Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honest post here guys: Whats really more important?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Honest post here guys: Whats really more important?

Nov 12, 2013, 3:31 PM

Clemson football or jobs/kids/family/freezing weather? If you had to think about it then you are not a TRUE fan. Quit your job, get your kids a baby sitter or make them drop out of school and pack extra blankets because you need to get your butt in your seat and be loud. We can't have a bad crowd on Natty TV and this game will be a tough one so lets be there and pack DV.

Yes this was sarcastic but for real, quit your job and come.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See - I'm from the upstate, but live in Charleston now

Nov 12, 2013, 3:39 PM

I'll be home for Thanksgiving and I'll be home for The Citadel game. Those alone require me to burn 2 vacation days and almost 1k miles of driving combined. For me to make it to GT, I'd have to burn two more vacation days, and add another 500 miles of driving. That would be three weeks in a row I'd spend on I-26. I love Clemson football - love it. And I'd love to see Paul Johnson cry. I have no kids and I love the cold. But I can't physically make that trip 3 weeks in a row, as well as spend nearly a week of vacation in half a month. Surely Clemson understands. I'll be there in spirit.

Yep, some people on these boards don't understand

Nov 12, 2013, 3:42 PM

that people have lives and prior engagements other than Clemson football during the week. We need not to blame you and the others who cannot attend, but blame TV and the ACC for forcing this crap fest on us. Oh well, scream at your TV loudly and maybe we can hear it haha.

choosing citadel game over GT game?***

Nov 12, 2013, 3:47 PM [ in reply to See - I'm from the upstate, but live in Charleston now ]

Kinda - choosing senior's last game at home over GT.

Nov 12, 2013, 4:04 PM

Plus, the chance of a flyover. I'm a total aviation dork.

I get the having to work issue however

Nov 12, 2013, 3:41 PM

This game was announced about 4 months ago. Plan ahead and either use vacation hours to sell your tickets to people that can go or give them away.

No reason we should only have 60,000 for a Thursday night nationally televised game.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or****

Nov 12, 2013, 3:42 PM

There will be significantly more than 60,000 in attendance***

Nov 12, 2013, 3:45 PM [ in reply to I get the having to work issue however ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

i might be out of line for saying this

Nov 12, 2013, 3:49 PM [ in reply to I get the having to work issue however ]

but when i was stationed at Camp Lejeune then Parris Island from '04 to '09 i went to about 3 games a year, not including trips to Raleigh and Chapel Hill and UVa a couple of times if i had weekends off. Other than that, my other 13 years in the Corps has had me thousands of miles away from Tiger football including Afghanistan and Iraq twice during the entire seasons. My hope is that Tiger fans decide to be a little tired at work on Friday, maybe use a day of leave if necessary, find a sitter, push through the inconvenience one time and make DV an absolute miserable SOB of a place for GT from kickoff to zeroes on the clock. I'd do anything I could to make it back there for the game if it were possible. However many we get in there i hope they start an earthquake in DV. Deal with the fatigue on Friday and the ringing ears and overall sluggishness....i know folks have kids, etc. but those that can go i hope they find a way TO do it instead of finding a way NOT to do it. When we're old and gray and can't go anymore, crazy, inconvenient things we've done out of passion for what we love are some of the memories we take with us to the grave.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well said***

Nov 12, 2013, 3:53 PM

Amen brother and semper fi

Nov 12, 2013, 3:59 PM [ in reply to i might be out of line for saying this ]

I will drive my ol wrinkly hind parts to the game and as far back as i can towards home after. Get up and drive into work an hour late.

Sleep when you are dead because that is going to be for a long, long time!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you and me are cut from the same cloth

Nov 12, 2013, 4:14 PM

life is about memories....and those are made, often times, when times are miserable, hard, inconvenient, etc....i have a life's worth of them from 16 years spent in the Crotch, trust me....and i wouldn't trade them for the world. If i was home, i'd be burning up the interstate getting up to DV every week and road games as well. I get the wife and kids thing but i'm the type that cannot marry someone who isn't into pro and college sports so i've got that one covered too....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang Skippy!***

Nov 12, 2013, 3:44 PM

Dang Skippy!

Nov 12, 2013, 3:48 PM

I drive down from NC for every home game. I don't miss games. I cant wait for home games, heck it seems like forever since we played at home. Not Sleet nor rain nor snow or the cold can keep me from this one. Man I love my TIGERS!!!

You guys make me feel bad.

Nov 12, 2013, 4:18 PM

When I lived back home, I don't think I ever missed one. And in the decade I've lived in Charleston, I average about 5 a year, usually only missing the smallest one. If it was any other time, other than right before the holidays, I'd be there. Trust me guys, I'm not happy about it. This Thursday game stuff has got to go. If I liked Thursday games, I'd be an NC State fan.

Dont y'all wish y'all were students?

Nov 12, 2013, 3:49 PM

I get to go Thursday night. *snicker snicker* ;)

I have very little money due to school, but if any of you

Nov 12, 2013, 3:50 PM

wanna fund my trip, I'd be delighted to go.... ;)

Tickets will be free at corner of Littlejohn and Valley

Nov 12, 2013, 4:00 PM

Havent you heard. Nobody is coming.

What!? Is this some kind of trickeration?***

Nov 12, 2013, 4:01 PM

never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever,

Nov 12, 2013, 4:12 PM

ever say "natty TV" again. you are warned.

FAT TAX NOW!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic