Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Makes no sense at all ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Makes no sense at all ...

Apr 5, 2021, 1:12 PM

So the word is if you get vaccinated (I am now) there is a very low probability that you will be a carrier for the Wuhan Virus and certainly a very low almost nil chance you will catch it and they still want you to wear a mask and "social distance" ? Why ? To give moral encouragement to those who are not vaccinated ? I say, poppycock !

If people see people without masks and doing normal activities because they ARE vaccinated, it will ENCOURAGE people to get the vaccine. Makes no sense at all.

And now the song !

https://youtu.be/J1sYN0PuRs4

fred

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the left is scared

Apr 5, 2021, 1:17 PM

The want masks to be permanent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This take is so fantastically dumb.

Apr 5, 2021, 1:31 PM

Why on earth would ANYBODY want masks to be permanent? If you say "child traffickers", then we can be done with this discussion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s communist control reasons. 1984 things.

Apr 5, 2021, 1:37 PM

Woke media narrative cancelling. Wake up sheep.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

here's a couple of the many many articles quoting experts

Apr 5, 2021, 6:54 PM [ in reply to This take is so fantastically dumb. ]

here's a couple of the many many articles

https://reason.com/2020/12/04/epidemiologists-masks-social-distancing-vaccine-forever-new-york-times/

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/wearing-masks-forever-what-experts-think-181407868.html
https://s.yimg.com/os/creatr-images/2020-07/47815de0-c790-11ea-9d6f-f3f52eda3f42">
https://s.yimg.com/os/creatr-images/2020-07/47815de0-c790-11ea-9d6f-f3f52eda3f42">

I think it's just to be conservative

Apr 5, 2021, 1:30 PM

until the vast majority of people are vaccinated. "Better safe than sorry" kind of thing.

If they can nail down the thing about being vaccinated and not being a carrier, then that's a big deal and would probably be the end of mask mandates. Last I heard, they had encouraging data on that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Makes no sense at all ...

Apr 5, 2021, 1:36 PM

They think you might still be able to spread the virus even after being vaccinated. They are still studying it supposedly. Dr. Sanjay Gupta claims that we can. Everything is always changing, so who knows?

Apr 5, 2021, 1:47 PM

I've been vaxxed and I'm still (mostly) wearing a mask in C-stores and Grocery stores, etc because I know less than 50% of SC has been fully dosed so far. Not concerned about catching the China Flu myself, but don't want others worried I'll give it to them. Get that vaxxed percentage up to about 65 or so and I'll be done masking.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2021, 1:50 PM

I completely agree w this take. Once everyone gets their vaccines, masks will disappear

Apr 5, 2021, 1:54 PM

You're a doctor, correct? What do you think about spreading after getting the vaccine?

Apr 5, 2021, 1:56 PM

Everything I’ve read so far is that people aren’t catching or transmitting it after the vaccine. Even if you do, if everyone around you is vaccinated and nobody gets sick, the virus will run out of hosts. They are remarkably, like miraculously, effective at preventing illness/hospitalizations from it.

Apr 5, 2021, 2:02 PM

So if we can, I guess the masks are polite until the vast majority are vaccinated. Who knows?

Apr 5, 2021, 2:04 PM

When enough people get the vaccines you’ll see case positivity rate fall, it will fall out of the news and the forefront of everyone’s minds, then as a natural consequence people will loosen up w the mask wearing.

Apr 5, 2021, 1:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Makes no sense at all ... ]

Apr 5, 2021, 1:57 PM

That’s going to be the problem. Pretty soon the supply demand issue will flip, and they’ll be looking for people to take it. That’s why disinformation about the vaccine is so harmful, because it is literally the only way we get out of this crap and get back to normal life.

Apr 5, 2021, 2:08 PM

Anyone in SC who has the slightest risk has been vaxed.

Apr 5, 2021, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Makes no sense at all ... ]

If you haven't, it's because you don't really care to be.

So, I have no issues not wearing a mask. But I'll continue to wear one if a store wants me to just because I like to fly under the radar.

I still think it's dumb as heyull to wear a mask inside a restaurant to walk 10 feet to my table. And I think it's just about equally as dumb to wear one inside a grocery store where they already have partitions up at the cash registers.

But, I'll comply because it ain't a big deal.

This is a very mature take from you.

Apr 5, 2021, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Makes no sense at all ... ]

Kudos, sir.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 5, 2021, 3:46 PM

From something I recently read, Israel has vaccinated about 80% of its population. A Pfizer vaccine study there showed 97% effectiveness in preventing symptomatic COVID and also 94% effectiveness in preventing asymptomatic COVID. That is truly remarkable.

Honestly, there is very little reason for a fully vaccinated person to wear a mask if these results are similar in the US which almost assuredly they are. I can't imagine a fully vaccinated person wanting others to wear a mask in their presence, nor can I imagine that those who choose not to wear a mask care whether others wear one.

If you as yet haven't been vaccinated, you should wear a mask until you are vaccinated. With the risk of spreading asymptomatic COVID so low among the vaccinated, it's time to stop asking that everyone wear the mask.

I'm still doing it for now, but in another 6 weeks if a mutant strain that the vaccine isn't effective against hasn't emerged, I'm not going to wear the mask any longer. By then, the truly at risk individuals will have had ample opportunity to get vaccinated.

It's all a scam, always has been.***

Apr 5, 2021, 4:20 PM

yeah. nobody died from it.***

Apr 5, 2021, 4:21 PM

people die of respiratory viruses every year. About the same

Apr 5, 2021, 4:24 PM

number as usual died this year. The covid death count is fraudulent.

It is? How do you know that?***

Apr 5, 2021, 4:24 PM

by paying attention.***

Apr 5, 2021, 4:28 PM

Re: by paying attention.***

Apr 5, 2021, 6:43 PM

More people died this past year than in previous years and

Apr 5, 2021, 4:36 PM [ in reply to people die of respiratory viruses every year. About the same ]

the delta is approximately the COVID death count. Your facts be incorrect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: people die of respiratory viruses every year. About the same

Apr 5, 2021, 6:44 PM [ in reply to people die of respiratory viruses every year. About the same ]

Yeah, every year we see ICU's across the country filled with ventilatory dependent patients and tractor trailers being used as temporary morgues in some of our larger cities. It's really cool how countries across the world have gotten together to perpetuate this hoax. It was really cool when Trump and Melania faked getting COVID too. Boris Johnson did his part also to dupe the mindless citizens of the UK by faking his ICU stay.

People do die of respiratory viruses every year, but COVID while generally transmitted via the respiratory tract, is a systemic inflammatory process that can affect multiple organs through vasculitis and clotting. While the vast majority of people are able to handle COVID well, many don't and they are not all old or possess other conditions that predispose them to death or serious illness.

Believe what you will. I would suspect you've spent little to no time talking with health care workers about what they've seen even in SC. I have. My friends and family have been on the front lines. I'm not sure where you are coming up with your ideas, but you are in error to equate COVID to yearly respiratory viruses.

Additionally, I strongly suspect we have a bitter harvest ahead for many, who while they survived COVID, will ultimately have pulmonary fibrosis and/or cardiomyopathy leading to the need for many lung and heart transplants.

I do not think he means that tho..........

Apr 5, 2021, 4:26 PM [ in reply to yeah. nobody died from it.*** ]

I think China released it to hurt our economy and to kill Americans and nothing will change how I feel about that notion. Unless you can show me proof, which no one can, that it didn't, well.....I don't believe in coincidences, so it was their doing. The sham part for me is how the government has lied to us so many times and continues to do so. They have lied and flip flopped so many times, then screamed "just following science" that it has become a joke to most.

Flu gone. Cold season gone. But EVERYONE is dying from COVID. The numbers are a sham, we need to know exactly how many have died in long term care facilities. That is where people are dying by the droves, not at 50 years old in the street or bar. They continue to hide information, they continue to like, so that is why you have people like myself that are super skeptical.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

for the past two weeks I have been

Apr 5, 2021, 4:22 PM

literally every where as this virus is surging. Either I have really good immunity or I just hang out with the right people cause lord knows I have been an idiot and been to bars that are slamming and jamming.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't you already had it?***

I like social distancing.

I don't want you all up in my business. Pandemic or not.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic