Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How did KB benefit by quitting after the 4th game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

How did KB benefit by quitting after the 4th game?

Aug 8, 2019, 1:50 PM

I’m not sure who his advisors were but if he had stayed on the team but chose not to play he would have ben able to get coaching from the best coaching staff in college football for the remainder of the year. I dont see any angle which he benefited by leaving early.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How did KB benefit by quitting after the 4th game?

Aug 8, 2019, 1:53 PM

To be fair he would've gone in during Syracuse the 5th week and then remained back up all year after.

Aug 8, 2019, 1:57 PM

Yeah what dabo said about not playing him sounded good but that would have gone by the boards in a hurry

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting to think about

Aug 8, 2019, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Re: How did KB benefit by quitting after the 4th game? ]

I was hoping he would stay with the goal of redshirting, but continue to practice and be ready if a situation arose that warranted his burning his last year of eligibility to help the team.

Would he have agreed to enter the game against Syracuse, or would he have quit on the spot?
If he had gone in, would he have performed better than Chase Brice did? Would we have won the game?
And assuming he had played and won, would we have then had a nagging qb controversy for the remainder of the season?

To OP, I agree that he gained nothing by quitting when he did, other than to save himself from potentially being put into a difficult situation like Syracuse, a potential Catch-22 circumstance.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2019, 2:10 PM [ in reply to Re: How did KB benefit by quitting after the 4th game? ]

I understand what you're saying but, I don't think Dabo would have let that happen bc they had already determined that TL was going to be the starter from then on. I think that Dabo would have went with Brice in the Cuse game regardless of the outcome. They wouldn't have wasted KB's chance as a 5th Year transfer for another season just for that one game. I think they had faith in Chase's ability to win, and if he didn't, they felt we would still get in playoffs with just the one loss that early in the season, and I think we would have also bc, we beat everybody from that point on by 20 + points... I honestly don't think Dabo would have played KB in that game....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to say it but in hindsight Clemson is who benefitted.

Aug 8, 2019, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Re: How did KB benefit by quitting after the 4th game? ]

He would’ve been pulled into Syracuse as you say and then qb controversy would’ve continued and theoretically the locker room is split.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2019, 4:32 PM [ in reply to Re: How did KB benefit by quitting after the 4th game? ]

How? if he had announced he planned to redshirt and transfer, he'd have likely been in plain clothes on the sidelines at the game.

and could have very possibly lost that game.

Aug 8, 2019, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: How did KB benefit by quitting after the 4th game? ]

Glad Brice came in and played well.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't he keep his eligibility by only playing 4 games?***

Aug 8, 2019, 1:56 PM

Re: Doesn't he keep his eligibility by only playing 4 games?***

Aug 8, 2019, 1:57 PM

Yes

Re: Doesn't he keep his eligibility by only playing 4 games?***

Aug 8, 2019, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Doesn't he keep his eligibility by only playing 4 games?*** ]

He had already played in 4 games with the GT game, the Cuse game would have been game #5, and playing in that game would have killed his chances as a 5th year senior!!! The end of last season would have been all the eligibility he would have had, it would have been the end of KB's college FB career, and that is the reason that I say that Dabo wouldn't have done that to him plus, KB would have most likely refused to play unless they had promised him the starting job from that point through the rest of the season!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 8, 2019, 2:09 PM

If he stayed on our team, Mizzou would get a player just as fresh ( from the previous season ) as any other. As it stands, KB is as rusty as a player who was injured early last season and didn't play again.

Aug 8, 2019, 2:15 PM

WHAT???

That isn't true

Aug 8, 2019, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: How did KB benefit by quitting after the 4th game? ]

If he stayed hed be done with college football right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: That isn't true

Aug 8, 2019, 6:12 PM

No, if he had PLAYED, he would have... Stayed and didn't play and just had himself available to help with what he sees on the field to help his teammates until he transfers, still eligible.

He wanted a better chance to start 12 more games

Aug 8, 2019, 2:17 PM

Instead of a low chance of playing mop up duty in 8 more games.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: He wanted a better chance to start 12 more games

Aug 8, 2019, 3:13 PM

Omg, here it goes again with KB. Who cares??? Is this like some kind of contagious, flesh eating virus? Listening to sports radio about a half hour ago, and they utterly trashed and ridiculed the idea of him getting a ring. Good for them! Most nonsensical idea floated in along time.

Aug 8, 2019, 3:21 PM

If he had made his intentions clear that he was no longer going to be a part of the team I don’t know that Dabo would have allowed him to stay on those conditions. As soon as Dabo told him Trevor wS going to start the next game Kelly has already went into he was treated unfairly and trashing the coaches

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 8, 2019, 3:21 PM

If he had made his intentions clear that he was no longer going to be a part of the team I don’t know that Dabo would have allowed him to stay on those conditions. As soon as Dabo told him Trevor wS going to start the next game Kelly has already went into he was treated unfairly and trashing the coaches

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 8, 2019, 3:50 PM

Dabo would have let him stay bc Dabo is the one that talked to KB about his eligibility if he chose to play past the GT game bc they were going to start TL....

Sorry but the answer to this is really obvious

Aug 8, 2019, 5:11 PM

At Missouri he gets to start while at Clemson he would be relegated to mop up duty. And that really benefits nobody at all. We want Brice and Puma getting garbage time reps, not a 5th year SR.

Aug 8, 2019, 5:23 PM

You said it all in that one word......quit.....which tells me he was not about the TEAM first.....he was about KB first.....and that is how I will always remember him.....Hunter Johnson did it the right way and was no quitter......I will always pull for Hunter ......Go Tigers!!!!

Aug 8, 2019, 6:41 PM

He benefited by not having a ring on his finger now and having to carry around all that extra weight.

If he had his mind made up not to play to save his final

Aug 8, 2019, 6:40 PM

year of eligibility, then him staying around the team would have not benefited anyone. Teams are made up of human beings, and there for sure would have been growing resentment against him for putting self above team. So, from that aspect, him leaving was the best thing he could do.

I personally do not think he is NFL caliber material, so it will be interesting to see how he plans to improve that stock in Missouri. To those who disagree, look no further than our own Tajh Boyd, who had immensely more arm talent than KB, and was also a hard nosed runner. Yet, he could not make it in the league. I do not believe any NFL team will draft KB as a QB. His only shot would be to pull a Terrelle Pryor, and try to make it as a wide receiver. This is also a long shot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic