Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Obama had refused to do this...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

If Obama had refused to do this...

Aug 27, 2018, 3:07 PM

the same people who are fine with Trump refusing to do it are the ones who would have been screaming the loudest. So much hypocrisy in politics these days.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/403826-veteran-groups-tell-trump-to-lower-flag-to-half-staff-to-honor-mccain

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Obama had refused to do this...

Aug 27, 2018, 3:09 PM

It would be impossible for a Democrat to insult all POW's and be elected President.

Aug 27, 2018, 3:17 PM

https://www.bustle.com/p/trumps-instagram-tribute-to-john-mccain-featured-a-photo-of-himself-10241116

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2018, 6:12 PM

Trump is the first Billionaire, New York, Real Estate Redneck I've ever encountered.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems absolutly moronic to not do this.

Aug 27, 2018, 3:18 PM

This is an easy bone to toss. But I'm not entirely surprised.

GO TIGERS!!

yeah, i kinda figured it just happened.

Aug 27, 2018, 3:20 PM

didn't think he'd actually get a say in it.

White house groundskeeper gets word a senator has died and just automatically lowers flag and goes about his day.

Kind of what I thought too.

Aug 27, 2018, 3:44 PM

Trump has to be careful not to go into too much glowing adoration simply because of his past comments, but this is just stupid.

GO TIGERS!!

Has a smaller-minded man ever held that office?

Aug 27, 2018, 4:30 PM

Trump’s regard for McCain goes no further than “How did I like him?” Or “What did he do for me?”

null

Maybe only lower flag for veterans who didn’t get captured?

Aug 27, 2018, 5:33 PM

No - that’s not right.

I missed the part where he refused to do it........

Aug 27, 2018, 6:19 PM

got a link?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house-lowers-flag-to-half-staff-as-nation-honors-john-mccain/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I missed the part where he refused to do it........

Aug 27, 2018, 6:35 PM

You are correct that he did not refuse to lower it altogether, though the article in the OP also says as much. The thing that had people upset was that the flag was only kept lowered for the minimum amount of time required by federal flag code.

"Traditionally, the death of a sitting United States senator would be met with a presidential proclamation and flags flying at half-staff throughout the country until the funeral of the deceased," AMVETS said in a statement. "This follows national tradition, as shown after the deaths of Senators Ted Kennedy and Robert Byrd."

"But John McCain was not just a sitting senator," the statement said. "He was a war hero, twice a presidential contender, and a national treasure who devoted his entire adult life to protecting and improving the American way of life."

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not holding him blameless, but the original post has a

Aug 27, 2018, 6:37 PM

link to a veteran's group asking him to lower it, and a subject line indicating Trump had refused. That's just completely false.

Trump looked like a diiick on his own in this case without the need for additional dishonest embellishment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed***

Aug 27, 2018, 6:42 PM

Leave Obama out of this.

Aug 27, 2018, 6:54 PM

I appreciate Obama more and more everyday. If not for Obama we wouldn't have Trump. No matter what you think of Obama he has given us a president who puts America first. He doesn't play politics and can't be fooled by political bullchit.

The left got such a big portion of redistribution of wealth during the Obama administration that we elected a populist who is also a fine example of a capitalist and why this country was founded.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Leave Obama out of this.

Aug 27, 2018, 7:09 PM

If not for Obama we wouldn't have Trump.

This is probably true. No Obama, no birthers. No birthers, no Trump.

I like capitalists who weren't born rich.

At most, Trump puts America second

Aug 27, 2018, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Leave Obama out of this. ]

behind himself.

His wealth depends on the American economy.

Aug 27, 2018, 10:35 PM

If America goes sour his business suffers. Actually, putting America first is putting Trump first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good thing he's not a farmer or in the automotive business***

Aug 27, 2018, 11:24 PM

I know he's big on education

Aug 27, 2018, 11:48 PM

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/trump-university-scam/

How is this putting America first?

Aug 27, 2018, 11:45 PM [ in reply to His wealth depends on the American economy. ]

Is this one of the judges y'all are so excited about?

https://www.texasobserver.org/trump-nominates-austin-attorney-who-stymied-investigation-into-trump-university/

Anyone?***

Aug 28, 2018, 6:10 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic