Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many of y'all were there with me when we wore ALL Orange
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

How many of y'all were there with me when we wore ALL Orange

Jul 5, 2014, 7:49 PM

the very first time. And I truly hate it for all y'all youngun's that missed it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many of y'all were there with me when we wore ALL Orange

Jul 5, 2014, 8:10 PM

Wasn't there. I had been discharged from service about a year, and was still in a transition to civilian life. I remember the clucker fans were coming out of the wood works, as they usually do when their team has a little success. all I heard all week long, was how george the great and the gamecocks were going to stomp Clemson. I kept telling them that I had a feeling The Tigers were going to win and win big. Naturally, that was good for a laugh out of them. When Jim Phillips made the call; that The Tigers were dressed in all orange and the crowd was going crazy, I knew without a doubt The tigers were going to roll. That's one game I truly wish I could have seen in person. It will always be my all time favorite game even though I didn't see it but listened to it on the radio.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was there..Heck of a day

Jul 5, 2014, 8:20 PM

I sat on the bank..the Tigers came out and practiced in Orange Jersey's and White pants and made the change just before running down the Hill. We needed that game against Carolina to have a winning season and probably to save Danny Ford's job..

I still remember Willie Underwood's to huge pick's that broke the Gamecocks back...

I was a Sophomore in high school...Great times

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Oh, yeah......helluva day....

Jul 5, 2014, 8:30 PM

the chickens were talking big stuff all week and the Tigers were underdogs at home....but as usual, all their clucking amounted to a big "L" and a long drive back to Loserville

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2014, 8:31 PM

Was there in the student section. Jr at the time. Most electric atmosphere ever when they showed up at the top of the hill in all orange. And, the whole game just had that surreal feel to it the whole time. Never forget it.

Jul 5, 2014, 8:34 PM

I missed the first three all orange affairs....but I listened on the radio and loved that my parents were there to celebrate!

Jul 5, 2014, 9:27 PM

It was my Sr. year......slung my rubber chicken over my head all afternoon. At halftime we were laughing and saying we better enjoy it while we can, we didn't expect to win. Bill Smith's knee was so bad he could hardly walk on Friday, Jack Cain played DB all afternoon with a leather shoulder brace that kept him from raising his arm over his head....Chicken George had obviously looked unstoppable all year....I saw a guy with a T-Shirt on that had a chicken laying an egg on it with a #38 (Rogers #)on that said "Ever seen a chicken Squat?". Just like you, I will obviously never forget it.

Jul 5, 2014, 11:57 PM

I remember getting to go into the locker room right after the game. It was just an awesome experience.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was***

Jul 5, 2014, 9:43 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep***

Jul 5, 2014, 11:42 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jul 6, 2014, 3:03 AM

We had GM tickets,cause they put the Carolina Band in our season ticket section**___ I was standing on the cement scoreboard anchor,looking over the alumininum bleachers,when Underwood--picked the interception and scored !!!! Jumped up,hit the bottom of the scoreboard and knocked myself to the asphalt,landing flat of my back !!!!!___My buddy asked if I was OK ?? ___ all I wanted to know,was did he score !!!!!!! Amazing how a Clemson touchdown & alcohol can make pain feel so good !!!!!!!!_______________GO TIGERS !!!

Those uniforms were awesome!!

Jul 6, 2014, 3:33 AM

I remember hearing about the best player they ever had until Lattimore .
It was Rogers this and Rogers that. How he was going to have 300 yards against us. That game was incredible. That's one of the best ever Tigertown was rocking.. Wasn't there a concert that night at Little John.

I remember all those coots running from me talking about turn overs and making all kinds of excuses. We really have always owned them. You can understand when they make a good play and win against us it's compared to the National Championship. They really are complimenting us.

I'd love to see us wear them this year in the playoff!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Those uniforms were awesome!!

Jul 6, 2014, 8:25 AM

yep, 2 big picks that day also

Jul 6, 2014, 7:55 AM

I was also there. What a great day for Willie Underwood and the Tigers!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2014, 8:01 AM

Not me.
I never wear all orange.
I like some purple!

First time I sat in the new upper deck. Maybe my favorite

Jul 6, 2014, 8:02 AM

DV game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2014, 8:37 AM

I was there and as always watched as the team loaded the buses. Took me a second or two to realize they had changed pants. Started spreading the word so that our section was going crazy as the buses were pulling around the stadium. That game ranks in my top three along with the '77 come back win and the National Championship game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic