Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott to USF chatter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Jeff Scott to USF chatter

Dec 8, 2019, 4:18 PM

There is a lot of chatter out there about Jeff Scott to USF. The AD there is Michael Kelly, a friend of mine who used to work for the ACC and knows all about the Clemson program and Jeff Scott. I am hearing there is a lot of validity to the rumors but I am still trying to confirm. For what it's worth, this would be a fantastic fit on both sides.

If that happens, I can see Tyler Grisham stepping into an increased role until a permanent fit is found.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott to USF chatter

Dec 8, 2019, 4:22 PM

Hate to see it happen during this phase of the season. Players are asked to stay committed to their teams by not sitting out of bowl games but there is a double standard for the coaches making business decisions.

But it seems it is the only way the timing can work out now... just unfortunate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 4:30 PM

I agree... they should wait until after signing day to leave and go to their next job

Dec 8, 2019, 4:37 PM

ROBOKIRK said:

I agree... they should wait until after signing day to leave and go to their next job

Yeah but you also risk someone signing with the team that HAD that relationship and may not want to stay if that coach goes out the door.

There's good and bad about it but I got no problem with it if he wants to leave. The team isn't based on one coach, player, etc. Clemson is Clemson and will handle their business regardless.

I am also one that would be in agreeance that players be able to transfer without restriction like coaches that are able to leave on a whim (again, going with there are pros, cons and possible restrictions that may need to be est. about the situation).

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 6:27 PM

you might would feel differently if half the staff left next week before the championship series. Jeff and some others have earned a lot of goodwill at Clemson and deserve a chance to live out their dreams. But he needs to leave the day after our last game and not a day before.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 6:34 PM

Wrong. A new coach needs to try to be situated and make contact with possible recruits before early signing day. Jeff has done an admirable jobs for us and in return he has been well compensated by us. Neither side has to throw a bonus into the pot. If he leaves before the bowl game, we stop paying him. That sounds fair to me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With the early signing period that isn't an option anymore

Dec 8, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott to USF chatter ]

Schools are making it essentially a stipulation that the new coach get there ASAP and hit the ground running.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 4:23 PM

*** awesome update, though. Thanks!

Dec 8, 2019, 4:25 PM

my guess would be kyle richardson david. a hire from within

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd hate to lose him, but would be very happy for him.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:25 PM

He deserves that opportunity, and I think we all know it's bound to happen sooner or later. Good thing is, Dabo is more aware than anybody, and has a plan in place.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I'd hate to lose him, but would be very happy for him.

That’s a good point. We’ve known for a while now, that several of the coordinators have the potential to eventually get a good opportunity that they can’t pass up. I’m sure Dabo et al have an off ramp plan that won’t be too disruptive to the process. ... I hope.

Dabo has talked about it.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:34 PM

Not Jeff Scott in this particular instance, but that he always has a plan should this kind of thing happen.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

If this happens, would the Chad return?***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If this happens, would the Chad return?***

Dec 8, 2019, 4:33 PM

Not only no, but HE double hockey sticks no.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:46 PM

Good!

Dec 8, 2019, 5:27 PM [ in reply to Re: If this happens, would the Chad return?*** ]

Just out of curiosity but why so emphatic?

He was definitely not all in

Dec 8, 2019, 6:50 PM

well, he was all in for himself

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 6:39 PM [ in reply to Re: If this happens, would the Chad return?*** ]

Wow - why so emphatic - David. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Plz no***

Dec 8, 2019, 6:21 PM [ in reply to If this happens, would the Chad return?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:32 PM

Hope we can keep him for 1 more year. He is ready though and whoever gets him is getting a steal.

What about Brandon Streeter?

Dec 8, 2019, 4:35 PM

Is he a potential OC at some point, for somebody?

- H. L. Mencken

Just a guess , but Brandon would have more to do

with the gameplan and play calling, while Tyler would take over for the WR's ????

Like I said, jast a guess. Korn will be brought back sooner or later.

Re: What about Brandon Streeter?

Dec 8, 2019, 4:40 PM [ in reply to What about Brandon Streeter? ]

He was the OC at Richmond. I think he stays here but you would see an increased role for him

You hearing anything about Elliott to Missouri? I know there were some fake rumors about Scott going there but I'm seeing a lot more about Elliott.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:39 PM

Also, do you know if Dabo has any familiarity with Joey King and would there be any interest bringing him in from Coastal? Seems like a great fit with Trevor and I'd love to see him develop Uiagalelei.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:42 PM

Move Streeter to Co-OC and bring in Justin Stepp to coach WRs

Dec 8, 2019, 5:08 PM

Wouldnt it be better to make elliot sole OC. HE WOULD MAKE MORE and b more likely to stay.

Willy Korn

Dec 8, 2019, 6:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott to USF chatter ]

should be getting a look too

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2019, 4:41 PM

I appreciate the update. Of course we would all like to see this staff never break up with how well the formula has worked, but I also love the idea that the Dabo tree will continue to grow. At the end of the day, I love the winning, but I also thoroughly enjoy the bigger picture as Dabo reminded us of last night during the ACC network interview. The man is doing things well beyond what most could ever hope for. ####, we are lucky.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:47 PM

thanks for the update. Hate to lose him, but it's inevitable. However, there is a difference between a team being interested in one of our coaches, and one of our coaches interested in a team.

Dec 8, 2019, 4:57 PM

That’s true. Think it might be a good fit for Jeff.

Dec 8, 2019, 5:00 PM

This really upsets me. I just... ugh. Love Jeff though.

Dec 8, 2019, 5:02 PM

@davidhood Who has the best shot at being the permanent hew we coach, Grisham or Kyle Richardson?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will he still coach in the playoff game and NC?

Dec 8, 2019, 5:08 PM

It makes sense for him to go there with his ties to all of the high schools he's pulled recruits out of.

Hearing chatter that Drinkwitz from app st

Dec 8, 2019, 5:12 PM

Taking Missouri job

null

Dec 8, 2019, 5:13 PM

Replacing his recruiting will be toughest. He's a good one

Dec 8, 2019, 6:29 PM

Just as long as Dabo DOES NOT bring back the Chad we will be fine.

Dec 8, 2019, 6:31 PM

I would hate to lose Jeff but he deserves an opportunity to be HC somewhere. This staff has stayed intact with remarkable success. It stands to reason other opportunities will present themselves

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't Terry Bowden working now for FREE?

Dec 8, 2023, 1:53 PM

would he not be in a position to take over some roll? He was a head coach at one point and has experience now on how Dabo works it. If it is a bad idea or he is a bad fit, then he would not be there in any capacity...... right?

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Dec 8, 2019, 6:38 PM

He would not be a long term solution, but for a season or two, Terry Bowden is more than capable.

Dec 8, 2019, 6:44 PM

Wow! Has anyone called Tiger moving yet or has Scott already moved?

Dec 8, 2019, 6:47 PM

Dont ruin the fun. Rampant rumor fuels the best discussions.

Dec 8, 2019, 7:38 PM

He’s one of 3 finalists and likely the favorite to get the job at this point. Would be a good fit for both I believe.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic