Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Watson/Lawrence/Bryant through 6 games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,100

Watson/Lawrence/Bryant through 6 games

Oct 12, 2018, 11:06 AM

Watson Soph. 1411 yds 14 TDS 7 ints after game 7 he was 1554 yds 15 TDS 8 ints undefeated.
Bryant Junior. 1189 yds 4 pass TDS 4 ints (not including rush TDS) after 7 games and 1 loss to Syracuse
Lawrence (splitting reps) 868 yds 11 TDS 2 ints (1 not his fault) after game 7 ???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All interceptions are the QB's fault

Oct 12, 2018, 11:09 AM

Unless you want to go back and figure out which ones weren't the other's fault either. Don't throw the ball and there is no interception.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^ hates Chase Brice and Hunter Renfrow***

Oct 12, 2018, 11:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Watson/Lawrence/Bryant through 6 games

Oct 12, 2018, 11:25 AM

I would love to see this comparison with Boyd as well. He started slow his first couple of games but I feel like he got really hot through his next several starts. I know he was undefeated through his first 8 starts but would be interested in someone posting the yardage, TD, and INT stats also.

I am admittedly too lazy to do the math right now.

Oct 12, 2018, 11:33 AM

Through his first 6 starts in 2011, Boyd had 1742 passing yards, 15 TD's and 2 INT's. He also had 120 rush yards and 3 rushing TD's.

It's not really fair to compare the specific stats for each of these QB's considering you're comparing Boyd as a sophomore in Chad Morris' offense, Watson as a sophomore under Scott and Elliot, Bryant as a junior under Scott and Elliot and Lawrence as a true freshman under Scott and Elliot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point

Oct 12, 2018, 11:38 AM

The most fair way to do it would be to compare each in their first 6 starts. Watson started games as a freshman (under Morris) that should be included.

Maybe this will be revisited again after Lawrence has 6 starts to make all things even.

Even though Boyd and Bryant were older before making their first start I think it is still a pretty fair comparison to go with first 6 starts for each player.

Oct 12, 2018, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Watson/Lawrence/Bryant through 6 games ]

Thank you for pointing this out, this just supports that our O was so much more electrifying under Morris...

As great as the Tigers are playing currently, I miss those days. I feel like we formerly did so much with great talent. Now, we have excellent talent and are barely doing as much (except winning).

I think if Morris was still around we'd be much more dominant -

Oct 12, 2018, 1:04 PM

I'm not sure I follow your reasoning on this. Because a Tajh threw for more yards in his first six starts then you feel we would be be more dominant if Morris were still here?

There are several things that were behind those numbers and the current numbers.

First, we did not have a great defense in Boyd's first year so we threw the ball to keep up and sometimes because we were playing from behind.

Second, you are making this comment coming off of a game where we had 6 touchdowns over 50 yards. It's hard to be more electrifying than that. And before you cry Weak Forest two of Boyd's first games were Troy and Wofford.

Third, in that same Wake game we could have thrown for 400 yards with Lawrence but we ran for 471 which does not show up when looking at QB passing stats.

I think if you go back and check the overall offensive numbers, you will see that our yards per game are very similar when Morris was here and since he left. Don't forget what Morris did with Cole Stoudt in 2014 and what the current OCs did with Stoudt in the bowl game.

If you want the high flying passing game that Morris brought then you also have to take the WRs throwing INTs and abandoning the run in big games. I would question if Morris would have allowed ETN to take over the Syracuse game or would he have tried to force Brice to go win the game with his arm.

and Charlie Whitehurst..and Woody***

Oct 12, 2018, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Watson/Lawrence/Bryant through 6 games ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: and Charlie Whitehurst..and Woody***

Oct 12, 2018, 1:06 PM

and Billy Lott***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2018, 12:08 PM

I believe the more accurate breakdown would be to see first 6 games started. Like you mentioned Trevor has split time and played in the equivalent of about 3.5 games

What a few more weeks and come back to this and I think we may be surprised how Lawrence stacks up

and the end of the year defense ranking for the teams

Oct 12, 2018, 12:31 PM

they started against..and if it was home or away and the kickoff time

Re: and the end of the year defense ranking for the teams

Oct 12, 2018, 12:34 PM

Don't forget to add time of possession and time the game ended so we can compare the endurance of each athlete.

good point...this comparison is critical and needs

Oct 12, 2018, 1:03 PM

to be accurate

Nope, some of us won't be surprised at how good he is.***

Oct 12, 2018, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Watson/Lawrence/Bryant through 6 games ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 12, 2018, 1:22 PM

So TL's stats are effectively through 3.5 games (at most), not 6. Multiply his stats by a correction factor of 1.7143 (to get to 6) and you get...

1,488 yds, 19 TDs, 3.4 ints.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,100
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic