Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia is not a top 10 team
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Georgia is not a top 10 team

Nov 10, 2019, 3:26 PM

You can't lose to the coots and be ranked that high. However I would love to be able to kick the ever living #### out of those mutts but they don't deserve being any where near a playoff spot.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Georgia is not a top 10 team

Nov 10, 2019, 3:37 PM

Coots were favored in their last 3 games and only beat one of the teams, a hapless Vandy. But if the Coots are still being propped up as a tough team ( eye test ), then it's better for us when we beat them. With SOS now being important I'd hate to think that the rest of college football will finally catch on that the Coots suck as much as we know they do. But they can all be our guest to keep sunshine pumping Georgia if it helps us in the end.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 3:41 PM

All this is , is they want to make sure a one loss SEC team gets in. We know the SECCG will eliminate one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 3:39 PM

A lot of anger about Georgia on here today.

Nov 10, 2019, 3:46 PM

Hey Dawg, how does your team get ranked that high with a loss to the coots and Clemson has no losses. Explain to me there is no SEC bias !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 3:51 PM

And dawg dont say SEC is harder. The SEC least only has 2 teams with winning records so except a win over an over rated Florida and Notre Dame is all you got. Oh and a loss to a coot team that just lost to app state.

Nov 10, 2019, 4:10 PM

You may not like it but Georgia is a Top 10 team...just check. People posted on here about how Notre Dame would beat UGA. They didn't and suddenly ND was overrated. Same with Top 10 Florida. Now I'm reading here how Auburn will win by double digits. The never ending narrative here: Georgia's loss to SC is bad and their wins aren't any good and
anyone who doesn't agree with that is bias.

As for the SEC, it is harder. Clemson is the best in the ACC and would probably be the best in the SEC. Georgia, Florida, Bama, LSU, and Auburn are better than anyone in the ACC not called Clemson.

Finally, why are you guys so concerned with where UGA is ranked or any SEC team for that matter? I read all the time here about how overrated the SEC teams are. I'd think you guys would want to see as many SEC teams in the playoffs as possible.

Nov 10, 2019, 4:58 PM

Because if we lose to the coots we would drop out of the top 20. It's media bs when you get punished for winning by 1 on the road against the team that beat who you lost to at home. That is where my beef is. I don't really care if your team gets in or not. We will beat whoever we play.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 10, 2019, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia is not a top 10 team ]

All those teams you mention as being a reason for UGA being worth a crap are pointless. None of them have beaten a true ranked team, and beating an Auburn or Florida team that is ranked but beaten nobody does not count. So YES - UGA, UF, Auburn, and ND are all over-rated. It won't be revealed until post-season like last year when little ol' Texas beat the crap out of UGA in the bowl game.

If you watch these teams play, you'd know SEC teams are so over-rated it's pathetic. Only their daddy was any good, and their daddy got his brains beat out in January in the NCG. Only then could some people, not the SEC homers, started seeing how over-rated the SEC is in general.

Reality will set in soon. The SEC daddy is crying in his beer right now. The others will soon follow.

Nov 10, 2019, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia is not a top 10 team ]

I think the anger is more about the committee and their bias and rigging of polls.

Nov 10, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia is not a top 10 team ]

Anger??? Why should we be angry? You really havent done anything, so why be angry?

Read the Georgia sites...

Nov 10, 2019, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Georgia is not a top 10 team ]

...a lot more anger about your football program than you will find here.

Re: Read the Georgia sites...

Nov 10, 2019, 4:17 PM

What sites would those be? Nothing like that on Dawgnation or SEC Rant. You know what else they aren't talking non-stop about (or at all)? Where Clemson is ranked or conspiracies involving ESPN, the SEC, Paul Finebaum, and now the college football playoff committee.

Nov 10, 2019, 5:08 PM

"You know what else they aren't talking non-stop about (or at all)? " - The reason for that is that UGA does not want to even mention anything about that loss, as the CFPC has somehow overlooked that loss and ranked UGA very high. If it starts being discussed, UGA might not be in the Top 25.

Nov 10, 2019, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Read the Georgia sites... ]

Know what else they aren’t talking about.... Georgia championships of any kind and they certainly won’t be talking about it after this year.

Nov 10, 2019, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Read the Georgia sites... ]

LOL. I bet you haven't heard the booing in your own stadium either.

Your offense is hopelessly stuck in 1980.

Nov 10, 2019, 3:46 PM

The loss hurts but they have very impressive wins. Much more so than Bama

Nov 10, 2019, 4:20 PM

Yeah they are and only idiots think they arent. We could have lost to UNC. Georgia is a lock for a top 10 team. Teams have bad days. We lost a joke of a game and were in the National Title.

Nov 10, 2019, 4:54 PM

I've got some beach property I want to sell you Dawg but you only see it on low tide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually, I think Georgia is a Top 10 team, but not a CFP...

Nov 10, 2019, 5:01 PM

...team.

It's a moot point - they will lose to LSU in the SEC title game. Then the argument becomes: Will Alabama be put in the playoff AGAIN after not playing in a conference title game?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither is Alabama.

Nov 10, 2019, 5:23 PM

Alabama's secondary gives it up like a crackho.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic