Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am quite proud of this...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

I am quite proud of this...

Mar 22, 2017, 1:47 PM

http://www.bpnews.net/48547/frank-gillespie-remembered-by-clemsons-dabo-sweeney

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awesome.

Mar 22, 2017, 1:51 PM

Thanks for sharing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: That's awesome.

Mar 22, 2017, 1:53 PM

Great tribute. Wonderful memories.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great article! When I grow up I hope to be like your Dad.

Mar 22, 2017, 1:55 PM

You give Dabo any advice?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

told him I loved him...

Mar 22, 2017, 1:59 PM

and didn't mention the grief I caused on here during the Gamecoot streak

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: told him I loved him...

Mar 22, 2017, 8:33 PM

Good gracious that's an impressive article. Your dad deserves a place in The Ring of Honor!
A local and national hero, as well as a man of God!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am quite proud of this...

Mar 22, 2017, 1:55 PM

You would think they could spell the National Championship-winning coach's name correctly.

Good grief.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

it is correct in the article***

Mar 22, 2017, 1:58 PM

That's what you took from that article?

Mar 22, 2017, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: I am quite proud of this... ]

Good grief.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

great article

Mar 22, 2017, 1:58 PM

sorry for you loss

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

That's great franc, what a tribute to a true Clemson

Mar 22, 2017, 2:18 PM

hero. Thank you for sharing that article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

really cool franc

Mar 22, 2017, 2:30 PM

you should be very proud

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

You should be very proud.

Mar 22, 2017, 2:35 PM

What an incredible example to follow.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

I inherited the sarcasm from him...

Mar 22, 2017, 2:43 PM

One time when I was in high school and he was out of town on a business trip, I had my friends over...

Before he returned, I took all of the empty beer cans and hid them in the bottom of a large trash can under grass clippings from when I cut the yard.

He came home and I was out with friends. When I came back he asked, "Where did all of those beer cans come from?"

I said, "Somebody through them out in the yard."

He replied, "Well, you need to lock the doors when you're gone because someone came in and filled up the ashtrays too."

ha ha ha... classic

Mar 22, 2017, 4:22 PM

Love the snarky humor of folks from that generation. They weren't loud and didn't talk much... but when they did, it was always worth waiting for.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Incredible story about an incredible witness

Mar 22, 2017, 2:40 PM

How did he come to be such a true believer? Sounds like his folks did a pretty good job on him, just like he did on you.

thanks so much for sharing the story, and the inspiration. That kind of spirit, praise God, is contagious.

Just curious...

Mar 22, 2017, 3:15 PM

Do you know what years he was at Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kentucky?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just curious...

Mar 22, 2017, 3:21 PM

I do not for sure. It would have been mid 50's. Going through his stuff, I found no transcripts from Southern. I know he studied there because we talked about it. I think IBM might have had him in Louisville for a little bit.

Mar 22, 2017, 3:23 PM

awesome and incredible!! Thanks for sharing! Touches your heart!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As you should be franc...as you should be***

Mar 22, 2017, 3:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Your dad lived the life and holds the legacy one can only dream about.

Mar 22, 2017, 4:10 PM

WWII veteran? Clemson all-star athlete? Accomplished is an understatement. Incredible.

There's something in these hills.

As you should be.***

Mar 22, 2017, 4:16 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I would be too*****

Mar 22, 2017, 4:32 PM

He!! I'm proud and he ain't even my dad.***

Mar 22, 2017, 4:33 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Your Dad had a wonderful life and leaves a great legacy.

Mar 22, 2017, 7:47 PM

Love hearing his great love for Christ and his ministry.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As you should be!

Mar 22, 2017, 8:15 PM

Thanks for continuing to share your Dad's legacy and inspire others to remember their Christianity. What a great man and a Clemson legacy!

And thank you Franc for continuing his ministry on a website that has so many sinners like myself!

Go Tigers!!!

Re: As you should be!

Mar 22, 2017, 10:34 PM

Aren't we all flawed? He was as well.

I find Tigernet to be a fun diversion from the stresses of life, keep up with Tiger sports, make some new friends, and have some stupid fun.

Mar 23, 2017, 12:27 AM

What a great man. He accomplished more in one life than most people would in ten. You should be very proud. Sorry for your loss.

Mar 23, 2017, 1:02 AM

I knew your dad several years ago and it was an honor to spend time with him. God bless your family. We will see him someday.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

name dropper

Mar 23, 2017, 1:18 AM

;)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does that really say "Prof Cluck" in the picture in your

Mar 23, 2017, 6:19 AM

signature?

How did he ever get hired at Clemson??

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Mar 23, 2017, 6:28 AM

Thanks for sharing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazing story - incredible Clemson Gentleman. Did you grow

Mar 23, 2017, 6:30 AM

up in Brandon, FL while he was helping at Bell Shoals ?

Know the church well and curious as to its Clemson ties that I had never heard of until just now.

Much condolence and love to you & your family.

A life well lived.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

A True Celebration of Life

Mar 23, 2017, 10:02 AM

Franc,

You're in our prayers as you continue this journey.

Mar 23, 2017, 12:51 PM

Wow - that's a LOT to be proud of! Your Dad sounds like an incredible man to me!! Thanks for sharing; great story!!!

Your Dad was an impressive man. You must be very proud..

Mar 23, 2017, 2:42 PM

I know you will miss him.

That is wonderful.***

Mar 23, 2017, 4:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic