Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am a huge Panthers fan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1,571

I am a huge Panthers fan

Feb 8, 2016, 11:52 AM

but why in the #### do you guys or anyone care what Cam does or doesn't do after a game. He was pi55ed about losing the biggest game of his career. Some of you clowns act like he slit the throat of a reporter and drank his blood on sportscenter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigertown

Re: I am a huge Panthers fan

Feb 8, 2016, 11:54 AM

FACT OF THE MATTER IS A LOT OF PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD ARE NOT HAPPY UNLESS THEY CAN TALK JUNK ABOUT A PLAYER. THEY LOVE THROWING CLEMSON COACHES AND PLAYERS UNDER THE BUS.

Feb 8, 2016, 11:57 AM

I AGREE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 12:25 PM

And a THIRD

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whats your angle with this post Franc?***

Feb 8, 2016, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I am a huge Panthers fan ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whats your angle with this post Franc?***

Feb 8, 2016, 12:40 PM

Seems precarious and foreboding. Ominous even. Doesn't bode well!

Obtuse ... because he ain't acute one.***

Feb 8, 2016, 12:42 PM [ in reply to whats your angle with this post Franc?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

How come nobody ever gets thrown over the bus?***

Feb 8, 2016, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: I am a huge Panthers fan ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is Batson's fault! Bad S&C!***

Feb 8, 2016, 12:08 PM

that's actually when someone takes one for the someone

Feb 8, 2016, 12:35 PM [ in reply to How come nobody ever gets thrown over the bus?*** ]

else... the someone else gets thrown over the bus

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It makes small men feel less insignificant to take shots at

Feb 8, 2016, 11:56 AM

great men.

Always been that way.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 11:57 AM

Its the PC in them.....

They're just like the tree hugging liberals that come out every time a black guy doesn't get hired for a job.

Cam Newton has a responsibility to act like they want him to and if he doesn't he's a spoiled little brat....

Lol.. what

Feb 8, 2016, 12:05 PM

Lol.. seriously

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

...and to think,

Feb 8, 2016, 12:11 PM

that made sense to him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Disclaimer : I am not a Panthers fan

Feb 8, 2016, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: I am a huge Panthers fan ]

And nor am I a fan of any professional team. I like to watch it, but no need to have a team. It doesn't resonate with me the way college football does.

With that said, Cam is under precisely zero requirement to behave in any way other than the way he wants to (and to some extent the way his employer asks/requires). But I will add that when you get paid mega bucks to throw a ball and "lead" a team, you open yourself up to criticism when you don't do those well. But I have no dog in the fight. It simply looked like he was physically and emotionally whipped. It happens. He's human.

And so are the folks who criticize him. It's all entertainment for cripes sake. Take the "PC Tree Hugging liberal" crud away for a second and just think about it like this (or at least this is howI think about it).

Can Newton is a character. A created character played by a man who gets paid well to play that character. And just like any character some folks will love him and others will not. SOme folks will vilify his (perhaps minuscule) missteps and others will choose to defend his (perhaps large) mistakes.

It's not rocket science or world peace. It's entertainment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disclaimer : I am not a Panthers fan

Feb 8, 2016, 12:23 PM

Sorry I don't go along with the whole "it comes with the territory" spill...

To me that just gives the media an excuse to do what they do.

I wish more players would take the Marshawn Lynch approach and just play football and go home. I could care less what they have to say. I watch the game for myself. I didnt need Cam to tell me the pass protection was horrible last night.

It's part of the job

Feb 8, 2016, 12:26 PM

Now I get you don't like that it's part of the job, but it is. When you become a star in the league and are paid like a star in the league you know that part of the job is sitting on a stage and answering idiotic questions.

They're mind-numbingly stupid questions, no doubt. They are often trick questions intended to elicit a response that can be taken out of context. Everyone knows it, but those questions and the articles they lead to, and the new coverage they create are PART OF THE WAY YOU GET PAID.

Do your job. And if you don't you get criticized by some blowhard or another. Not me, I don't care. But don't act surprised when you do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, if a player acts like a spoiled brat...

Feb 8, 2016, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I am a huge Panthers fan ]

Is he not a spoiled brat because he is a great football player?

Re: I am a huge Panthers fan-fine but I'm not

Feb 8, 2016, 12:13 PM

and this isnt the board for it. THis is for Clemson. i'M sure there is a spot somewhere for Panthers fans that you could have interesting discussions about though

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huge Panthers fan? Well how

Feb 8, 2016, 12:16 PM

much do you weigh?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

This sounds like you are picking a fight

Feb 8, 2016, 12:17 PM

Or looking for a date.

One or the other.

what if it's a she, that might seem insensitive...

Feb 8, 2016, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Huge Panthers fan? Well how ]

coot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

looking for a BBW?

Feb 8, 2016, 12:36 PM [ in reply to Huge Panthers fan? Well how ]

Craigslist probably a better spot to fish Bob.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 8, 2016, 12:31 PM

> you clowns act like he slit the throat of a reporter
> and drank his blood on sportscenter.

Now THAT I would pay to see. Can we have an election on who's throat gets slit?

I like your funny words magic man

Feb 8, 2016, 12:51 PM

Let's start with Scam's. I believe he has made that demonstration in the end zone before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1,571
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic