Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Smokin Pig-Pendleton review
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 409

Smokin Pig-Pendleton review

Apr 16, 2021, 8:44 AM

Haven't been there for seemingly 15 years until yestiddy.

Ambiance: Bueno, 5/5 sombreros. Cool spot. Amazing actually how nice of a little spot this is, and I can only imagine good times there on a game day or when live music is there or whatevs.

Service: 4.8 more sombreros. Attentive and nice ladies, very attentive. Slight deduction for offering to refill my tea seemingly every 30 seconds. I was not buttchugging tea, but whatevs

Eye candy: 3/5. Quite a number of revealing outfits unfortunately many should not have been wearing them.

Bathrooms: 5/5, super clean.

Covid protocols: NR, DGAF, #vaxxedoutwithmywangout

Chopped Pork: 2.69. Dry, not a ton of flavor, meh.

Sawce: Dos/Cinco. Tried the hot and the mustard based. Hot was meh but not bad. Mustard was less meh...just not the same top quality as Maurice's.

Sweet Tea: 3/5, which is actually the highest rating possible for sweet tea. Not bad going down but a holebuncha sugar. Needed pedialyte after to rehydrate.

Jalepeno Cheese Grits: 4.8 sombreros. YUMMY. I like 'em a little thicker (TWSS) but they were MUY BUENO. More jalepenos wouldn't hurt but I understand they gotta cater to poosy gringos.

Brunswick Stew: 7 sombreros! How do you get 7 out of 5? Stack a few on top of each other. This stuff was worthy of sticking my brown dink into, buttcept it was piping hot. MAH GAWD. Loved it. I could see myself buying a gallon of this stuff, parting it out, then freezing it. Wood serve over rice. Did not do this however. Why? See next category.

Price: -69/5 sombreros. Are they helping pay Dabo's salary, funding the new oculus, or both? HORRYSHAT. Lunch + 20% tip for 4 peeps. How much? 2 of us got a meat and 2 sides. 2 got a sandwich and fries. All 4 got tea. No app, no dessert, no beer, no tshirt, no fellatio, no extras. How much you axe for lunch and tip? $77. That's how much. TRDJ valued this meal for 4 at $997.81 pesos (50 USD). They were more than 50% more than this. Criminal, F that place.

Total Ranking: 2.769 sombreros. A little more than half with a random 7 and a Gronk 69 added in. Not impressed. Good not great. If meal was priced at $55 or less, we'd be looking far closer to 4 big hats, maybe moar. Actually, wooda bought a gallon of Brunswick Stew to go then enjoyed a lot at the casa if prices were even near normal for that kinda food. But nope, F'em. We need to be more consistent in winning natty's before I'm funding statues and Datboi raises and all that shat. It's been a hot minute, BEST IS STANDARD, and 3rd place ain't that.

The end.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dont they have pulled pork, not chopped?

Apr 16, 2021, 8:50 AM

The pork sandwiches I've had there were very good.
I also go with half/half tea, b/c its obvious...
Never had the stew, usually get fried okra, the grits...

Seemed like chopped was the only option

Apr 16, 2021, 8:53 AM

although that doesn't seem right and I may have overlooked pulled.

They weren't smokinshat either. I know bbq is hard to serve on a just-in-time basis, particularly for a restaurant. Odd to not see or even smell smoke at a spot like that though. Prolly cooked the food Mon/Tues/Wed if I had to guess.

I always get the stew.

Apr 16, 2021, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Dont they have pulled pork, not chopped? ]

not that I have been in over a year. Easley has a location closer for me.

Pulled pork is what I remember, not even a chopped option, but that has been a while, still I get brisket, because I can do a great Boston Butt and ribs, but really never try brisket.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree on the Brunswick stew.

Apr 16, 2021, 8:58 AM

It's as good as any I've ever had. The last 4 or 5 years, we've gone 100% Smokin' Pig for tailgate food because RH Mom loves everything they make. pulled pork is OK, brisket is good, but the stew is what gets fought over among the RH Tig clan. I usually toss some of pulled pork in a bowl, cover with a generous heaping helping of stew for extra porkiness, and that's pretty much my standard tailgate meal at home games.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No brisket? Thought they had a good brisket in La France.***

Apr 16, 2021, 9:10 AM

They had it. And 1 guy got it.

Apr 16, 2021, 9:12 AM

He said it tasted fine but was a bit dry.

Probably got left in the crock pot too long.***

Apr 16, 2021, 9:18 AM

Or boiled it too long.***

Apr 16, 2021, 9:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

subscribed***

Apr 16, 2021, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Probably got left in the crock pot too long.*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Replies: 9
| visibility 409
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic