Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I haven't been here in a while, so here goes...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

I haven't been here in a while, so here goes...

Jun 4, 2019, 11:28 PM

I believe most Netters know that I am in the battle of my life against cancer. The battle had begun with immunotheraphy and chemo back in July 2017 aand later continued with just the immunotheraphy late October 2017 until kinda late April/May 2018 when scans showed a progression in my disease(tumor enlargement to some degree).

It hAd progressed outside my left lung into an area called the peritoneum which is the lining that encapsulated just about all the internal organs--kidneys, spleen, pancreas, colon, intestines, bladder, and others. Peritoneum cancer nusually comes from diseased organs inside the space. My pogression showed no discernable disease there, so we are wondering what has caused this. Survival rates for this probression usually haas a range of 3%- to 29%.

My oncologist began me on a combination steriods to 6 weeks to see if it may have been infectious, but to no avail, so we know it is the real deal, and a new round of chemo was prescribed.

Well, this "STUFF" was paramount to injecting NAPALM into me and I felt I was on the brink of death for 20 of the 21 days it was in me. We definitely decided against a second round of this due to its extreme toxiccity. The treatment was worse than the actual possible postive effect. So....we stated looking at PALLIATIVE CARE, a pretty good option. But Palliative care ony will come out and treat unsusal circumstances, whereas HOPSPICE can be there 24/7/365, and will do everything necessary to keep you in a comfortable state but as a last resort re-locate you to a facility if you desire. They also supply any and all supplies, meds, support equipment so the patient doesn't have those worries and maintain the option to remain home.

Sandy and I feel really good about this because: 1. The Good Lord will take care of us, 2. We have so much support from all our Families--TNet, Church, our own families, Wells Fargo Championship, 3. Other churches in our area having us on their prayer lists, and Lord only knows whom else.

God's richest blessing to all of you as we advance forward. We know what the outcome will be-- whenever it comes-- and we are 110% all in. Just count each day as a blessing you have and use it to be a blessing to someone else.

We Love You All!!!!!!

Ron and Sandy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God bless you and your wife.

Jun 4, 2019, 11:32 PM

50 I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.”[a]

“Where, O death, is your victory?
Where, O death, is your sting?”

Re: God bless you and your wife.

Jun 5, 2019, 11:38 AM

You will be in my prayers.

Re: I haven't been here in a while, so here goes...

Jun 4, 2019, 11:44 PM

Thanks for the update 71PR. Continued prayers for you and your wife. I pray that healing may occur but also for peace and comfort for both of you during this time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Prayers Up for both of you . . .

Jun 4, 2019, 11:48 PM

Thanks for checking in . . . You are in great hands . . . Holding you both warmly

Chin up Tiger . . . You are Loved!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 4, 2019, 11:57 PM

Praying for you guys and your medical team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you

Jun 4, 2019, 11:57 PM

Thank you for sharing with us. Your positive attitude and humble faith are inspiring to me. You are on my prayer list as well.

Jun 5, 2019, 12:30 AM

Many prayers are going up for you and your family - 71PR !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jun 5, 2019, 12:51 AM

We will continue to pray for you and your family! We love you an your family. Thank you for sharing the wisdom we say sometimes but we understand the view of living life to the fullest but your words touch me to the point that I must face the challenge of living life to the fullest each day with gratitude for each an every moment.

Thank you for letting us know and letting your light shine brightly to all of us. We will all be together soon enough and my prayer is that each an every person here would know Jesus as their Lord and Savior so we may all have a celebration like no other forever without, pain, fear, sorrow or hunger. I look forward to that forever celebration!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jun 5, 2019, 1:37 AM

Glad to hear from you 71 ... keep fighting brother !!!!

DB23

God bless you Ron and Sandy.. never give up!***

Jun 5, 2019, 1:42 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 2:06 AM

May the Lord keep and protect you. May He shine His face upon you. And may His mercy, grace, and love astound you. I am praying for you and your wife and those who love you. May the Lord bring healing and peace. Amen

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You both remain in prayers! This is a brace, honest and

Jun 5, 2019, 3:30 AM

well put post! God bless you and just know our church will put you on the prayer list. I agree with the info provided regarding Hospice.
One of sisters used to work there as a paid employee who arranged and coordinated benefits and volunteers. It was an emotionally draining job but she poured her heart into it and shared many awesome stories that really touched our hearts.
Stay strong and positive and win this fight! God is omnipotent and he can't fail when you call on Him. Blessings, thoughts and prayers for both of you!

Ron, you know that you and Sandy are in my prayers and

Jun 5, 2019, 4:45 AM

best wishes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 6:05 AM

My deepest prayers are with you, your wife Sandy, your family and friends. This journey is something we can prepare for, but no one wants to have to make these decisions. I know through prayer and your family you reached a decision that is right for you. Hospice (and there are many) are lifesavers for family and the sick party. We recently went through this with my mother-in-Law and they brought and provided EVERYTHING that was needed including special betting that let’s air flow through, brought prescriptions to the house.. I could go on and on. God bless you and may you once again by the Grace of God find you pain free

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Ron and Sandy -

Jun 5, 2019, 6:39 AM

I don't know if you're aware what an inspiration you are to so many, but it is the truth. Your story will undoubtedly bring hope, wisdom and focus to great numbers who see, hear and share it.

All of us have one thing in common; we walk through this life temporarily. If we can do so with an appreciation of how precious each day is, we bring glory not to ourselves but to Him and the eternal life He offers those who believe with true hearts.

What better purpose can we have than to love, comfort, care and pray for each other?

From our family to you and yours, we send our love and lift you up in prayer.

Re: Prayers sent**

Jun 5, 2019, 6:42 AM

nm

the lord has got you,never give up***

Jun 5, 2019, 7:06 AM

Prayers sent!***

Jun 5, 2019, 7:18 AM

Jun 5, 2019, 7:55 AM

Your words an attitude towards this battle are inspiring. Praying for you and your family. Your words brought the Natalie Grant song to mind, “More Than Anything.” I have a feeling you know it but if not check it out. Here’s the chorus and your attitude brought the first line to mind.

Help me want the healer more than the healing
Help me want the savior more than the saving
Help me want the giver more than the giving
Oh help me want you Jesus more than anything

God Bless You!

Thx RON for the shout-out & appreciated update...

Jun 5, 2019, 8:37 AM

and letting me know that my petty health troubles are just that..and that many others in this world are in the real Fight of their lives.

I admire how you use the word WE in your process and also that you know that the final outcome will be Eternal Life.

Thinking of & praying for You & your Entire Family!

Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May the Lord bless you and continue to give you comfort***

Jun 5, 2019, 8:30 AM

Praying for you and your wife; you guys are the best***

Jun 5, 2019, 8:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

prayers your way

Jun 5, 2019, 8:46 AM

For you to be going through so much and yet still have the faith you have is very encouraging for a young adult such as myself. I hope that I can one day be as faithful as you if I ever face anything as daunting as your facing.

God Bless Ron and Sandy!

Jun 5, 2019, 8:56 AM

What a great message to all of us. Thank you for that. May God always bless you and your family!

Jun 5, 2019, 9:34 AM

Amen! Thanks for the update. May the grace, peace and comfort of God be with you and your family!

May God Bless you and your family! Tough place to be, but

Jun 5, 2019, 9:38 AM

Glad to see you have the love and support of so many.

Keep fighting 71.

Jun 5, 2019, 9:39 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Praying for y'all. ***

Jun 5, 2019, 9:40 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 9:46 AM

That is an amazing tale Ron. To have the faith and courage to face up to such adversity, well I cannot find the words to fully explain my admiration for you.

God bless you, and I will add you to my prayers, and hope that you are granted the strength to keep battling, and the serenity to continue to face your illness with such dignity.

Jun 5, 2019, 9:47 AM

Ron ... you are an incredible person and exemplify what it means to be a Clemson man. You have everything in perspective and your priorities are all in the right place. I will keep you and Sandy in my prayers.

God Bless and our prayers are with you and your wife

Jun 5, 2019, 10:05 AM

I work for Genentech, Inc. which has a number of cancer drugs

You may want to search their site for information, etc. www.gene.com

PATIENT RESOURCE CENTER
Our patient resource center is dedicated to getting patients and caregivers to the right resources.

1 (877) GENENTECH (436-3683)
Monday-Friday, 6am-5pm PST

You may also want to check out this site

https://www.foundationmedicine.com/

KEEP THE FAITH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 10:06 AM

You are strong. It makes me happy to hear that your relationship with God is firm. I will be praying nonetheless, but what a blessing to have so many that care for you.

Jun 5, 2019, 10:28 AM

Praises for you. You are so richly blessed!

I will be praying for you. A lot of good folks here on

Jun 5, 2019, 11:00 AM

Tigernet are thinking of you.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Jun 5, 2019, 11:18 AM

A sobering post. To all, cherish the days. God bless.

We will all face it someday, but as someone already posted, "O death, where is thy sting?"

Jun 5, 2019, 11:26 AM

71PR----I'm usually not one short of words but can never find words to express my feelings in a situation you have endured. Thank you for the words and examples of courage you have shown to each one of us during your ordeal. You have shown us the importance of those things in our everyday life that we so often ignore. Your faith shines through like the dawn of a new day, a faith that has and will continue to sustain you. My prayers ask for peace for both you and your loved ones. Please count me among the many who love you.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 11:35 AM

Prayers of Peace, Healing, Comfort and Blessings to you and your Family!

You know, somebody has to be that “3-29%”

Jun 5, 2019, 11:45 AM

Jun 5, 2019, 11:47 AM

I sent you a private T-Mail.

Fight like a Tiger 71PR. Our prayers are with you.***

Jun 5, 2019, 5:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 5, 2019, 5:38 PM

71, I will pray for you daily.
I will pray that your troubles have not come to stay
but they have come to pass.
Good mojo all your way!

Jun 5, 2019, 5:57 PM

Thanks for sharing your story and encouragement. Point for you

Jun 5, 2019, 6:08 PM

71PR, Praying for you, your wife,loved ones as well as the hospice group.
Hang tough...The TIGERS want you around for another National Championship!

Praying for you***

Jun 5, 2019, 6:31 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Jun 5, 2019, 6:33 PM

I pray God's blessings and healings upon you both!!! Love and prayers!!!!

Jun 5, 2019, 6:49 PM

Praying for peace and comfort for you and your entire family !

Jun 5, 2019, 6:55 PM

Praying for you and your family. Keep the faith my friend.

Jun 5, 2019, 8:35 PM

Ron,

I pray for you, Sandy as well as your the rest of your Family everyday. I hope to be up your way in the next few weeks. If you are up to it maybe we can go to lunch or dinner.

Your Faith has been such an inspiration and blessing to me and I am sure to many others.

Sorry you are having such a difficult time with your treatment. I sincerely hope that your day’s going forward are much better. You are a hero in my opinion. Your post are always positive and uplifting. Your attitude is so positive and encouraging.Thank you for sharing this latest post.

May God Bless you and Sandy each day.

Your Tigernet Friend,

wueagle86

Jun 5, 2019, 9:01 PM

Have continued to pray for you and your loved ones. Thanks for the inspiration that you are to myself and many others. You are Loved my brother in Christ.

Jun 5, 2019, 8:47 PM

God bless, you and your family are in my prayers.

Jun 5, 2019, 8:58 PM

Comfort to you my friend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God bless you***

Jun 5, 2019, 9:16 PM

Jun 5, 2019, 9:55 PM

God be with you during this trying time with your health.

Jun 5, 2019, 10:01 PM

Ron and Sandy our family will be lifting you up in prayer. You are living your life of faith with a warriors strength and it's inspiring! Our God is a God of miracles and I have been blessed to see many in my life! (Constantly) Speak it and claim in the name of Jesus Christ!

May God give you peace beyond all understanding and heal you from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet!

Isaiah 53:5
But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed

Love you both - Bill, Samantha and family

https://youtu.be/B6fA35Ved-Y

Jun 5, 2019, 10:21 PM

Prayers sent brother!

Jun 5, 2019, 10:48 PM

Continuing to pray for you during this difficult time Ron. I have so much admiration for your incredible faith and courage, and I pray that God will bless you and Sandy in the days to come. We love you Tiger.

Jun 5, 2019, 11:16 PM

I obviously don’t know you personally, but I am very sorry your cancer has not responded to treatment. You are a strong person of faith and display a lot more courage than I believe I would have. Your faith has inspired me, and am sure many others. Prayers and love to you and your family.

God bless you and your Family.

Jun 5, 2019, 11:21 PM

Godspeed brother.

Jun 6, 2019, 12:15 AM

God Bless

Jun 6, 2019, 12:31 AM

I thought I had a rough day today 71. I feel so humbled by your post, words are just cheap right now.

We love you too and will be thinking and praying for you and your family.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 6, 2019, 10:34 AM

Ron and Sandy, For His eye is on the sparrow so I know He watches you!

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic