Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Schedule/Lack of attendance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 2,610

ACC Schedule/Lack of attendance

Jan 25, 2016, 10:07 PM

I see a direct connection with the late release of the schedules and attendance.A lot of people work weekends and have to put in for days off.If vacations are drawn at the end of the year for the next year, there is no way of knowing which Saturdays will fall on home games, thus making it hard to purchase season or even single game tickets not knowing if you could get off. I know this probaly only affects a small percentage of people, but i would imagine a couple of thousand are affected each year.I work 2 weekends a month and off 2.So I try to guess when a good game will be. I can't put in for every Saturday in the fall as you only are given a few choices in the vacation lottery and i have other important days not related to football that i need(I actually know the dates to these and it makes it easy!) This is the sole reason I don't buy season tickets and know of several others feel the same way..So when you seen a lot of aluminum up in the stands in some of these ACC games, just remember, those people made other plans thanks to Swofford

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see a lack of attendance in the ACC because

Jan 25, 2016, 10:08 PM

ACC

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I see a lack of attendance in the ACC because

Jan 25, 2016, 10:12 PM

Agreed. Yall can say what you want about the SEC, but they fill up their stadiums. Even Kentucky and Vandy fill up their stadiums now. The poor old sucking coots even fill up their stinking dumpster.

Re: I see a lack of attendance in the ACC because

Jan 25, 2016, 10:13 PM [ in reply to I see a lack of attendance in the ACC because ]

Not to imagine people trying to schedule a vacation or get married. When you see all these"I can't believe he got married on the Clemson vs FSU weekend"...this is the reason why..he didn't know the dang schedule when he proposed in november or december!

lesson here:

Jan 25, 2016, 10:18 PM

Wait until Valentine's Day to propose.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

hate to break it to you.. but empty seats when Clemson

Jan 25, 2016, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I see a lack of attendance in the ACC because ]

plays WF at home isn't due to "marriage or vacation"...

and if it is, it's b/c people looked at the schedule and said.... "that's WF weekend, that would be a good one to miss to go to the beach"

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: ACC Schedule/Lack of attendance

Jan 25, 2016, 10:19 PM

Are we going to start this BS again? It doesn't matter how many fans attend a game at wake forest or at Kentucky, they have zero effect on Clemson!!!!! The only thing that matters is what Clemson does, not anyone else.

Also what % of fans who attend a college football game have to turn in for vacation 9 months in advance? .001% maybe!!!

Jan 25, 2016, 10:27 PM

Blue collar people do, the people that work weekends like medical,police,rescue,factory.Not everyone works behind a desk mon-friday. the number is bigger than you think.Vacations are drawn at the end of the last year for most folks.Now i have to figure in Fridays along with Thurdays when "guessing" at the drawing at the end of december

Jan 25, 2016, 10:32 PM

Clemson will not be playing Friday night home games DRAD addressed this last year, this is only for the northeast schools who were in the bigeast.

link to where it was said home games were only for those

Jan 25, 2016, 10:33 PM

northeast schools that were in the bigeast

Re: link to where it was said home games were only for those

Jan 25, 2016, 10:35 PM

He did say that. Problem is that in a year or two, he will change his mind.

Re: link to where it was said home games were only for those

Jan 25, 2016, 10:39 PM [ in reply to link to where it was said home games were only for those ]

Yorktiger if you don't believe me go to Google and type in a search for yourself, because I'm not doing it for you. I read the interview on this site and more than likely you did to, but it's more fun to ##### about the thought of a Friday night game than to live in reality!

ok... show me where in this article anyone says

Jan 25, 2016, 10:41 PM

that Friday night games would be limited to "northeast schools that were once in the bigeast"

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Could-Clemson-play-Death-Valley-Friday-night-Swofford-DRad-13894&nextbox=1

Re: ok... show me where in this article anyone says

Jan 26, 2016, 12:09 AM

Yorktiger what I saw was a video interview were he was asked the question from at least 10 different reporters. Each time he stated Clemson wasn't under any contractual obligation to play Friday night football games. During some of his answers he stated this was brought into play, because of the former Big East schools now in the conference and the fact they didn't of an issue with Friday night games.

So I ask you yorktiger why would clemson Play Friday night football games if they're under No Contractual Oblong to do so? It would cause the cancelation of Friday classes, disrupt the normal campus and city routine, anger the fan base, and cause a decrease in revenue. So why would they do it? They are required to do a Thursday game during the duration of their current contract. So in order for there to be a Friday game clemson would have to agree to do it.

But you keep on stating clemson will have to play a Friday night home game, just like you stated Clemson had to move to the Big XII to compete with the SEC schools.

How about you show the post where york_tiger EVER stated

Jan 26, 2016, 12:17 AM

that Clemson would have to play a Friday night home game.

I'll wait while you look.

Pretty sure I'll be in in my seats as long as it's not Friday.***

Jan 25, 2016, 10:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 2,610
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic