Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Expanded Role: Mike Jones excited about the chance to make an impact in 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

TNET: Expanded Role: Mike Jones excited about the chance to make an impact in 2019

Aug 22, 2019, 1:28 PM

Expanded Role: Mike Jones excited about the chance to make an impact in 2019

Leaner. Faster. Smarter. Mike Jones is ready to make an impact. Jones is the redshirt freshman linebacker out of Nashville who is expected to back up nickel/SAM linebacker Isaiah Simmons this season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Expanded Role: Mike Jones excited about the chance to make an impact in 2019

Aug 22, 2019, 2:10 PM

Jones was a huge recruiter for us after he signed, and this is the first time I have even heard his name mentioned. Hope he gets to see the field this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whooo?

Aug 22, 2019, 2:43 PM

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do realized that a bunch of old guys and gals have

Aug 22, 2019, 3:19 PM

no clue what you are talking about.

Except for the hip ones like me ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whooo?

Aug 22, 2019, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Whooo? ]

I bet they change they mind when dem 84s come rollin up!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whooo?

Aug 23, 2019, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Whooo? ]

M - I - K - E...JONES ??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny Mike Jones story

Aug 22, 2019, 5:16 PM

So me and my oldest daughter went to Fan Day. Our focus was of course Trevor Lawerance. We finally made it to him at around 4:20. The line for the DL and WR'S was still long so we hit the TE'a and LB's.

We got to the table and Mike is the first LB there. He had a towel over his shoulder and you cou uldnt see his number. I just happened to be wearing an old #6 jersey from the Whitehurst days. After Mike signed my poster I asked where Isaiah Simmons was. He said he'd gone to the rest room. Jokingly I said well he needs to hurry up. Just about that time he walks up. I said i was waiting on him and it was perfect timing. He looked at Mike and said yeah, he didnt come over here to see you. We all had a little laugh. Mike looks at Isaiah and nods "watch". He looks at my jersey and goes, who is #6 on this team. I acted like I didnt know and his number was still covered by his towel. I acted like I was having a hard time and then said, man, i know its a linebacker..man who is it. Mike jumps up and pulls his towel off and goes its ME. Isaiah was almost in tears. I told Mike I knew all along and was messing with him. I said just for that Im gonna get you to sign this old #6 jersey. Isaiah whips out his phone and says I gotta get a pic of this, the one and only #6 Clemson jersey he'll ever sign. So me and my #6 Mike Jones jersey are in the photo gallery of Isaiah Simmons' phone.

Those guys along with every other player we met were as gracious and down to earth as anyone you'll meet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Expanded Role: Mike Jones excited about the chance to make an impact in 2019

Aug 22, 2019, 6:05 PM

Can’t wait... I really think he’s going to step up and get a ton of playing time. Ball out MJ, ball out !!!! Be a big part of being the first Tiger team to get back to back natty’s!!!!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 6:20 PM

Sounds like things are beginning to click for Mr. Jones. Good stuff. We need him as a solid back up and eventual starter. I think this group of LB’s is going to exceed expectation.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2019, 8:28 AM

https://youtu.be/QoXctYrm9_I

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic