Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hood's article suggests it is common knowledge that the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 3,989

Hood's article suggests it is common knowledge that the

Dec 8, 2014, 5:38 PM

final ranking process was rigged by bowls and conferences that had an agenda. I absolutely agree and have been crying this in the wilderness for the last 28 hours.

My worst fears have been confirmed and that is that the current process is corrupt already. It is not corrupt that the Orange wants a team that will travel better, or that the Cotton wants Michigan State. It is hugely corrupt for the rankings to be gerrymandered like they were behind closed doors to create a ranking in which these bowls and conferences could do that. They should not be able to adjust the rankings after the fact to suit a scenario they would prefer. The rankings, prior to Saturday, would not allow their scenario, so they just switched teams around in the rankings so the scenario could take place. They switched teams with no justification. In fact the events leading up to the ranking would suggest that Mich State would be even more highly regarded than they were. That is not fair to all the teams and bowls affected. And there are a lot of bowls beginning with the Citrus that gets unranked Minnesota instead of 17th ranked Clemson.

What happened yesterday is the very example of corruption.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hood's article suggests it is common knowledge that the

Dec 8, 2014, 5:44 PM

Look, it is really not that big of a deal. If Clemson had been within a couple of spots of GaTech, we would have jumped them and been in Orange Bowl.

Dec 8, 2014, 6:09 PM

Then you don't know how all this works.

Even in that scenario we would want GT in the Citrus because of a bigger payout. CLEMSON lost money on this corrupt new system. Had nothing to do with losing to GT.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2014, 5:46 PM

And Ive been calling you a coot for the last 28 hours but #### Im starting to see how right you are in this matter

I didn't even bother to answer you because I figured you

Dec 8, 2014, 6:10 PM

could check my post history and see that I wasn't. A coot might get a little kick out of something like this, but they would never get as irate as I was the minute I saw what went down. A coot might enjoy this, but they are going to lay low for a while. They has their ##### handed to them nine days ago and it wasn't even close. They have a 42-66-4 record vs Clemson, have lost 11 of the last 18 to us, and have had two hall of fame coaches (Spurrier and Holtz) that are a combined 7-9 against us while in Columbia. They will lay low on this. What could they come over here and possible say after getting their ### beat 35-17. When a Tiger (Clemson fan) is irritated with a lion (Playoff committee) a chicken doesn't run up and get in the middle and start to cackle.

Re: I didn't even bother to answer you because I figured you

Dec 8, 2014, 6:34 PM

Yes sir, I'm with you all the way on this! We both know that it's that worldwide evil conspiracy whose sole agenda is to deprive Clemson University athletics of their fair share of ___________ (fill in the blank). I'm sure the NCAA, playoff committee, ESPN, Disney, ABC, the Sisters of St. Agnes, and of course, the very evil SEC have schemed and plotted for a whole year in order to screw Clemson over in every possible way, right?

First of alL your pulse is tellng. It is not a conspiracy

Dec 8, 2014, 6:42 PM

against Clemson. We are just collateral damage. The corruption was to rig the rankings where Miss State and Mich State could go to certain bowls their two leagues preferred. That's what they did. We were just an innocent bystander. The point is what they did was wrong, no matter who it damaged. It damaged Clemson and that is all I'm concerned with.

35-17 and oh, if you're looking for your high five, you can scrape what's left of it off of the bottom of Artavis Scott's right foot cleat.

Motor City Bengal is stupid enough to live in that armpit of a city -Detroit

Dec 8, 2014, 8:31 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn't even bother to answer you because I figured you ]

That says all I need to know about his intelligence

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't even bother to answer you because I figured you

Dec 8, 2014, 9:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I didn't even bother to answer you because I figured you ]

Hey MCB are you Happy Happy Happy to play in the Barely Eligible Bowl and get beat by another true freshman? Yikes 6-7 !!!

SEC and B1G screwed everybody else to enrich themselves

Dec 8, 2014, 5:58 PM

It does seem awfully unfair, especially considering how much more money the Citrus pays out than the Russell. And good luck getting fans in Orlando to show up for a Missouri/ Minnesota matchup.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The B1G lost ~$19 million by the flip in rankings-- if

Dec 9, 2014, 11:37 AM

they were in cahoots then it was a trade-off to get OSU in the playoffs

at the end of the day, all you have to do is win

Dec 8, 2014, 6:18 PM

is the CFB Playoff completely rigged and BS? Yes.
was the BCS just as rigged? Yes.
will this ever change? No.

Only way to beat the media's agenda is to win. Just ask Jameis & co.

We shouldn't have lost to GT and had FSU beat. Shoulda coulda and wouldas mean you go to the Russell Athletic Bowl. I can't go b/c of work, so I'll be screaming bloody murder at some TV wherever I am regardless of who's QB.

And they are counting on shrugged shoulders and responses

Dec 8, 2014, 6:43 PM

like this.

Obviously winning isn't enough....

Dec 8, 2014, 8:04 PM [ in reply to at the end of the day, all you have to do is win ]

If we were in FSU's position we'd be pissed.

Ask jameis and company what? How to be the only undefeated team to ever not be ranked #1?

It's a complete and utter screw job .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I wouldn't be that upset if I was an FSU fan. All that

Dec 8, 2014, 9:01 PM

matters is that you are in the top 4. They will get a chance to prove they are the number 1 team.

I don't think FSU is the only undefeated team not to be #1.

Dec 8, 2014, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Obviously winning isn't enough.... ]

Hasn't been that many years ago, Auburn was 12-0 and ranked 3rd, and I think #2 had a loss. But I am not saying FSU shouldn't have been ranked #1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think FSU is the only undefeated team not to be #1.

Dec 9, 2014, 10:19 AM

> Hasn't been that many years ago, Auburn was 12-0 and
> ranked 3rd, and I think #2 had a loss. But I am not
> saying FSU shouldn't have been ranked #1.

Nah. 2004. There were three undefeated teams. Southern Cal and Oklahoma were both unbeaten that year too. Men of Troy absolutely jacked Oklahoma in the title game, though. Don't think it mattered much. Nobody was beating Southern Cal that year...well, except the NCAA. They vacated Southern Cal's title later because it turned out some of their players were taking pay cuts when they went into the NFL.

Re: I don't think FSU is the only undefeated team not to be #1.

Dec 9, 2014, 10:27 AM

Oklahoma , usc, and auburn were all undefeated.

Yep, only time in history #1's been left out

If that doesn't scream FLAW idk what does

Obviously winning isn't enough....

Dec 8, 2014, 8:04 PM [ in reply to at the end of the day, all you have to do is win ]

If we were in FSU's position we'd be pissed.

Ask jameis and company what? How to be the only undefeated team to ever not be ranked #1?

It's a complete and utter screw job .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Most years I might care. Knowing that DW4 is probably not

Dec 8, 2014, 6:19 PM

going to play, I really don't care. I have seen quite enough of our offense without Watson running it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree, with Stoudt it's irrelevant, cause our offense is

Dec 8, 2014, 6:25 PM

ugly to watch with him at QB.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They count on responses like yours and take that into

Dec 8, 2014, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Most years I might care. Knowing that DW4 is probably not ]

account before.

You dont want to hear this, but if we were going to

Dec 8, 2014, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Most years I might care. Knowing that DW4 is probably not ]

the Orange Bowl, DW4 would play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2014, 8:23 PM

1 thing that's being over looked
teams no longer get credit for a Win
it's now more about the margin
just look at FSU defending NCAA Champs
13-0 season ranked #3
no I do not like FSU but until someone
beats them they should be #1

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2014, 8:27 PM

it's what they used to say about alabama when they played like crap

"well they are #1 until someone knocks them off"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They always were, too.***

Dec 8, 2014, 9:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 3,989
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic