Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Did anyone see changes from BC to ND game in gameplan?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Did anyone see changes from BC to ND game in gameplan?

Nov 9, 2020, 7:18 PM

I don't know much about all the schemes & positioning of either the offense or defense, but what I saw over the past 2 Saturdays looked very similar. Did the coaches make any significant changes in the way we played the games strategy wise? What I saw not working against BC was still not working against ND.

I saw poor play calling that was very predictable & horrible clock management.
I saw offensive line getting blown off the ball, yet a crazy amount of attempts to rush up the middle.
I saw defensive line getting manhandled & both QB's ran around the pocket untouched for about 10 sec.
I saw linebackers missing a whole lot of tackles, plus getting drug upfield by the RB's after contact.
I saw secondary guys playing a very soft zone about 5 yards off the receivers & not being aggressive.
I saw our QB, who can throw it 70 yards, be restricted to 5-10 yard passes (1 exception).

I'm going to say "NO"--it's as if the Tigers co-ords were playing off of cue cards & be d@mmed if they were going to make any in game adjustments to counteract what the opponents were doing to us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with you 100% on this...

Nov 9, 2020, 7:34 PM

“I don't know much about all the schemes & positioning of either the offense or defense”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I agree with you 100% on this...

Nov 10, 2020, 12:19 AM

Seconded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes

Nov 9, 2020, 7:49 PM

I saw shots down the field and I saw us throw to the tight end. I thought the offensive game plan was solid enough to win. I would have liked to see a play action pass or at least an rpo on the last series in regulation but whatever. We throw an incomplete pass there and everyone complains...

Re: Yes

Nov 9, 2020, 8:39 PM

In the ND game, it was two straight run plays that ended in 3d and 14, and it was a pass play to ENT over toward the side lines where ENT ended up out of bounds, and we gave ND the ball back with 1:48 seconds left in the game, and that's all they needed to tie the game, and if we would've made a 1st down, we win the game!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, it went from bad to worse***

Nov 9, 2020, 8:05 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truly is head scratcher

Nov 10, 2020, 1:09 PM

why we did not throw it 70 yards down field more, it worked the first time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did anyone see changes from BC to ND game in gameplan?

Nov 10, 2020, 1:23 PM

I will respond to some of your assessments and then list a couple of changes I noticed.

Some play calls were exceptional while others were not (like every game everywhere), clock not managed well.
A small distinction but rarely does our OL get blown off of the ball. We just can't push DLs off the ball either.
DL had much more success against BC. Their QB was beaten up at the end of the game. Book stayed clean mostly.
Again every college football game sees missed tackles and more when the offense is better. BC had less than 10 yards rushing in the 2nd half I believe.
Secondary had 1 or maybe 2 busts but played typical bend but don't break defense that we try to use to force FGs.
We completed 2 passes that flew 50+ yards in the air. I'm not sure what you were watching.

Some other changes I noticed:
We fumbled for defensive TD in our own redzone instead of in the opponents redzone. This kept the opposing defense fresher from their score and allowed them to stop us vs ND where BC's defense was tired from the long run. That was a bad change.

We fumbled twice instead of once. That was not helpful either.

Our best players were standing on the sidelines for both games, but they had even more good players join them at ND. This was also NOT a helpful adjustment.

Our coaches didn't call the 30 yard TD run for DJ play. They only called the 1-2 yard run plays for him. Not a good change.

Instead of shutting out ND in the second half like we did against BC, our coaches called the "let them score points" plays in the 2nd half at ND. Not helpful.

If we had done all of those things differently we surely would have won!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic