Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN's Herbstreit would be 'surprised' with college football season cancellation
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,643

TNET: ESPN's Herbstreit would be 'surprised' with college football season cancellation

Jul 23, 2020, 8:01 AM

ESPN's Herbstreit would be 'surprised' with college football season cancellation

Herbstreit says college football conferences are looking to the data and hoping COVID-19 cases start going down soon. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN's Herbstreit would be 'surprised' with college football season cancellation

Jul 23, 2020, 8:09 AM

As big as college football is you would think there would be a leader or more centralized power structure. There usually is where big money is involved. Of course given this virus no one has enough answers to definitely know the best course of action

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Herbie is floatin’ on Hartwell with fun noodles and a beer***

Jul 23, 2020, 8:23 AM

Re: TNET: ESPN's Herbstreit would be 'surprised' with college football season cancellation

Jul 23, 2020, 8:31 AM

This is a confusing headline. Headline reads Herbstreit would be surprised if season was canceled. In article he says " I don't think I would be surprised if they canceled the season ". Or maybe I am the one that is confused.

Jul 23, 2020, 8:33 AM

The whole thing is a clusterf***

Who to believe, what numbers to trust, mixed messages all over the news and social media.

Makes me want that cabin, high in the mountains, far away from everyone . . . . .

So how do you decide which games get eliminated?***

Jul 23, 2020, 9:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I agree it was all over the place. Read it twice and felt

Jul 23, 2020, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN's Herbstreit would be 'surprised' with college football season cancellation ]

Drunk. Still not sure what I read

Long form of Haiku***

Jul 23, 2020, 9:41 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN's Herbstreit would be 'surprised' with college football season cancellation ]

With the break in the line I believe he was saying that he feels they may push back the start of the season, and even adjust the start date a few times, but that he'd be surprised if they canceled the season. I think he was saying he doesn't think they will play this fall, but that he'd be surprised if they canceled the season.

He says "we can't play college football this fall I don't think -- I would be surprised if they canceled." I think the -- means that he paused for a moment in the middle of saying it. Basically I read it that he was saying he doesn't think the season will be played in the fall time, but he'd be surprised if it was outright canceled.

Jul 23, 2020, 8:45 AM

I have said for a couple of months now to play the first games October 3! Practice August and September. Move the schedules back to October 3. Play 10 games. You have 11 weeks until Dec 12. Then play the bowls in late December. Play the 2 National Championship games in January. Another plus is avoiding the heat for games in September!!! Very simple and it will work!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 9:17 AM

I hope you are right and we see something on TV (having fans is out for sure). I could work BUT you're assuming the second wave will have been reduced by Oct and there won't be a third in Dec. That could only happen if people change what they are doing and continue to do so. We are seeing first hand what happened when many assumed incorrectly that the first wave was done. IDK - its fine to speculate but as much as I like Herbie I really have no interest in whether he would be surprised or not. He works for ESPN, what you think he is going to say? When you read this stuff just consider who has something to gain by the opinions they offer and you will greatly reduce the number of people you need to listen to. Enjoy the predictions, like like before a big game, but don't bet on them!

He needs to get over himself

Jul 23, 2020, 10:02 AM

does he think that if he revealed the name of the lake that everyone in the upstate would go looking for him on said lake?

Re: He needs to get over himself

Jul 23, 2020, 12:35 PM

Uh, I think he was probably speaking to a national audience who would have no idea where Lake Hartwell or Keowee was, so there was no need to name the lake. He’s comparing what’s going on around Clemson to other college areas, not how the fish are biting on Hartwell compared to the Pontchartrain!

Nice flip flop Kirk... you’ve lost all credibility with me***

Jul 23, 2020, 1:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice flip flop Kirk... you’ve lost all credibility with me***

Jul 23, 2020, 4:37 PM

So the only way a person has credibility with you is if they form an opinion and then never change that opinion no matter what?

No. But a person trying to generate fear in the media

Jul 23, 2020, 6:02 PM

Saying he thought there was no way we could have a season.....

That comment was idiotic. Now he’s back pedaling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flippity Floppity. A few weeks ago he was saying he

Jul 23, 2020, 1:20 PM

would bet on us NOT having a season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Flip flopping ain't cha Herbie?...

Jul 23, 2020, 2:35 PM

Said months ago you can't see how the season can be played.. Now you saying you'd be shocked if the season is cancelled?....

Make up your mind already...

Great job, say anything, flip flop, whatever, everybody

Jul 23, 2020, 3:36 PM

forgets anyway. This is what he said in March.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2883351-espns-kirk-herbstreit-will-be-shocked-if-nfl-college-football-play-season
2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 23, 2020, 5:06 PM

I'd be surprised if this guy ever got anything right. Some dudes just talk to hear themselves talk and one of those is Herbstreit. He's got 2 walk on sons at Clemson, right, but other than that, he's rarely right about anything. Only his butt buddy Lee Corso is wrong more than Herby.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,643
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic