Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How does Dabo deal with Carman?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

How does Dabo deal with Carman?

Dec 20, 2017, 9:43 PM

For throwing him under the bus? Definitely not a good look for coach.

I’m sure it will be fair and with class, but I’m guessing HCDS will make it a valuable ‘teaching’ moment for the young man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

???***

Dec 20, 2017, 9:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ???***

Dec 20, 2017, 9:54 PM

So, didn’t Carman tell a reporter “... Dabo said Meyer was ‘cycling out’ (sic)... and that affected his decision...”?

Now that’s being played everywhere as ‘negative recruiting’. Or am I wrong?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2017, 9:56 PM

How did dabo throw him under the bus ??? Dang you butt hurt. Cooter

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry, I see wording was ‘wrong’ in my post.

Dec 20, 2017, 9:58 PM

I mean Carman threw Dabo under the bus...

...hth?

calling someone with more points and a higher pulse a coot

Dec 21, 2017, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: ???*** ]

is probably the worst look possible on Tigernet

Dec 20, 2017, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: ???*** ]

Your wrong.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2017, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: ???*** ]

Ur wrong. The college football live guys laughed it off as being nothing, why are making a big deal of it?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't think it was either until

Dec 20, 2017, 10:02 PM

I saw it on espn.com front page and yahoo.com. both headlines sounded bad on Dabo. I still don't know the circumstances in which Carman said that. was he led down that path or did he bring it up? either way I definitely don't think he "threw Dabo under the bus"

OK, I’ll accept the tnet ‘consensus’ is Carman didn’t

Dec 20, 2017, 10:20 PM

throw Dabo under the bus.

But I will also add, in my ‘previous line of work and the company I kept’, we would disagree. Thus the basis of my characterization.

Like I said, I’m sure Dabo handles this with class, but I’m willing to bet he isn’t thrilled with being asked whether he said something ‘with a negative connotation about a fellow coach’.

Re: OK, I’ll accept the tnet ‘consensus’ is Carman didn’t

Dec 21, 2017, 12:04 PM

He can deal with it. Jackson has a freedom of speech and what he said was how he felt. If Dabo said such, well then.

Dabo is much harsher than he leads. He is a football genius

Re: OK, I’ll accept the tnet ‘consensus’ is Carman didn’t

Dec 21, 2017, 12:07 PM

also who gives a rats ### what the Tnet consensus is?

Oh I know, a tribalistic bafoon trying to shed his influence

“How should he handle Carmen?”
You don’t sound racist, at all.

Idiotic poast

ESPN hates Clemson.***

Dec 20, 2017, 11:11 PM [ in reply to I didn't think it was either until ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: How does Dabo deal with Carman?

Dec 20, 2017, 9:57 PM

It doesn't really matter,"negative recruiting" obviously isn't affecting kids going to Clemson

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you deal with being a coot?

Dec 20, 2017, 9:58 PM

Must be tough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...being a coot???

Dec 20, 2017, 10:06 PM

now that’s almost funny.

??

Re: ...being a coot???

Dec 20, 2017, 10:22 PM

Okay okay I kid I kid Uncle Bill. Seriously though I think negative recruiting works both ways. Lord knows schools have been bad mouthing us forever. So if CDS fires a couple of shots back across the bow I have no problem with it. And the fact that he kicks their #### on the field doesn’t hurt either ??

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you deal with being a coot?

Dec 20, 2017, 10:08 PM [ in reply to How do you deal with being a coot? ]

What's tough, is hearing about negative recruiting when coaches have been negative recruiting Clemson for ever, and if I'm not mistaken, Urban negative recruited Clemson not that long ago!!! I assure everyone that BV was used as a negative recruiting tool just a few weeks ago....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I reckon ol' Urban is hating he put Clemson down wit Spiller

Dec 20, 2017, 10:10 PM

and others now.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: I reckon ol' Urban is hating he put Clemson down wit Spiller

Dec 20, 2017, 10:15 PM

I may be wearing my Orange glasses. But i sont see the big deal. We dont know what was said. The kid could have asked "Will you be at Clemson longer that Meyer is at OSU?" And Dabo could have said "I feel like im just getting started here and have no intentions of leaving. As for Urban who knows? He has titles and has accomplished most of if not all of his goals. And he has already retired once." I mean that would be an honest answer not negative recruiting.

Exactly

Dec 20, 2017, 10:24 PM

It's like libel or defamation law... if it's the truth, then it is what it is. Urban did suddenly quit FL. That's fair game. And Dabo (and BV) both have kids on the team that prove their desire to stay put.

That said, nobody in a sales role ever leads with negative stuff about the competition. You want to establish your brand and the benefits of your product. But you better believe if the client gives a clear opening to drop a zinger on a competitor, 100% of the people on this planet will jump all over it in a skinny minute.

I read one take on the situation that ended with "if Dabo wanted to negative recruit, he could've just pointed to the box score from last year's Fiesta Bowl. Boomshakalaka.

Yeah, now this is a very good point . . .

Dec 21, 2017, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: I reckon ol' Urban is hating he put Clemson down wit Spiller ]

I agree, and that's a great point. An answer like that is much more benign than the narrative that's playing out. I don't know which one it was, I tend to believe it was negative recruiting, but you could be right.

In the end, though, if Dabo doesn't want stuff like this coming out, he ought just answer for the things he can answer for, and not other stuff. He's always said he likes to sell the positives of Clemson and not the negatives of others. The basic answer to such a question is that Dabo can't speak for how long Meyer will be at OSU. What kind of stupid questions do these kids ask anyway? Having a concern for the coach's tenure is an entirely valid concern, and it's fine to ask the coach recruiting you, but why would anyone ask Dabo to address the possible tenure of another coach? Makes no sense.

I can't even see why an 18 year old would ask that. I can see why he'd wonder, but not why he'd expect one to be able to answer for another.

nothing. he’s a good dude who answered honestly

Dec 20, 2017, 10:22 PM

####, urban told jc to look at caldwells age. dabo did nothing wrong with telling the kid the truth. and the kid answered with no b.s.

people call it negative recruiting - i call it gaining an edge.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Dec 20, 2017, 10:34 PM

Tell me how this is any different from other coaches telling our recruiters that Dabo will leave and go to bama.

Dec 21, 2017, 1:59 AM

Also that BV would soon be taking a HC job. Like I said, all of the schools negative recruit against Clemson, and I say screw them all to H&ll, and fk them if they can't deal with it being thrown back in their face bc when they dish it it out, expect it to come back sooner or later!!!

Dec 20, 2017, 11:22 PM

I don't see it being a big deal. I don't think Dabo will as well. Heck, Dabo might be the one who sends Urban on that twigh light train called retirement.

Nobody in the state of Ohio wants to meet up with Clemson anytime soon. Urban included.

Dec 20, 2017, 11:28 PM

Willing to bet Urbane did some negative recruiting against Dabo to get R McMillian.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Urban Meyer said we don't send OLs to the NFL

Dec 21, 2017, 12:13 AM

So he didn't need to go to Clemson. It all evens out

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Dabo is not going to begrudge the guy for telling the truth.

Dec 21, 2017, 3:09 AM

Carmen didn't say anything that Dabo didn't deny saying. Moving on.
GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 21, 2017, 5:24 AM

I live in Ohio and live near Columbus and most of OSU fans are upset by the comments, but mostly because they lost him. I told people the whole time since we first got in on him that we had a shot. His comments were making me believe he wanted to go out of state. However, I thought he was going to USC.
All that being said, does anyone believe that Urban or one of his staff didn't play the " when Saban retires" card to Carman.
Side thought on that though, it was important to Carman that his head coach would be the same each year. That means Dabo must have assured him that he has no desire to leave for Bama.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who put the "L" in BrowneLL

Dec 21, 2017, 7:04 AM

I'll put this out there. THere is no such thing as "negative" recruiting or "positive" recruiting. It's recruiting. It's fair to point out the good and the bad of the schools after a certain recruit. Every coach does it, it's not against the rules or unethical. Time to move on, it's nothing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2017, 12:14 PM

He gives him a huge hug, they both laugh and simultaneously say, “f&&k those Buckeyes!”

Very simple - this is entirely on Dabo . . .

Dec 21, 2017, 12:28 PM

Dabo does not have to deal w/ Carman at all. Dabo should (and probably does) know full well that the risk of stuff being indiscriminately broadcast by members of the college-age generation are markedly high, and thus, put simply, if he'd prefer it not come out, he ought not say it. Regardless of one's opinion on the propriety of the remarks, Dabo has to remember that if he says it, it could end up on Twitter, facebook, etc. He should simply draw the line there - either don't say it or don't hem and haw when it comes out.

Now, I don't wan't to overplay this, b/c the Meyer comment (assuming it happened) wasn't the worst thing in the world - and I know that and worse are done routinely by others. So, it's not a huge deal, but I think it was sort of bush league and unnecessary, and frankly, I don't believe for a second that it affected Carman one bit. What does "back-half of his career" imply, anyway? That he "only" may have 12-15 years left or something? What kind of a risk is it for a recruit that a coach my retire 8 years after the recruit graduates? C'mon! It just seems a bit manipulative and juvenile. If you're talking about a real geezer who reasonably could retire any moment without surprising anyone, then of course it's a legitimate consideration, and a rival coaching highlighting that for consideration is entirely above board. But a 53 year-old who's been at OSU for a half dozen years doesn't exactly have one foot in the grave. Dabo was being a bit lame there.

Re: Very simple - this is entirely on Dabo . . .

Dec 22, 2017, 12:05 PM

Urban don’t start winning and he may call it quits

Urban negatively recruited against us

Dec 22, 2017, 12:25 PM

I'm sure Dabo wanted to make sure everyone knew he flexed nuts. That's why he came out and said what he said about the B1G and Ohio State last year being "in trouble" against us. If Urban wanted a war, he got one.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic