Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
how much of an effect will Clemson having all the pressure
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

how much of an effect will Clemson having all the pressure

Nov 26, 2014, 7:29 PM

have Sattidy?

cause you know we do... so don't deny it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: how much of an effect will Clemson having all the pressure

Nov 26, 2014, 7:35 PM

You realize they have pressure of maintaining the streak

I disagree....

Nov 26, 2014, 7:36 PM

they're playing with house money... especially when you come in at 6-5

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

It 'll help our intensity and tenacity.

Nov 26, 2014, 7:38 PM

Tough, focused, relentless, angry...and we have a deep experienced and talented defense. All that talent will play best when the stakes are highest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i hope we are FSU-esque ready***

Nov 26, 2014, 7:39 PM

Re: i hope we are FSU-esque ready***

Nov 26, 2014, 7:41 PM

Our pressure up front will wreak havoc....and of course they will be in Thompson's grill all night. You are right , Clemson's D line will provide ALL the pressure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

there are many people on here underestimating SOS's ability

Nov 26, 2014, 7:46 PM

to gameplan

and I don't know why

I'm sure we'll see some wrinkles and they'll get a cheap one

Nov 26, 2014, 9:34 PM

But they haven't really seen a defense as good as ours all year, and the closest they did see, Florida, held them under four yards per play.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2014, 7:42 PM

Good question. I think it had a negative effect on Boyd at the end so I wonder how it's going to be Saturday. I fell the team will react better if Deshaun's at QB but Cole's had a rough year and might not handle it well. Not a Cole hater, wishing him well. Just the way I see it.
Go Tigers!!

The only player that is effected by that type of pressure

Nov 26, 2014, 7:46 PM

In football is the QB. I don't think mental pressure has a big effect on any other position.

One of many reasons I would never boo my own QB,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to agree with that... but I can tell you this...

Nov 26, 2014, 7:48 PM

the past indicated that when our coaches were tight, Tajh was tight, period. I hope the staff is lose and that it will translate.

If we get spastic on offense, it will be no bueno.

Re: I tend to agree with that... but I can tell you this...

Nov 26, 2014, 7:51 PM

I agree, hope our staff shows a confident face for the players.
Go Tigers!!

Did you see the video of Danny Ford before the Orange Bowl

Nov 26, 2014, 7:53 PM [ in reply to I tend to agree with that... but I can tell you this... ]

tell his players to play Loosey Goosey? Smart pre game advice

Re: Did you see the video of Danny Ford before the Orange Bowl

Nov 26, 2014, 7:57 PM

I love coach Ford! I think he was so excited you couldn't tell anything about his inner feelings. One of the announcers said Coach Ford was wound up tighter than a drum!
And Dabo is building a great reputation at Clemson. Look forward to watching him lead us to many, many more victories!
Go Tigers!!

Boos

Nov 26, 2014, 7:49 PM [ in reply to The only player that is effected by that type of pressure ]

Save the boos for the chickens. Might disagree with our coaching staff once in awhile but they know our players far better than any us fans do. And they know about football than I want to know--lol.
Go Tigers!!

Nov 26, 2014, 8:29 PM

Effectively managing that pressure is everything. Not doing that will result in dropped passes, turnovers, and other costly mistakes (see the FSU game from last year). Managing the pressure takes mental toughness, which is an area in which the offense needs to improve IMO. I would not expect pressure to be a problem for the defense.

I hope playing at home will help counteract some of the pressure. Confidence also offsets some of the pressure. The confidence and focus that DW has needs to rub off on some of his teammates (Mike Williams and G-Hop for example). If those two start to consistently demonstrate the confidence of DW, opposing defenses had better watch out.

As others have pointed out, the chickens have nothing to lose. I expect them to come ready to play, so it goes without saying that we need to play better.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

If Watson vs FSU and UGA are any indication... A BUNCH OF PRESSURE LOLLL***

Nov 26, 2014, 8:40 PM

=no effect***

Nov 26, 2014, 8:43 PM

At some point you just have to win despite the pressure

Nov 26, 2014, 9:41 PM

That point needs to be Sat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This resembles my remarks :-D :-O *****

Nov 26, 2014, 11:32 PM

If our fans stay focused then

Nov 26, 2014, 11:34 PM

we'll play better Saturday....at least that's what t-net tells me...

Nov 26, 2014, 11:39 PM

Hearing players the last couple days, they want this game badly. I think they come out very aggressive and physical. Especially on defense, and with Watson out there, it will light a fire under guy's. When they announce Watson, the crowd will go nuts. Can't wait!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, if the opposite of "pressure" is over confidence,

Nov 27, 2014, 12:13 AM

I hope the team feels the pressure, and I am confident they do and will respond pawsitively.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic