who or when. She lied to the cops bc if she hadn't, they would have arrested Zack Smith on the spot at least one of the times they were called. Plus we don't know what Meyer's wife did or didn't tell Meyer, or when he was told and what he was told. Now that the two of them are divorced or getting a divorce, and Zack doesn't have any income to give Courtney what she was use to getting, I believe that Courtney will lie her A$S off about what and who she told was going on in hers and Zach's marriage. If she can some how prove that her husbands bosses knew she was getting beat up and nothing was done, it gives her a chance to sue OSU and collect mega bucks, and yes I do believe she would lie about it to gain a huge pay day!!! But the fact still remains that the only thing any of us know, is what is being told by people in the media, and we all know that the media don't lie or stretch the truth to sell ink. But still some believe the words that are coming from the media court of sell sell sell the story, and the truth just don't sell very well!!! My biggest question is why didn't Courtney Smith go to Meyer, and ask him for a face to face meeting and tell him herself what was happening in hers and Zach's marriage with the abuse. Why didn't she ever take her claims straight to Meyer, after all, Meyer was Zack's boss, and not Meyer's wife... IMO, Urban Meyer is not guilty until it has been proven that he is guilty. Also, anything that Meyers wife told him about what Courtney was telling her, it is hear say where Meyer is concerned, and hear say evidence isn't accepted in the court of law!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2018, 11:21 PM

After the UNC debacle, and the numerous SEC infractions that all seem to be nothing more than a slap on the wrist, I did not expect anything different. OSU probably felt like if everyone else can get away with anything, why not them? I never expected Urban to be fired. I expected nothing more than a 2-game suspension because they must play TCU in game 3. That might affect the entire season. I'm amazed that they added that 3rd game. If they lose to TCU, they're gonna be ticked. They're rolling the dice on that one.

Aug 22, 2018, 11:24 PM

The investigation itself seemed fine. They’re publishing the report, they interviewed everyone necessary, and their findings were solid. The issue is the punishment doesn’t suit the findings.

Aug 22, 2018, 11:32 PM

have to ask - how do you determine that Urb lied "unintentionally " ? To me , that seemed like the justification for the lenient penalty, and is where I have a problem with the investigation.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one has to like another man

Aug 23, 2018, 6:40 AM

Yet neither should sentencing be done absent facts...as AllOrange has laid out. One key point is, no evidence has been shown to suggest Urban didn't report per protocol. Report means that...it doesn't mean there's further obligation. Did he bungle the heck out of the original media day question...no doubt. Was he blind-sided by it? No doubt. Do you think the reporter might have been well served to have contacted Urban privately with his findings before putting on a 'dog and pony' show that benefited himself at Urban's expense? It would have been the professional action.

Regarding any Florida (alleged) transgressions...perhaps Urban learned from those? Maybe that's why he backed away from coaching for a couple of years?

If I'm questioning anyone at tOSU, it's the AD. He's in the cross-hairs...and he's the one with history on his watch. Where tOSU bungled all of this is in trying to not really punish anyone. Had the president actually resigned (as reported as discussed), he'd have really cast a light on tOSU. And, he'd have spoken to every college and university, nationwide, that there a larger mandate than football on every campus. Any school that thinks otherwise, needs to self-evaluate.

At day's end...or, as things stand now, Smith is the winner...and he should, per evidence known to date, be the loser.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic