Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Met a Clemson Legend at Pinehurst
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Met a Clemson Legend at Pinehurst

Nov 5, 2020, 8:39 AM
Buddy Gore.jpg(120.0 K)

I spent a few days playing golf in Pinehurst this week and while heading to the tee box a Mid Pines the other morning a man stopped me to talk because I was wearing a Clemson hat. He was as well and as we got to talking he mentioned that he played football in the 60's. Turned out to be Buddy Gore and it was a thrill to meet him and get a photo with him. Great guy and he was very gracious to spend some time talking with me.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Met a Clemson Legend at Pinehurst

Nov 5, 2020, 8:42 AM

Is that you Spud? ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Josh, I think Buddy outdid you with his cap since purple & says it ALL!

Nov 5, 2020, 8:56 AM

Ha..but thank you for that super happy-looking photo of two special (rich and/or privileged golfing) Tigers.

I saw Buddy in person run the ball and he was prolific, especially vs Gamecocks in 1966 at DV..but my memory says he had real dark hair back then.

Was yours? LOL 2000Alum!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Josh, I think Buddy outdid you with his cap since purple & says it ALL!

Nov 5, 2020, 9:03 AM

I had dark hair at one point too. ?? But I was not there in ‘66 for that game. My dad was, however.

Nov 5, 2020, 10:46 AM

I met Buddy about 10 years ago here in Myrtle Beach where he lives and my first thought was thats one big dude to be playing RB back in the 60s.Never saw him play but I'm sure he looked like Jim Brown out on the field.

Nov 6, 2020, 2:41 PM

Actually he wasn't huge Was a football manager while he was there. He could hide in the I-formation behind Bo Ruffner at fullback. But then again, Howard's fullbacks were usually bigger than the tackles. As I remember Buddy was a little short of 200 pounds but hey that was 60 years ago...looked it up he was 187 as a senior but then again our o-line averaged 235 and we had the biggest line in the acc.

Nov 6, 2020, 8:32 PM

was there for that '66 game.speaking of size,i believe wayne mass(great name for an OT) was an all-american at 240lbs.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 6, 2020, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey Josh, I think Buddy outdid you with his cap since purple & says it ALL! ]

Actually he wasn't huge Was a football manager while he was there. He could hide in the I-formation behind Bo Ruffner at fullback. But then again, Howard's fullbacks were usually bigger than the tackles. As I remember Buddy was a little short of 200 pounds but hey that was 60 years ago...looked it up he was 187 as a senior but then again our o-line averaged 235 and we had the biggest line in the acc.

Nov 6, 2020, 8:38 PM [ in reply to Hey Josh, I think Buddy outdid you with his cap since purple & says it ALL! ]

didn't most of us have more and darker hair back then?still wouldn't trade the 50's and 60's for anything.what a great time it was to be a student!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Nov 5, 2020, 9:33 AM

What did Buddy do after Clemson? I don't recall that he tried pro ball

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 10:00 AM

He sold insurance in the Conway-Myrtle Beach area. Don't know if he still does. Lives in Murrells Inlet. He could flat out run with the football. Frank Howard almost ran him to death.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 4:40 PM

He must have done a lot right after Clemson. He lives in DeBordieu, pretty exclusive colony in Georgetown County.

Nov 6, 2020, 8:35 PM

do believe he was involved in insurance and or real estate after CU.

null

Nov 5, 2020, 10:06 AM

Buddy started and finished at Clemson the same time I did and I had a few classes with him. He was a real stud ..... long stringy type muscles, pretty thick neck, and just built like a thoroughbred runner.I really enjoyed watching him play during his Clemson years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell me more

Nov 5, 2020, 12:56 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Re: Tell me more

Nov 7, 2020, 12:17 AM

Why don't you email him if you are that interested. I am sure he would love to meet you.

Was he girthy?***

Nov 5, 2020, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Met a Clemson Legend at Pinehurst ]

Can you tell me a little bit about his quads? Were they

Nov 5, 2020, 1:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Met a Clemson Legend at Pinehurst ]

sharp and cut or more rounded and natural? I love a natural athlete and the way their body looks and makes me burn in my nether regions.

Re: Can you tell me a little bit about his quads? Were they

Nov 5, 2020, 2:39 PM

you made me choke a little with laughter there... Nether Regions? HILARITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Can you tell me a little bit about his quads? Were they

Nov 7, 2020, 12:20 AM [ in reply to Can you tell me a little bit about his quads? Were they ]

Too bad you didn't run into him so you could so you could really "burn" in your nether regions.

His son Frank has been a great NFL RB for the last couple

Nov 5, 2020, 11:01 AM

decades it seems like. I didn't realize that he was from MB area but that's some good lineage.

Re: His son Frank has been a great NFL RB for the last couple

Nov 5, 2020, 11:54 AM

Uhhhhh, errrrrr, hmmmmmm, ok. If you say so.

Nov 5, 2020, 12:00 PM [ in reply to His son Frank has been a great NFL RB for the last couple ]

This made me laugh.

Your sarcasm runs deep . . .

Nov 5, 2020, 2:13 PM [ in reply to His son Frank has been a great NFL RB for the last couple ]

I literally woke my disabled bride from her nap when I read this . . . You dawg!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2020, 3:11 PM [ in reply to His son Frank has been a great NFL RB for the last couple ]

His cousin Leslie had a nice singing career also

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His brother Al has been successful in politics too.***

Nov 5, 2020, 3:52 PM [ in reply to His son Frank has been a great NFL RB for the last couple ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

He really was a great RB; a boyhood hero of mine.

Nov 5, 2020, 2:43 PM

I think he would have been a good one in today's game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 5, 2020, 3:13 PM

He was an athlete with a capital A .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2020, 4:08 PM

The Conway Comet!

Nov 7, 2020, 3:41 AM

I played against him in high school. Conway won 33 to 6. Great player he was.

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic