Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some stats that make me feel good about the NCST game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,556

Some stats that make me feel good about the NCST game

Oct 10, 2018, 3:34 PM

I compared stats to date for Clemson, NC State and their respective opponents so I could see not only how we are doing, but who we are doing it against.

I left out James Madison and Furman because they are both FCS and I couldn't compare apples to apples. That may be a little unfair to NC ST because I'm not sure that JM isn't the best team they've played.

NC ST has played four (4) FBS teams - GA State, Marshall, UVA and BC

We've played five (5) FBS teams - TX A&M, GA Southern, GA TECH, Syracuse and Wake

TOTAL OFFENSE
NC State ranks 25th (480.2 YPG) against an average TD opponent ranking of 73 (400 YPG)
Clemson ranks 8th (531 YPG) against an average TD opponent ranking of 72 (397 YPG)

RUSHING OFFENSE
NC State ranks 96th (144.8 YPG) against an average RD opponent ranking of 64 (162 YPG)
Clemson ranks 5th (280.8 YPG) against an average RD opponent ranking of 66 (160 YPG)

PASSING OFFENSE
NC State ranks 7th (335.4 YPG) against an average PD opponent ranking of 82 (238 YPG)
Clemson ranks 52nd (250.2 YPG) against an average PD opponent ranking of 80 (237 YPG)

TOTAL DEFENSE
NC State ranks 32nd (341.4 YPG) against an average TO opponent ranking of 69 (379 YPG)
Clemson ranks 3rd (261.2 YPG) against an average TO opponent ranking of 45 (447 YPG)

RUSHING DEFENSE
NC State ranks 15th (107.4 YPG) against an average RO opponent ranking of 69 (173 YPG)
Clemson ranks 17th (108.3 YPG) against an average RO opponent ranking of 16th (266 YPG)

PASSING DEFENSE
NC State ranks 84th (234 YPG) against an average PO opponent ranking of 70 (232 YPG)
Clemson ranks 7th (152.8 YPG) against an average PO opponent ranking of 88 (180 YPG)

SCORING OFFENSE
NC State ranks 47th (33 PPG) against an average SD opponent ranking of 70 (27 PPG)
Clemson ranks 18th (42 PPG) against an average SD opponent ranking of 60 (26 PPG)

SCORING DEFENSE
NC State ranks 15th (17 PPG) against an average SO opponent ranking of 72 (30 PPG)
Clemson ranks 7th (14 PPG) against an average SO opponent ranking of 39 (36 PPG)

I believe the above clearly shows that our offense is slightly better statistically than NC ST against similar opponent averages, although we get to the yardage by different means. The opponents are statistically similar. Our scoring offense is significantly better.

Our defense is head and shoulders above NC ST in every way possible against better statistical competition. Our 17th ranked rushing D ranking has been earned against an opponent rushing O AVERAGE ranking of 16.

Anyway, just thought it was interesting and confirms my thoughts.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some stats that make me feel good about the NCST game

Oct 10, 2018, 3:41 PM

Interesting, Thank you

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good analysis

Oct 10, 2018, 3:45 PM

I think we’ll be able to move the ball with relative ease. I expect a Syracuse level offensive performance from them in terms of points scored.

State actually reminds me a lot of Syracuse.***

Oct 10, 2018, 4:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Some stats that make me feel good about the NCST game

Oct 10, 2018, 3:51 PM

Nice job. Add to that that our opponents stats would be better if they hadn’t played Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We clearly outclass them talent-wise by a large margin...

Oct 10, 2018, 4:00 PM

We just need the will to go out and crush them. If any team on our schedule deserves it, they do. I hope Venables is already lighting that fire on the defense and the OC's are scheming ways to exploit their defense from the first snap of the game. I'd love to see us score 21 points on them in the first quarter and leave them dazed and demoralized by halftime.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You put a lot of work there, Thank you.***

Oct 10, 2018, 4:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not so confident

Oct 10, 2018, 6:36 PM

Findley will terrorize our safeties if he is not pressured. See Kellen Mond.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am not so confident

Oct 10, 2018, 6:46 PM

braker® Finley is a 5 year or 6th year senior who has seen it all; true! But, he had a security blanket in Samuels and Hines last year! Those guys are gone. Will some other player step up; maybe. But, it's hard to gauge who they are as new starters b/c of the competition they have played thus far. BC was their toughest game and they: A. played at carter-finley. B. BC was w/o 80% of their offensive production that game and still managed a couple TD's. BC held them to 7 points in the 2nd half of their game. You have to think BC was going 3 and out a bunch w/o their playmakers making the trip to Raleigh. And yet, NC State only managed 28 points on a tired probably not very deep/but good BC defense! Shaky in my mind!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Game Plan

Oct 10, 2018, 7:39 PM

We will use our ""FINESSE"" type offense to lull them to sleep,in the first half

come out of half time with our ""SMASH_MOUTH"" offense and completely destroy all hope of a win for the pups ___________________________

Desmond will be so proud of his ""favorite team""(not*) - he will rush to his TWITTER account and shout out many more stupid TWITS,to secure his place in broadcast history as a complete MORON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,556
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic