Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Stanton Seckinger FB post
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Stanton Seckinger FB post

Sep 6, 2016, 8:15 AM

"It's amazing to hear how many Tiger fans are complaining about Coach Swinney's decision on Saturday. You are complaining about a guy who (not even mentioning him as a person) has had 5 10+ win seasons in the last 5 years, 2x Orange Bowl Champ, Chickfila Bowl Champ, Russell Athletic (Citrus) Bowl Champ, and is also a 2x ACC Champ (still just going off the last 5 years). Not to mention a National Championship appearance. And everyone is in an uproar over one decision that he made on Saturday. Did I mention we won the game? It's absurd to hear what people are saying. I'll defend that man to my grave. 1-0, on to the next one boys."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Stanton Seckinger FB post

Sep 6, 2016, 8:17 AM

Can I get an "Amen"? Spot on from SS.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2016, 8:47 AM

Weighing in and saying you disagree with a decision or a play is fine. But goodness, it simply got so overwhelming because so many folks had to weigh in with about the same comments in about 1000 different posts.

We won...I am happy about that. We saw some really good things from our team on Saturday and I am happy about that. We know our offense is great and will only get better. We know that many of the first game mistakes will go away with more experience and practice. We know this team has great potential. I believe in this team and our coaches.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2016, 8:19 AM

Amen!!!! Couldn't agree more.

You know that guy that sits three rows behind you

Sep 6, 2016, 8:20 AM

that ###### and moans all game long. He has a tigernet handle unfortunately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You know that guy that sits three rows behind you

Sep 6, 2016, 8:28 AM

It's not me....I promise!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 'sits three rows behind you'...

Sep 6, 2016, 10:09 AM [ in reply to You know that guy that sits three rows behind you ]

...whew! THAT was close! Just double checked my tix to make sure that I sit IN the third row of the upper deck, so you're not talking about ME!

That was close!

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Sep 6, 2016, 8:33 AM

unfortunately we have a group of fans, as does every school i guess, that can not wait to pounce on every mistake our coaches or players make, no matter the sport. football, baseball, basketball it does not matter. these sad individuals, most of them who dont even belong to iptay or even go to the games, think they can just sit in front of their 32 inch widescreens and let everyone know the proper way the game and decisions should be made. guess it gives them some sort of feeling of superiority. very sad really.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stanton Seckinger FB post- not even mistakes

Sep 6, 2016, 8:52 AM

jst every play that isnt a TD leading to a blow out win. unrealistic expectations

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2016, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Stanton Seckinger FB post ]

Whew - thank goodness my TV is 55". I haven't had a 32" TV since the 90's. Do they still make those?

JK.

Sep 6, 2016, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: Stanton Seckinger FB post ]

don't attend games and only a 32" TV?? Sounds like it does get worse than the UDPs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Sep 6, 2016, 8:57 AM

Ok !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Underrated post. Wish I could upvote more than once.

Sep 6, 2016, 9:23 AM

It's the whiny t-net ######## that give regular fans a bad rep. Yep, I said it.

Just win baby!

Lol lost me at "Citrus" Bowl

Sep 6, 2016, 9:27 AM

Good grief. Even Saban and Belichick occasionally make

Sep 6, 2016, 9:30 AM

mistakes. Saying Dabo screwed up isn't saying that he isn't a tremendous coach that we are fortunate to have coaching our team. The notion that ANYONE is above questioning is just preposterous.

^ this

Sep 6, 2016, 9:31 AM

Bingo! No doubt Dabo is the best thing that's happened to Clemson since Danny Ford

Sep 6, 2016, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Good grief. Even Saban and Belichick occasionally make ]

but that doesn't mean you have to agree with every decison he makes. Bottom line is we won which a lot of ranked teams didn't do this past weekend. Now we have a couple of tune up games before the conference schedule gets here.

You know there have been many that have more than just

Sep 6, 2016, 10:16 AM [ in reply to Good grief. Even Saban and Belichick occasionally make ]

"questioned" the decision.

That was probably the G rated version of what Seck or many would like to say, I know I witnessed a complete fucking imbecile try to equate the decision to driving drunk and by chance making it home safely when ~10,000 people die to alcohol related motor vehicle accidents each year.

At what lengths do some of the ####### idiots go?

I don't have a G rated response to the stupidity I've seen and that's just here.

It's one thing to say, I'd have kicked it or other and keep it at that level, it's completely another to have gone to the lengths some have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol. OK, even I will give you a point for that.***

Sep 6, 2016, 10:29 AM

haha, thanks and though we might not always agree, you've

Sep 6, 2016, 10:35 AM

always seemed to keep your head about you, which is a good thing. some people, i hope they know whom they are, could take a lesson from you.

And FWIW i was in no way equating Dabo's decision to

Sep 6, 2016, 10:36 AM [ in reply to You know there have been many that have more than just ]

drunk driving in that analogy. I was saying that the results should never justify the decision. Driving intoxicated is never a good decision regardless of the outcome. Making a really stupid all-in call in poker and then getting bailed out by the river card doesn't make it a good decision. Decisions should be evaluated based on the process which they were reached and the information that was available at the time they were made - not the results. That's the only point i was trying to make.

STS fodder, because I wasn't referring to you, rather some1

Sep 6, 2016, 10:45 AM

else, but it's usually where a lot the wildest, most absurd Clemson/Dabo antitheticals spawn?

And no, it's a stupid analogy, timing, casaulity, correlation, the mass & resulting gravity of the two, not even mentioning the possible other outcomes and I'm not simply referring to statistical relationship of those words.

People go to lengths that bottle the mind.

As far as the decision, his was absolutely based on the information at hand and proven correct by the outcome. There was no blind draw or hope and a prayer, that's more silliness.

It's not that difficult unless you're emotionally encumbered by the choice.

Re: Good grief. Even Saban and Belichick occasionally make

Sep 6, 2016, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Good grief. Even Saban and Belichick occasionally make ]

wonder if winning the game matters to some?? for some ungodly reason, its not if you win but how you win. must have been fsu plan to come back from 22 down. if you think about it, what a wonderful way to disguise your gameplan. get down as far as you can and then storm back to impress voters. maybe we should do that?? that way, we showcase our bevy of talent. these defensive ballgames don't add any benefit to our schedule or dabos ability to call a game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Comes down to money for a lot of Tiger fans who bet on game

Sep 6, 2016, 9:52 AM

at the sports bar where I watched game, that "cost me a lot of money" left them very angry at Dabo.
In addition, the play run instead, did not seem to be a good one to make first down. I am just glad I don't bet, but I do think it could have been another reason for Jumbo blockers! However, I am glad the d looked so good. O will came around and with good D, Tigers will roar through the season again!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2016, 10:38 AM

True! Very true. Just sit back, pull your panties out of your vag and let the master work. Zero stress here.
GO TIGERS !!

Sep 6, 2016, 10:38 AM

True! Very true. Just sit back, pull your panties out of your vag and let the master work. Zero stress here.
GO TIGERS !!

It's OK to say - "You know, we should have run out the clock

Sep 6, 2016, 10:57 AM

at the end of the Auburn game."

And then to say, "I wouldn't trade Dabo for any coach in the country."

Both statements are true...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic