Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Funny stuff on the Guillermo/Pagano fisticuffs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 96
| visibility 1

Funny stuff on the Guillermo/Pagano fisticuffs

Aug 8, 2016, 5:11 PM

In case you didn't see, center Jay Guillermo is out for a few days with a concussion and a nasty gash under his eye. In practice on Friday, Guillermo and DT Scott Pagano had a heated exchange, and what I heard happened was from someone who was there, and it was comical....

"So Jay and Scott got into it, and Pagano ripped Jay's helmet off. And then in the same motion Pagano did a Samoan hook and wham!! came right now in Jay's face. It was nasty."

I talked to Tyrone Crowder, and he laughed about it. He said he didn't see it, just saw Guillermo's helmet fly and then heard Jay yelling. Crowder and Pagano are roommates, and he said all is good. Just early camp tension

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pagano

Aug 8, 2016, 5:19 PM

is going to be one tough mutha

I'm excited to see him play this season.

Jay is going to be the best C in the nation. After blocking those guys in practice he could be easily be a 2nd round pick or better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pagano

Aug 8, 2016, 5:41 PM

Pretty much self preservation 101...

Never pick a fight with a Somoan.

I played Rugby with a group of them once upon a time and they are some tough cookies.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pagano

Aug 8, 2016, 5:54 PM

While he looks like a Native Pacific Islander he said in an article last season he was actually part African American and part Itallian.

Nothing about him is Samoan

Aug 8, 2016, 6:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Pagano ]

He is Italian.

Italians are the toughest, meanest Samoans of all.***

Aug 8, 2016, 6:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Even Paganollele is going to laugh at that one!***

Aug 8, 2016, 8:39 PM

I heard he is 50/50

Aug 8, 2016, 10:26 PM [ in reply to Nothing about him is Samoan ]

Samoan and Italian .

They're called Samolians .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: I heard he is 50/50

Aug 8, 2016, 10:55 PM

You win the internets for the day! LOL

If he ain't 110%, he better not touch our #### rock!!***

Aug 10, 2016, 1:18 AM [ in reply to I heard he is 50/50 ]

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Dabo to respond per next interview.....***

Aug 8, 2016, 5:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny stuff on the Guillermo/Pagano fisticuffs

Aug 8, 2016, 6:16 PM

Hold up on that car wash Scott. The Plains dude. The Plains. Let it all out down there.

Aug 8, 2016, 8:50 PM
samoan.jpg(15.2 K)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I made my best friends out if strangers I fought.

Aug 8, 2016, 6:29 PM

Guys like to get rid of tension and get all the social crap out of the way. I predict these guys will be best of friends, henceforth.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "Hawaiian Sling" -***

Aug 8, 2016, 6:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What would you say if that cheap shot was to Watson's face?***

Aug 8, 2016, 7:41 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What would you say if that cheap shot was to Watson's face?***

Aug 8, 2016, 7:54 PM

Duck?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good one!***

Aug 8, 2016, 8:19 PM

Why was it a cheap shot. They got in a scrap.***

Aug 8, 2016, 8:40 PM [ in reply to What would you say if that cheap shot was to Watson's face?*** ]

It was a cheap shot because, seriously,

Aug 8, 2016, 8:44 PM

who could defend such a thing?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could defend what? Gettting in a fight? At football practice***

Aug 8, 2016, 8:57 PM

A Samoan hook....Chuck Norris couldn't defend

Aug 8, 2016, 10:06 PM

that's not even fair.

Okay. I was afraid you were against getting after it!***

Aug 8, 2016, 11:12 PM

I don't mind a little tussle. Bring'em on!!

Aug 9, 2016, 12:11 AM

Allbarn won't be ready. We'll be a mean bunch come September.

"It's a fight! So whatever happens, happens." - Mike Tyson***

Aug 9, 2016, 3:26 PM [ in reply to It was a cheap shot because, seriously, ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whathever happenths happenths.... *correction.

Aug 11, 2016, 8:47 AM

I got your back.

Aug 8, 2016, 8:04 PM

Hope it's all over. Now's the time to channel it to Aubie.

Can't help but remember the old NWA Samoans such as Jimmy "Superfly" Snooka. Those are some tough dudes

Aug 8, 2016, 9:00 PM

Well that sucks...I know tensions boil over in camp, but we've lost our starting center for probably a week or so because of a fight? Hopefully this doesn't have any kind of lasting effect.

Aug 8, 2016, 9:04 PM

I hope the concussion was not a result of the fight. Has it been confirmed? Will he really be out a week? Any time away from pratice because of a fight is not cool. Both need to get their head on straight.

Aug 8, 2016, 10:13 PM

Well I'd assume the two are related. I would expect him out for a week or maybe even two if he does in fact have a concussion.

Aug 8, 2016, 9:02 PM

Absolutely STUPID! I appreciate the intensity, but there is no justification for punching a teammate in the face, especially to the point of giving your teammate a concussion by punch him. Concussions can come easier the more you get and can be carrier ending, plus it takes away practice time for the starting center.

Samoan lives matter.***

Aug 8, 2016, 9:02 PM

Not funny. Don't need self-inflicted injuries***

Aug 8, 2016, 9:42 PM

Aug 8, 2016, 10:15 PM

I'm surprised Hood is making light of this. Of our starting center is out for a week because he got punched by a teammate, that's not really funny. It's bad for the team. Bad is not funny. Unless it's SC. Then it's funny.

Aug 8, 2016, 10:16 PM

> I'm surprised Hood is making light of this. Of our
> starting center is out for a week because he got
> punched by a teammate, that's not really funny. It's
> bad for the team. Bad is not funny. Unless it's SC.
> Then it's funny.

*if

if what?***

Aug 8, 2016, 10:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: if what?***

Aug 8, 2016, 10:27 PM

Typo. I meant to type "if", not "of". Sorry for the inconvenience.

Aug 9, 2016, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Re: Funny stuff on the Guillermo/Pagano fisticuffs ]

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

Aug 9, 2016, 7:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Funny stuff on the Guillermo/Pagano fisticuffs ]

Someone has never played a competitive sport.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 9, 2016, 10:13 AM

That, or maybe he doesn't see the humor in our starting center having a concussion a few weeks before the season begins.

h yeah concussions and eye gases from teammates

Aug 8, 2016, 10:17 PM

endangering their seasons. sounds really hilarious

Are there any real men left?***

Aug 8, 2016, 10:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

real men clock teammates

Aug 8, 2016, 10:22 PM

and give them concussions!

Maybe, but I'm sure that real men don't cry about other men

Aug 8, 2016, 10:29 PM

fighting, on a message bored.

What if it was allergies? My eyes get watery with allergies.

Aug 9, 2016, 1:00 PM

Are you making fun of my allergies? Are you an anti-allergite?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Let me guess

Aug 8, 2016, 11:22 PM [ in reply to h yeah concussions and eye gases from teammates ]

You're the guy always talking about tennis on here.

Re: Let me guess

Aug 9, 2016, 10:03 AM

Fights happen in football camp. Always have always will. Grown men working their a$$ off are going to get mad at one another every now and then. Tennis is too proper to know this.

Re: h yeah concussions and eye gases from teammates

Aug 9, 2016, 10:24 AM [ in reply to h yeah concussions and eye gases from teammates ]

Stick to your non contact sports like tennis just the t_i_p.

You obviously can't fathom the physical nature/mentality of playing in the trenches....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Phrasing!

Aug 8, 2016, 10:22 PM

He "came right now in Jay's face"? This is how rumors start David Hood.

I blame recruiting

Aug 8, 2016, 11:06 PM

We need a thug center who'll hid brass knuckles in his jock strap.

maybe hood could write an article about it.

I like your funny words magic man

I wonder if there was a penalty and ejacualtion***

Aug 9, 2016, 7:08 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Aug 9, 2016, 7:33 AM

funny story david. when my son was a senior at york years ago we were at camp at wingate. 8 teams there. hot as he!!. york was scrimmaging mighty summerville. york was very good but way outmanned and outnumbered by summerville. it was the 2nd time in a row york had been on field. no breaks. york ran one play, then came back to the huddle. oline coach looks at my sons buddy and says " start a fight" after this play. he did, and it was on. very nice "football" brawl. was told afterwards it was planned. i just laughed. nothing wrong with the guys mixing it up. after the fight, the 2 teams went after it hard and was a good scrimmage.

Aug 9, 2016, 9:44 AM

I still remember Pagano's highlight tape. He drug a kid a couple yards by his face mask after making a tackle. He's gotta mean streak in him...

Thanks dhood & it appears Tigernet camp is heating...

Aug 9, 2016, 10:45 AM

up as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why didn't we ever do that to Steve Tanneyhill?***

Aug 9, 2016, 1:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

It is part of the uniform, but that's pretty tasteless, guy.

Aug 9, 2016, 1:56 PM

;)

Spit-balling here of course, but maybe some of the girls in this thread should go out this weekend, throw back a few coca-colas, lighten up and get some dick? It couldn't hurt.

My goodness, it's football and just one of the reasons girls don't play the game. Our starting right guard shrugged it off and laughed about it, maybe some here should as well.

Still shaking it.

Re: It is part of the uniform, but that's pretty tasteless, guy.

Aug 9, 2016, 2:27 PM

Sorry.....I can't help but not think it is funny when our starting center is out with a concussion because of a fight. For me, it is about Jay getting the pratice time in. There is so little time for them to prepare. I wonder if Jay is laughing about not being able to pratice?

As for my personal life, not your business but I dont need anymore Coca-Cola. I'm all set. Thanks!

I imagine Jay & Scott have kissed, then made up.

Aug 9, 2016, 2:33 PM

No one is celebrating a concussion or injured player, but we realize shit happens in the heat of the moment & big Tye Crowder describing the commotion is a smile-wide moment for those of us that have been there and done that.

It's a booboo in the great scheme of things. Jay G. is probably the number one center in the nation. He doesn't need the reps & the passion demostrated is far greater than the ouchie. Also, Justin Falconelli getting 1st team snaps is doctor-ordered type of good and will go a long way to making the team better & deeper.

As for the coca-colas, I'm glad you know your limit - some folks do not.

Re: I imagine Jay & Scott have kissed, then made up.

Aug 9, 2016, 2:38 PM

I'm personally glad we've got 2 mean motherphuckers that aren't scared to mix it up. That's what I love to see along both lines.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

As do the coaches, make no mistake for those that might

Aug 9, 2016, 2:44 PM

not know or understand.

you know if they do this in a game to an

Aug 9, 2016, 3:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I imagine Jay & Scott have kissed, then made up. ]

Opponent they are outtathere and likely suspended

I'm sure he knows that and in 40+ years of watching Clemson

Aug 9, 2016, 3:10 PM

football, Brenston Buckner & Isaiah Battle are the only two I know that have crossed that line.

The helmet grabs, swings and fights in practice probably number in the ~thousands in that time.

Duane Coleman wasn't afraid to check a chin...then there was

Aug 10, 2016, 1:09 AM

the 04 SCU game...I could name closer to a dozen

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Duane Coleman? And the '04 South Carolina game was

Aug 10, 2016, 1:22 AM

a game & season ending brawl - clemson not allowed to entertain a bowl. That was South Carolina getting their arses kicked and fighting back the only way they had left.

The two instances resulted in player ejections.

Did Duane get kicked out of a game? Who else?

Re: you know if they do this in a game to an

Aug 9, 2016, 3:16 PM [ in reply to you know if they do this in a game to an ]

OMG Really?? I've only played football for the majority of my life and have been an avid fan for even longer and yet I had no idea that would happen.....

As long as they don't pull an Isaiah Battle I'm OK with a little extracurricular activity.

Also, You do realize that there's a big difference between gameday and grinding it out in practice in hellaciously hot weather right?

Aug 9, 2016, 2:50 PM [ in reply to I imagine Jay & Scott have kissed, then made up. ]

I look to CDS for guidance. If he ain't mad about it, neither am I.

I'm guessing you weren't referring to girls in the "natural" sense though --- and by natural, I mean how you feel on the inside.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're smarter than most and that's why you're counted...

Aug 9, 2016, 2:55 PM

among my favorites. I'd tip my hat if I wore one.

For some of the others, that's my yes to 3T's question and the why it was in italics.

Aug 9, 2016, 2:53 PM [ in reply to I imagine Jay & Scott have kissed, then made up. ]

We agree on one thing for sure. Jay is the best center in college football.

mmhm and go tigers...

Aug 9, 2016, 2:55 PM

hopefully that's a 2nd thing on which we agree?

Aug 9, 2016, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: It is part of the uniform, but that's pretty tasteless, guy. ]

Jay's ready to go. You are failing to recognize that this altercation has allowed Falcinelli to get some valuable reps in case our center should go down for real in the future.

Aug 9, 2016, 5:26 PM

Nope....I do not fail to realize it. I watched his interview where he discussed it. But based on what I have read about Dabo's practices, he would be getting the reps anyways. No?

Someone has to take Jay's reps, right now it appears Justin

Aug 9, 2016, 9:30 PM

Falc is that person. If Jay was there, Jay would be getting those reps, no?

You seem to be circling the wagons at this point, which is a fine defensive position when left no other out. It's fine if people don't like fighting or are upset over a player being injured - no one I've seen is being whimsical about Jay's protocol time out. Fighting is going to happen and when fighting happens, things sometimes go wrong. We have 115ish players and it's a perfect opportunity for next man up, since you invoked Dabo Swinney.

Justin right now is the next man up and apparently was in on Gallman's long run[would have been Jay] or so Coach Elliott said. Good for Justin.

Re: Someone has to take Jay's reps, right now it appears Justin

Aug 10, 2016, 12:18 AM

Ok...I understand that someone has to take Jay's reps. But it was my understanding that Dabo conducted pratice in a way that cycled in and out 3 different "teams". So, does Justin get all of Jay's reps plus the ones he would have gotten anyways?

I feel little need to defend my position. I had a question....the question being....will he really get more reps? Or does he change teams and play with the good on good as they seem to have termed it? Or is fall pratice conducted differently?

At this point I was more curious and my question had little to do with the fight.

I have zero idea if Justin is manning all the 1 & 2 snaps,

Aug 10, 2016, 12:50 AM

but Justin is running with the 1s, which means he's running with the best and versus the best - good on good.

That is a good thing.

This time last year, Ryan Norton was our starting center until he went down early in the season. I'm glad we had a battle tested back-up and any chance our backup has to run with the 1s is bueno, just as Justin is now doing. Things happen.

As for the other, if there are 100 snaps to go around and Jay was to man 34 of those, Justin 33[2nd Team] and ~Gabe Cerv[or other] the remaining 33, then someone is soaking Jay's 34 along the line. Next man up involves the entirety of the depth chart and those further down will need to take up slack with one fewer person to do so. Who/Whom that person(s) might be, I'm not sure or particularly care - practice will go on.

And at this point I have little notion of what you're doing, but circling seemed the nicest, least offensive or invasive way of putting it?

Re: I have zero idea if Justin is manning all the 1 & 2 snaps,

Aug 10, 2016, 1:03 AM

Agree that being on the good on good team is a good thing for him. I just don't know if it means he gets more reps like the poster I was replying to said.

I am officially done circling this topic with you. Been fun.

As for offensive, you managed that with your di....Coca-Cola comment.

Well, it wasn't intended for "you" as 3Ts was kind enough to

Aug 10, 2016, 1:11 AM

point out, but I knew collateral damage was a real possibility - still, I give that post 10/10 and will do it again.

As for the other poster, he said, has allowed Falcinelli to get some valuable reps in case our center should go down for real in the future. Nothing in that quote says Justin gets more, but maybe that was his intent? - I'm not speaking for him.

What I see is him saying Justin is getting reps with the 1s[valuable, like diamonds & platinum], which is Jay's spot and where Justin will be should Jay go down "for real".

Re: Well, it wasn't intended for "you" as 3Ts was kind enough to

Aug 10, 2016, 1:18 AM

You are right....that is what he said and I misinterpreted it.

Idk, you might be right, but most importantly, you have a

Aug 10, 2016, 1:23 AM

wonderful night.

That IS Steve Tanneyhill.***

Aug 9, 2016, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Why didn't we ever do that to Steve Tanneyhill?*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 9, 2016, 12:30 PM
pagano 2.png(11.4 K)
pagano.png(47.1 K)

:)

Can someone explain how this is funny?

Aug 9, 2016, 12:39 PM

I understand fights happens... but putting a teammate out for a week with a concussion?! Thats not funny, its stupid! Im sure Jay and his family find this all real funny...

Can someone explain how this is funny?

Aug 9, 2016, 12:39 PM

I understand fights happens... but putting a teammate out for a week with a concussion?! Thats not funny, its stupid! Im sure Jay and his family find this all real funny...

Aug 9, 2016, 12:45 PM

Must have got some pointers from Isaiah Battle

This is pretty tasteless. Between the lack of moderating

Aug 9, 2016, 12:49 PM

on the boards (looking at you, RAG) and the countless grammatical errors in the articles, I'll have to keep snippets like this in mind when it comes time to renew my membership.

Re: This is pretty tasteless. Between the lack of moderating

Aug 9, 2016, 12:54 PM

"You just got knocked the f@@k out!!!"

Re: This is pretty tasteless. Between the lack of moderating***

Aug 9, 2016, 1:42 PM [ in reply to This is pretty tasteless. Between the lack of moderating ]

Suck it up and stop whining.***

Aug 9, 2016, 3:34 PM [ in reply to This is pretty tasteless. Between the lack of moderating ]

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is pretty tasteless. Between the lack of moderating

Aug 9, 2016, 5:43 PM [ in reply to This is pretty tasteless. Between the lack of moderating ]

I'll only listen to any of you who actually put up money for this site. I've been doing it for years and I won't continue and tell others not to if I feel like it. The fact that my posts got deleted in the Clemson/Auburn announcers thread just for pointing out an error (which was later corrected) doesn't really make me think differently.

I wonder how crump will get by without your $5/ mo donation.***

Aug 9, 2016, 8:02 PM [ in reply to This is pretty tasteless. Between the lack of moderating ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wonder how crump will get by without your $5/ mo donation.***

Aug 9, 2016, 8:45 PM

@crump what do you think?

All you candy a$$3$ saying this is bad need

Aug 9, 2016, 3:03 PM

To get a pair. It's football. It's August. It's hot. It's intense. It's not a cheap shot it's football. Yes they got in a little scuffle. I'm happy about that. These guys are keyed in they are intense they are pushing one another and things will happen. If it was a bad situations the coaches would've handled it so lighten up you bunch of pu$$13$. It's football and if you don't like tough hardnosed ball players you never played he game

eek! we need a Safe Space in the new building!

Aug 9, 2016, 9:55 PM

call in a change order........

Aug 10, 2016, 12:29 AM

Hate to interrupt your little squabble over reps, lol, but has Dabo formally addressed anything regarding this situation? I'm surprised someone hasn't asked him about it directly since last Friday.

Aug 10, 2016, 12:40 AM

During the Coach Elliott interview today, he was asked about it. He said to ask Dabo. All I have heard anyone ask Dabo is when Jay would be back. He said that he did not know when exactly. He made a joke saying he will be back before the Auburn game.

That is all I have seen so far.

Aug 10, 2016, 12:51 AM

Thank ya dear!

Aug 10, 2016, 12:42 AM

If anything, thanks for posting this DH. Hope whatever happened its squashed. Hope it's settled. Boys will be boys. Leave it on the field.

I also hope that Pagano can save some of his fisticuffs for his time after Clemson.

Pagano isn't Samoan. *******

Aug 10, 2016, 1:23 AM

Replies: 96
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic