Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
GeeZ..the Oscar's was so full of political & racial advice to us viewers that I may
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

GeeZ..the Oscar's was so full of political & racial advice to us viewers that I may

Feb 29, 2016, 7:30 AM

NOT go out to see a single film they were pushing ...and I am a pretty avid film buff, attending last months Beaufort International Film Festival for 4 days costing almost $200.

Between Rock & Biden and others..I felt I had discrimated against or raped somebody..while I only wanted to see a show awarding a little bronze statue to creative people..ACTORS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bill, I felt the same...it was disgusting! I thought it....

Feb 29, 2016, 7:55 AM

would never end.....and it didn't until the show was over.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A bunch of actors, that are in the top 1% of resource users

Feb 29, 2016, 8:58 AM

on the planet bloviating about minor problems and small issues, while the real threats and dangers to the world are never mentioned.

I read an article that stated that the Hollywood elite use more carbon per person than the entire island of Samoa.

Why were they not up there ranting against workers rights in China or Chinese carbon emissions? What about Putin turning into the next Hitler and reigniting the cold war.

What about the 1000 pound Gorilla in the room,..the spread of Muslim extremism across the world and the misery, death and destruction that has brought?

Hypocritical Ivory tower elitist.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Ed Zachary.***

Feb 29, 2016, 9:40 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The US and NATO reignited the Cold War back in the 90's...

Feb 29, 2016, 5:57 PM [ in reply to A bunch of actors, that are in the top 1% of resource users ]

During Bill Clinton's time and has been continued through W Bush and Obama. Putin ain't another Hitler, Putin has been in power as long as Hitler was when he took his life. About the same amount of time in power, and there have been zero wars started by Putin to take over the world and he hasn't committed genocide against Jews.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GeeZ..the Oscar's was so full of political & racial advice to us viewers that I may

Feb 29, 2016, 8:16 AM

Keep coming down to Beaufort, love having you guys.

You're a better person than me, I can't watch all those pansy-pants (said in a non-homophobic manner).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: GeeZ..the Oscar's was so full of political & racial advice to us viewers that I may

Feb 29, 2016, 8:42 AM

really enjoyed Leo's speech

Feb 29, 2016, 8:50 AM

If you feel that way, it's your own fault. Comedy is comedy, and parts of last night's routine were just hilarious.

Feb 29, 2016, 4:56 PM

But yet if a white guy was hosting and trying to be funny like that.
It would be the end of the world and the riots would begin.

Feb 29, 2016, 8:55 AM

Racist comments preached to a bunch of liberals....now that's a head-scratcher! You couldn't pay me enough to waste my time on that foolishness. Watching a block of ice melt is much more productive!!!

Just like politics

Feb 29, 2016, 9:24 AM

the "Oscars" are among the last of the White Anglo Saxon Protestants trying to hold on to power.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just like politics

Feb 29, 2016, 11:14 PM

You must be joking 6tiger9. The American film industry is a Jewish enclave and has been since its inception. It wields a tremendous amount of influence over American politics and culture.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed - It was an offensive, disgusting load of horseshite.

Feb 29, 2016, 9:38 AM

Does racism still exist? Of course it does, and it should be pulled out by the roots wherever it is discovered. Is racism the reason so few African-Americans were nominated for Oscars? Give me a ### break. These are people who see racism everywhere, and use it as an excuse for their own personal shortcomings. That would just be sad for them, but the problem is that it wrongly demonizes a whole other group of completely innocent people. The really sad thing is that not only do the alleged guilty parties fail to challenge such a ridiculous, unfounded accusation, they actually hang their heads in fear and go along with the whole thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Morans are becoming irrelevant

Feb 29, 2016, 10:44 AM

http://deadline.com/2016/02/oscars-tv-ratings-2106-viewers-chris-rock-abc-1201711309/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Oscar's are nothing more than....

Feb 29, 2016, 10:58 AM

an opportunity for the rich and famous to parade their wealth and status. Who cares?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: GeeZ..the Oscar's: Thank You DirecTV for DVR

Feb 29, 2016, 11:29 AM

While I MAY watch it, my finger will be poised on the FF trigger!

Thanks for the heads up, Bill!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Feb 29, 2016, 12:22 PM

White people....smh.

Raicsm on display..right here.***

Feb 29, 2016, 3:31 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Feb 29, 2016, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: GeeZ..the Oscar's was so full of political & racial advice to us viewers that I may ]

No it's not the white peeps that's the problem SMFH

Feb 29, 2016, 3:51 PM

All of them bitching about climate change right before they hop on their private jets to go back home.

typical libs.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Feb 29, 2016, 4:08 PM

I tune into the Oscar's to see what movies are out there that maybe I should catch. I tune in to see what everyone is wearing....or in some cases not wearing. I don't tune in for political and social agendas. Not just this year.....but many years on this show.....we see celebrities get onstage and push some agenda. It gets old. Which is one reason why the ratings for the Oscar's were down last year and were down even further this year.

I'm with you LBB. I don't believe I've ever seen

Feb 29, 2016, 4:45 PM

hypocrisy as personified as it was last night in what little bit of the Oscar's I could stand to watch.

FWIW, I got a "G-box" off of Amazon, so I don't have to spend $15 (for just the ticket) to go see the latest movie at the theater. Doesn't work perfectly all the time, but I can usually watch a new release (as in the movie is still in theaters) within 2 weeks of its release. All you need is a wifi connection, the "G-box", and you're good to go. Quality of the upload varies from movie to movie. However, I can tell you that I watched "Martian" 16 days after it opened in theaters in basically HD clarity.

I believe I paid $150 or so for the "G-box", but it has more than paid for itself in the amount of $15 tickets I haven't had to pay for. Better yet, I can watch whatever new movie I want in the comfort of my own home. I watched "Ex Machina" and "The Revenant" within a week of their respective releases in fairly high quality.....not HD, but not so bad I couldn't stand to watch it.

I'm not exactly sure what legal loophole the "G-box" uses to get away with getting all the movies early, but I'm happy they haven't closed it yet! ;) Makes me feel about as bad as downloading a new album from some multimillionaire musician that portrays themselves as having the answer to the worlds problems as they fly around in their private jet.

out of curiosity, why did you guy the G-box?

Feb 29, 2016, 5:00 PM

Could have just gotten a fire TV for $35 and sideloaded Kodi to it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be honest, I didn't realize "Fire" would do

Feb 29, 2016, 5:07 PM

the same thing. Had 0 idea Kodi was just software when I initially ordered the "G-box". I'll Tmail you for any IT related issues in the future though! TU!

either way, long as it's working for you, enjoy***

Feb 29, 2016, 5:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How BORED were you Bill, to watch Elitist, LIBERALS

Feb 29, 2016, 5:25 PM

Displaying their NARCISSISTIC ways? Watching a dog
chasing his tail for 4 hours would be a better option!

Mispelled Obed? Meant to respond to OP? Ohhhhh....

Feb 29, 2016, 5:41 PM

OBED is LBB's other handle.....or just a Tnet fail? ;)

YOu caUgHt mE.***

Feb 29, 2016, 5:53 PM

I knew it!

Feb 29, 2016, 7:57 PM

;) Hope all's well LBB!

Re: I'm with you LBB. I don't believe I've ever seen

Feb 29, 2016, 8:24 PM [ in reply to I'm with you LBB. I don't believe I've ever seen ]

$150!?! Dude you could have gotten an Amazon Fire Stick for $40 and gotten the same feature.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

It's "no country for old men," and never will be again.***

Feb 29, 2016, 5:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cry me a river...

Feb 29, 2016, 6:00 PM

The Oscars are extremely boring and picks winners from movies nobody will be watching 10-20 years from now. Last time I watched was when they screwed Mickey Rourke out of winning best actor.

Mickey Rourke in "The Wrestler"

Feb 29, 2016, 8:17 PM

One of the most overrated movies in recent time in my opinion. His performance was good, but not Oscar worthy.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Feb 29, 2016, 9:12 PM

why are U watching that GARBAGE???????????????????????????????????????????????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic