Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Great COVID googily moogily
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Great COVID googily moogily

Apr 14, 2021, 2:51 PM

A guy I work closely with, his dad died last night in ICU on a vent.

My wife found out that a friends dad is in ICU.

My wife is also losing several personnel on her project becuase it’s so bad in India. Two people had to go back to India to take care of parents dying from COVID.

Zoinks. Get those shots folks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are they sure it was COVID, and not a broken heart?***

Apr 14, 2021, 3:15 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More importantly

Apr 14, 2021, 3:38 PM

https://youtu.be/_sUMtHcUMWo

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's bad in India

Apr 14, 2021, 3:42 PM

Their cases have climbed almost 1,000% in 2 weeks. R0 in India is north of 3 now in places. They're running out of oxygen in places now, similar to Brazil. That sends the death rate up exponentially. Next Friday can't come quick enough for my second Moderna. Please get BOTH shots.

Praying for everyone who is ill as well.

Here's a video fwiw about the situation in India. Still cracks me up how the count. A lakh is 100,000, and they break down large numbers by lakh, meaning the commas are not after the three digits like we're used to. So 3.5 lakh is 350,000, and that's written 3,50,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvgrDdiLrhw

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm afraid the numbers down here are going to start back up

Apr 14, 2021, 3:50 PM

like they are in Michigan. Everybody is so OVER it, but just wanting it to be done with isn't going to make it so, especially if there's enough dipshits not getting the stick for 'personal reasons'.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd wager GA is like 2/3 vs. 1/3 state....

Apr 14, 2021, 3:56 PM

Only 2/3 of those eligible are getting it. The other 1/3 have no desire or DGAF.

They've opened it up to everyone a few weeks ago and there are appointments available all over.

I got my 2nd Pfizer microchip last week so in only a few more days I'll be good to go.

Yeah I work for company in ATL and our office is probably

Apr 14, 2021, 4:07 PM

about that split. Bosses have been encouraging everyone to get shots but not everyone is on board.

hey are you

Apr 14, 2021, 6:45 PM

97CUTiger or something like that?

I don't like to pry

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: hey are you

Apr 14, 2021, 10:32 PM

Yes

Jebus Willmo,

Apr 15, 2021, 9:56 AM [ in reply to hey are you ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

If even...we polled our employees last week...

Apr 14, 2021, 4:26 PM [ in reply to I'd wager GA is like 2/3 vs. 1/3 state.... ]

because we are looking at having a company come in a give shots at our facility.

Out of 230 employees, only about 40 wanted the shot plus another 10 or so who already had it. I knew the rate was going to be low, but I didn't think that low. It's pretty disappointing. I was considering relaxing our mask requirements on the production floor for people not working within 6ft of another person, but I'm reconsidering if so few are going to get the vaccine.

And, of course, it was the J&J shot we were offering. Now were are going to offer Pfizer or Moderna and now have less people interested because "people are dying from vaccines"...sigh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At this rate, 2021 is gonna be a re-run of 2020.***

Apr 14, 2021, 4:28 PM

Nah...Charleston Tom says it's not really an issue...

Apr 14, 2021, 4:46 PM

same as the flu.

so......

He's not worried because he's reached nerd immunity.

Apr 14, 2021, 4:59 PM

I don't even know who that is, but I sure wasn't going to waste a perfectly stellar joke either.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm fully vaccinated as of today, 2 weeks since 2nd pfizer.

Apr 14, 2021, 4:15 PM

I was exposed to a confirmed positive 2 weeks after my first shot, one week after my wife's first. Neither of us got it.

Guy at work was telling me last week how he didn't need to get the shot, thinks he already had Covid sometime in 2019. Just got an email that he tested positive.

That's because you're only immune for 3-4 months

Apr 15, 2021, 9:10 AM

after getting it.

That's why the vaccine is so important.

That is one major fault from Biden and Fauci.

The American people are idiots. Get the head CDC guy up there and explain this stuff.

At this point it's social Darwinism

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I am at 5 months and a week

Apr 15, 2021, 9:25 AM

and I had antibodies as of 12 days ago, so I am not sure we know how long they last. But good spitballin'.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The point is the line "I got it x months ago, I can't get it

Apr 15, 2021, 9:32 AM

is crap from uninformed people.

I hear it every day from the people I work with.

"I had the sniffles 3 months ago, I think that was COVID"

Then the next week they are out with a positive test and now 30 students have to go home.

This isn't chicken pox where you get it one time and you're done (unless you get shingles)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Businesses will have to deal with short & long term costs.

Apr 14, 2021, 6:42 PM

The immediate costs of absenteeism and loss of sales are obvious. High vaccination rates and low transmission rates will create greater consumer confidence in many sectors. That will translate into a quicker, stronger and more sustainable recovery.

Long term costs from long haulers and permanent disabilities will eventually translate into higher health care costs for employers _ that will be passed down to employees. New variants that could potentially impact the younger population and god forbid, children would be devastating on many levels.

All politicians and business leaders should strongly advocate high vaccination rates purely for economic reasons, not to mention the human consequences.

I don’t get vaccine hesitancy or anti-vaxers.

I think you're thinking too inwardly

Apr 14, 2021, 7:25 PM

We will be fine. But, we won't be fine because others won't be fine. India is shutting down right now. I don't care what China says, they've not been going 100% and growing 6% any more than they've had only 4,000 covid deaths. Mexico is reeling. A lot of our stuff we traditionally relied on with global trade, it will all be impacted, and is now. Chip shortage is a big one.

The loss of global trade and imports, and global supply chain issues alone will be enough to drive up inflation, and that will make our debt unserviceable, and that will hurt our economy. We can't decide if we're going to war with China, or want to pay them to make all our stuff, been that way a while. But either way, the globalism cheap debt trade deficit gravy train we've been riding is grinding to a halt.

We don't make stuff here anymore. It's made overseas. And as much as we want to keep going, recover, and whatnot, others we rely on for trade and cheap labor won't produce.

If this doesn't end soon expect two things, war and/or inflation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fair enough but loss of life is significant in many countri.***

Apr 14, 2021, 8:15 PM

Got the J&J two weeks ago tomorrow

Apr 14, 2021, 7:00 PM

I see it as a retirement investment for the wife. 10 years from now she will see a commercial at 03:30 in the morning and will wake up her new husband all excited...

"If you or a loved one received the Johnson and Johnson Covid-19 vaccine...."

I hope they have a wonderful life at their new home in the Bahamas.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't a significantly higher number of people died

Apr 15, 2021, 9:47 AM

from the other two vaccines? Anyone got these numbers?

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic