Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In case some of y'all missed the memo, we're pretty good.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

In case some of y'all missed the memo, we're pretty good.

Nov 5, 2017, 9:54 AM

I love that we have a fanbase that can't handle a loss, or even a close game anymore. Seriously, though - isn't there a line that you shouldn't cross?

I too, would love for us to beat every team 56-7. Except for Chicken State, where that's not enough. It doesn't happen.

News flash: NC State is a very good team. Even if we hadn't been just depleted personnel wise on defense (and we were) we would have had a difficult time stopping them. We found a way to win. Several ways, actually. Great teams find a way to win. Good teams find a way to lose by 31 to Iowa.

We're far from perfect. We didn't expect to be even close to perfect in 2017 - I'd say it's just possible we are exceeding expectations. We've got a lot of stuff to fix, lots of holes to fill. This may well be the "weakest" year personnel-wise we have had in a long time - or will have for a long time to come. But here we are, in the top 4 of the playoff rankings, sitting at 8-1 with a game against an even-more-depleted FSU team at home for the ACC Atlantic Division Title. Again.

Remember all those "great" teams across the nation - the ones people around here keep saying are better than we are? The ones where we can't possibly compete with them unless we get better? The ones that have played a schedule half as difficult as ours - the ones that are now...eliminated? Uh huh. Ask Penn State how things are today. Or Ohio State. Or Oklahoma State. Or anyone in the PAC 12. Could it be Clemson next week? It sure could. Never going to take FSU lightly, no matter what they have going on. Elite teams still lose games. They still play close games. They still make mistakes.

One final note on that subject: remember all of those heart-destroying games in 2015 and 2016? Turned out okay. Not saying it will in 2017, but let's get a grip, mmmkay?

ANOTHER SUBJECT ENTIRELY.

Okay, the towel-stealing incident was funny. Once. Christian Wilkins would have done it, and we would all have laughed. I actually laughed when he did it the first time. The second time was stupid. The third time was middle-school bully crap. He should have been flagged, that's the living definition of unsportsmanlike conduct.

The whining about the referees was pathetic, but understandable in a game as intense as that one. But not by the coach. And not when you're wrong. I've attended many a game where I was completely convinced that there was a game-altering terrible call until I got home and watched it on TV. I think any reasonable person would look at the game last night and revise their opinions from having seen it in person. The interference calls on NCSU were very, very real and evidenced by fistfuls of jerseys. The illegal shift was obvious. Tough luck for them, but obvious. The total complete lack of holding penalties on them indicates to me that maybe they got a few their way too. Including on scoring plays.

I've always wanted to find a way to like NC State. But last night reminded me of why I shouldn't. I know a ton of really classy good NC State students, graduates, and plain ol' fans. It's too bad they seem to be out-no-classed these days. Take back your school and your program, NCSU. You might want to start by getting rid of your football coach. He'd fit in well in Columbia. Right? Right?

BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SUBJECT

8-1. The -1 sucks. It's supposed to. Never get used to losing. Don't ever find it acceptable. But when it happens, get a grip.

Or maybe a better way to put this...remember to have fun. We're in the best era of Clemson football in history, and I grew up in a pretty #### good era. Beat FSU. Beat the Citadel. Annihilate and humiliate Chicken State. Have fun doing it.

See y'all next weekend. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great post!

Nov 5, 2017, 10:06 AM

Football is mostly a game lost by mistakes and/or won by players making plays. Under Dabo, Clemson is making fewer of the former and more of the latter than at any time in its history. Enjoy the ride. And as Dabo says, "Win with class, lose with class."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In case some of y'all missed the memo, we're pretty good.

Nov 5, 2017, 10:09 AM

These people need to call 1-866-Ineed-help!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2017, 10:22 AM

Awesome post. TU.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 5, 2017, 11:23 AM

THIS ****

ANOTHER SUBJECT ENTIRELY

Also, THIS ****

The is exactly the post this board needs but doesn’t deserve***

Nov 5, 2017, 11:35 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted.

Nov 5, 2017, 3:19 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My sentiments as well....+1***

Nov 5, 2017, 12:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 Only because I can't give you more***

Nov 5, 2017, 3:26 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks !! - we all needed that!***

Nov 5, 2017, 3:38 PM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic