Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 638

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 13, 2020, 7:37 AM

Friday night, worked on my sawhorse table. Got both horses done but one was wonky. Retired to watch the Whitey Morgan and Ray Wylie Hubbard live streams.

Saturday, disassembled wonky sawhorse reassembled and all it swell. Got the table top on cleaned the space up a bit then did pretty much nothing the rest of the day.

Sunday, really a totally unproductive day. I should have done such and such, but I didn't. Luckily the yard won't demand attention for another 2-3 days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hot and busy

Jul 13, 2020, 7:43 AM

Friday, I don't remember.

Saturday: Up early to clean parks in town. Some kind of "come together" initiative. It was smoking at 9 am.

Then a birthday party in the middle of the day. Outside. With no fans. Pouring sweat. But there were some sweeeeeeet milfs there.

Then off to in-law's house to help them clean out from around the pool house and around the pool deck.

Probably sweat 15 oz.

Sunday: Worked in the chicken coop. Put a drive belt on the lawnmower (thankfully it was that and not a new transmission), grilled. Still hot.

Still hot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jul 13, 2020, 7:59 AM

Drove downhill Sattidy about 4000' to get back to the lake. Chilled Sunday. Pretty low key weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Productive

Jul 13, 2020, 8:04 AM

Friday had to brave an in person meeting but we met in a nice outdoor pavilion and sat at separate tables so I think I’ll live. Came home and got most of my part of what we decided to in the meeting done already so I’ll need to figure out how to pad some billable hours for the 3 week project.

Saturday installed an outdoor fan on the deck - makes all the difference in the world- and figured out the the problem with my pellet grill/smoker was just a bad switch. $1.85 later and I’m back in business.

Sunday cleaned off the lower deck and replaced the lld digital deadbolt on the front door with a new one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

I learned about butthooks***

Jul 13, 2020, 8:06 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty uneventful.......

Jul 13, 2020, 8:06 AM

Had a slap fight with Beefsteak®, taco Friday nite. Went antiquing Sat trying to find some Americana stuff for the new casa.
Watched more golf than normal. Got to play Muirfield in mid90’s, was a blast, tough course, did not see Jack.
Sweated off a few lbs cutting grass Sun mid afternoon.
Heading to IOP in a few minutes!

‘bout an 85 on da KRUNKometer.

Jul 13, 2020, 8:12 AM

Satdee was OFF DA CHAIN. At da pool, drinkin’ Dillys, ungh.

Friday and Sunday involved a lot of sleeping.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mostly meh.

Jul 13, 2020, 8:13 AM

Friday, ate leftover Lee's Famous fried chicken, beers, bass playing.

Saturday, a few chores, a few errands, went to RH Mom's and hung out at the pool late afternoon. Mom wanted a Sonic burger so we ran down the road and brought some back and ate with her. Not sure why Mom likes those, but she does, so we did. Back to the house around 9:00 and started watching a movie, woke up in the Big Chair a couple of hours later and went to bed.

Sunday, lazy morning, some light housework, played bass for about an hour and a half trying to put off grocery store run, finally went late afternoon. My big takeaway from the grocery was that the few patriots who proudly tromped through the store without a mask were of the ilk that I wouldn't want to come into contact with them even in the cleanest and most virus-free of times. Came home and walked pup, made cheesesteaks wit Whiz, played bass for another hour or so and then sat down and watched Amanda Palmer and the Grand Theft Orchestra live show on Qello. One of the most interesting concerts I've seen in a while...performance art with a punk attitude. Check it out if you've never heard of her.

Not the most exciting weekend, maybe a 16.5 out of 19 Covids.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know.....it was decently amazing

Jul 13, 2020, 8:14 AM

Friday - great morning run as it was about 65 degrees. took the kids to dinner while mom did wine night with the girls. super fun time, went to pool afterwards, drank lots of tequila

Saturday - went to see bathroom designs with wife. redoing a bathroom costs quite a bit of dollhairs. pool time, lots of Corona Premiere, grilled burgers

Sunday - long run and it was amazing due to no humidity and 65 degrees. pool time for like 3.5 hours and then tacos for dinner. went out to the pub, watched the race, got super drunk, sobered up quite a bit walking home.

9.9/10

I was around more people this weekend than I have been in 6 months. Probably will be COVID dead by next week.

Peace out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jul 13, 2020, 8:15 AM

Ate well, hungout with my Mom, had some beer and wine at her place looking over the Cape Fear River. It was nice. I think I may just move to Wilmington soon.

house hunting with dash of in-laws

Jul 13, 2020, 8:30 AM

accepted the offer on the house Thursday on our way to TN. taking the money and gtfo of here.

Fri - worked from in-laws house. played golf in afternoon. played like #######, but whooped my father in-law and my wife's uncles #####

Sat - looked at houses. meh. dawghater2she didn't like the lot I had picked out, either. probably just going to rent until we get a feel for the area

Sun - drove back to the A. had to go into the office to work for a little bit and try to get caught up from last week / prep for this week.

had a 6 am call w/ Europe so been slamming coffee

I has a confuse.

Jul 13, 2020, 11:13 AM

Weren't you renting the place you are in?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope - we bought back in December

Jul 13, 2020, 11:27 AM

and wife got re-located. Our house sold in 5 hours.

I have the only house that won;t sell.

Jul 13, 2020, 11:35 AM

I just want this thing gone. Realtor and i are having a discussion today on how much lower I have to drop the price to get it gone.

I'm ready to be an ex-resident of Mt P.

we had a sweet situation

Jul 13, 2020, 1:06 PM

where we are getting a lot of money from her now employer to move, so we could get very aggressive w/ pricing and still realize a pretty dope return. we priced ours in the lower quantile of the comps as our emphasis was speed.

if you want to GTFO, price it accordingly. Time or money baby...applies to everything

Worthless

Jul 13, 2020, 8:43 AM

Nephew turned 2, so we had his party on Friday. Low Country Boil and Elijah Craig Single Barrel.

Saturday, helped my dad haul off the trash and got some lumber for our cabin in Gilbert. Cut some dead limbs out of a 500 year old oak tree in our back yard - not sure of the actual age, but that dang thing has a diameter of at least 6 feet. Looks like this, but a hair smaller:

Drank some peach daiquiri type drinks, babysat the 2 year old nephew and watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Sunday I slept until noon, hung out at my cousins pool, drank mimossas, came home and went to bed at 7pm.

Like I said, other than cutting up some limbs, I layed around like a total POS.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Booooooring, and therefore awesome.

Jul 13, 2020, 8:49 AM

Changed oil in car. Finally got the adhesive off the hood of my car too. Long story, but hand sanitizer cuts adhesive glue very well, way better than Goo Gone. Watched 2 entire movies. Took a tub bath (happens once a year). Washed clothes. Took care of mom. Got likker and groceries for the beach. Grilled something that took hours to cook RIGHT, and then ate it. Did a little work too. Put new tire on middle son's bike.

About it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hot.

Jul 13, 2020, 9:23 AM

102F both days, meant I really didn't get a chance to do much in the wood shop. The project for the weekend was making a couple of solid walnut bookends from some off cuts that a neighbor gave me.

I took the live edge pieces, cleared off all the bark, and did some light shaping to them. once finished, I ran them through the router with a 1/4" straight bit at 1/4" height, and created a nice raised profile on one side of each book end.

Next, I sanded them with 60/140/220/320/440 grit sand paper, then I vacuumed off all the debris, and applied
a few coats mineral oil to give a natural finish.

Beyond that, Saturday night, I livestreamed the AMITW/Jack's Manequin Everything In Transit Drive-in Show from Anaheim, which was a lot of fun, and I'm regretting not going out to see, but the timing just wasn't there.

T'weren't too bad.

Jul 13, 2020, 10:26 AM

Friday: changed front brake pads in Acura. Cost: $48 and 50 minutes. Firestone Opportunity Cost: oh, 'bout treefiddy. Hot af, with some rain sprinkled in for humidity. Stayed at buddy's house who let me borrow his jack and caliper compressor (those are sex terms) and drank until 1:30 in the am.

Saturday: washer and dryer delivered at 9:30am, no time to paint laundry "room" (nook), so, whatever. Needed to build shelves after ripping out 18" wire rack that Satan installed when he built the house. Couldn't get motivated to do so, made love to couch for most of afternoon and evening, even snuck a nap in.

Sunday: built shelves. Wife complained that shelves have visible braces, as pieces of plywood are supposed to float magically across 67" spaces without bowing or any kind of bracing. Whatever. Threw some chicken breasts in sous vide, some with Greek dressing, some with Frank's Xtra Hot and butter. Trew'em on sear burner, both turned out delightful.

Not a bad weekend, somewhat productive, even.

3/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

9 days long.

Jul 13, 2020, 10:37 AM

And that ain't bad.

Watched it rain the beginning of last week, cause that's all it did for 3-4 days.

Finally had enough of it and trailered the boat up to Clemson Thursday. Out of the 4 tires on the trailer, I had 3 flats. Spent most of Thursday changing tires, finding spare tires, and hobbling a boat and trailer to Clemson. For the second flat, had to pull off the interstate somewhere in Laurens, and has been my typical experience, flat tires on out of town boats seem to draw the curious. Had a truck pull over about 30 yards away and watch me the whole time, which piqued my trouble radar enough to chamber a round in my 9mm and stuff it in my shorts. As soon as I finished changing the tire and got in my truck, the other truck left. Finally got to Clemson, and bought 4 new tires Friday morning, and was able to get on Keowee AND Hartwell in the same day.

Put in at Keowee marina. Weird things I noticed about lake boating-The cleats they use at the marina are funny, because they are like cleats you'd use for kayaks or something. The dock hands that work there don't know what a cleat hitch is, or how to tie one. Those guys probably oughtta go do a summer at Red's, or Charleston City marina or something. Keowee is clearer water, but I don't think there are any fish in that lake. Being in 140' water was interesting. Got to check out all the features of my new depth finder so that was cool. Later went to Hartwell and rode around, hid from the rain, and got off the water around 8:15. Trip home Saturday was uneventful, thankfully.

I give the whole week an 8, minus points for the rain, and being off work ending.

Very good.

Jul 13, 2020, 10:43 AM

Friday: Fished a little. Mowed grass. Then watched the it rain like hail about two minutes are parking the mower. Drank a beer or twelve before heading to bed.

Saturday: worked a few hours then went to Lowes. Bought a battery operated weed eater and a chainsaw. Let's see how they work. Helped mom at her house for a few, went to pond and plowed and pondered the thought of buying a bigger tractor; Farmall can only do so much. BBQ'ed some backbone, drank a few beers, put the "new" toys together and away after trying them out. Went to pond to fish a few for the heck of it. Went to pool to swim at night. Bed.

Sunday: worked a very little. Ate lunch with mom. Went to get MfOjr. YAY!!! :) Played and watched some of race. Threw baseball, grilled wings, refreshed hummingbird feeder (would not want to #### them off), drank some beer, took care of flowers, kept the washing machine and dryer busy. Read and bed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday

Jul 13, 2020, 1:11 PM

Not much early. Went to golf course to help run the Palmetto Amateur tournament at Palmetto Golf Club. Filled divots afterward, drank some seltzers and beers.

Saturday - last day of tournament and I am in charge of live scoring. Busy but everything went off without a hitch. Ty Strafaci of Georgia Tech, 15th ranked amateur in the world, won. Filled divots again, then played some afterwards. Course was tough but fantastic condition, played pretty good. Went to friends house for birthday party. Had WAY too many seltzers and beers.

Sunday - mostly lazy day because of way too many seltzers and beers the night before, but did manage some redhead things. Went to golf course at 5:00 to help brother take stuff down and clean up the last bit of stuff. Played three holes afterward and did some chipping, drank a few beers. Saw Kevin Kisner out there, getting in some last minute practice before heading to O-HI-O for the Memorial.

All in all, golfy, boozy, and redhead things. Pretty solid weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Why can't those punk kids fill some divots themselves?***

Jul 13, 2020, 1:22 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very good question

Jul 13, 2020, 1:24 PM

The answer lies in the fact that there is no sand or sand bottles on the course due to the COVID maniabullshit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Oh, well then I will stop thinging as poorly about the next

Jul 13, 2020, 1:25 PM

generation of golfers.

Technically over

Jul 13, 2020, 1:41 PM

Mon, don't remember
Tues, don't remember
Wed, fishing in the morning, 20 bass on Russell. Fishing in the evening, 1 hybrid on Hartwell
Thurs, don't remember
Fri - 20 bass and 20 crappie on Russell
Sat - Fished a tourney on Russell, did awful, only caught 6 fish. Bonfire at night with kids and brother's family
Sun - Went to a dig in the dirt find your own rocks mine. McJr had fun, I actually had fun, lots of weirdos digging for rocks

Doing training today for new jahb. Taking more time off after today.

miss you all

Srs question: Are there any fish in Lake Keowee?

Jul 13, 2020, 2:19 PM

I rode around for almost 3 hours and my depth finder didn't do that cool beeping like they do on Wicked Tuna not ONE time.

Yup, LMB are there

Jul 13, 2020, 2:52 PM

but deeper than on most other lakes due to water clarity. Keowee is very stable from a lake level standpoint, so the fish there tend to behave somewhat differently than on lakes with variable levels.

Right now, early in the morning, spots and largemouths are

Jul 13, 2020, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Srs question: Are there any fish in Lake Keowee? ]

shallow. Largemouths can be found within 10 ft of the bank through the day on the shadelines close to docks. Nekot rigs are pretty effective. Spots will move out deeper. Shakey heads and drop shots are pretty common.

Also, in the summer, if you go behind Jocassee ###, there will be fish schooling heavy in the morning and moderately through the day. Walk the dog baits are good.

Keowee is covered in spotted bass. We have had 40 fish days in March and April using spinnerbaits and ned rigs.

Please like and Subcribe!
Ineligible user®

Spent the ENTIRE weekend wondering how KRUNK APM was

Jul 13, 2020, 2:06 PM

Friday: Went to Lidl, bought the cheap alcoholic sparkling water, $0.97 a can.Raspberry is pretty good. Made a delicious key lime pie

Saturday: up early to the non-GOAT county of Lexington for scokker. Was great to get out with the youngsters. Hot af, changed shirts in the middle from sweating. Stopped by Hometeam BBQ, got wangs, brisket, pork, ate at home was delicious af. Watch MLS (*vomit*), saw Chelsea lose.

Sunday: slept in, watched EPL action, watched IndyCar. Cooked supper and make a brownie chocolate/caramel pie. Because I'm dumb, watched MLS again.

a solid 7/10, was ruined a bit because I saw ATL PAW MAN® was getting "krunk" on Bud Light. It's like discovering that the Chicken Curse isn't real. I'm not even mad bro, just dissappointed.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lemme tall ya sumptin Mauldawg, 1)"krunk" is a state of mind

Jul 13, 2020, 3:51 PM

not a state of intoxication, 2) don't judge APM's pool beer. It was delicious for APM. Enjoyed every ice cold sip.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was good

Jul 13, 2020, 5:00 PM

Friday I did some grocery shopping after work, then just kinda chilled

Saturday I went up to Biltmore with TOTE1gf to see the Downtown Abby exhibit and have lunch. Lazy Saturday night

Sunday I packed up my backpacking gear and went to Black Balsam to spend the night. Around 1am the skies cleared and I shot some Milky Way pics

Full of dog poo***

Jul 13, 2020, 5:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 638
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic