Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Korncoot to host show on Clemson Network
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Korncoot to host show on Clemson Network

Jul 10, 2018, 4:23 PM

Saw this morning that WCCP will have Phil Kornblut as an evening host.

Why do they need a coot on the flagship station for Clemson athletics?

Sorry if Germans!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Korncoot to host show on Clemson Network

Jul 10, 2018, 4:27 PM

Already have one on air. Brad. Just collecting coots.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This has to be his statewide nightly show on the

Jul 10, 2018, 5:00 PM

SC SportsTalk network. WCCP used to carry the show years ago.

Funniest part of this.

Jul 10, 2018, 5:01 PM

FGF had a thread about it too.. Said that the best place for the "tater" was the Clemson network.. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Funniest part of this.

Jul 10, 2018, 5:11 PM

He is definitely a Coot Homer but he tries to act like he cares about Clemson. But he does have that co-anchor that is a Clemson fan to try to bring some unbiased Clemson to the show. Then they have Teddy or whatever his name is and he is a Coot Homer too.

I have to listen to him here in Charleston area.

Jul 10, 2018, 6:06 PM

Yea, but remember when he went up the podium when a player committed to Clemson, one they believed they were getting, and Korncoot went up and took his recorder away!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2018, 6:46 PM

That wasn't korncoot. That was super #### fan jolly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw8CGko7NMc

Jul 10, 2018, 10:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Funniest part of this. ]

Well, I'm in Greenville, and I can assure you that I DO NOT "have to listen to him."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What? Paul Finebaum wasn’t available?

Jul 10, 2018, 6:14 PM

Since we’re talking about people that just have Clemson’s best interests at heart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: What? Paul Finebaum wasn’t available?

Jul 11, 2018, 8:33 AM

At least Feinbaum (and I can't stand him) did get a job with a big name outfit. Korncoot shouldn't even be able to find a job pumping gas anywhere but cola.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Value really comes from the guest interviews. Entertainment

Jul 10, 2018, 11:38 PM

value from the callers and more so from the gamecocks filled with delusion. Phil is a lazy journalist, reporting on what others report or gets his info from limited sources (uscc contact/coaches who feed him rumors as fact allowing him to say it's just what his sources say.) There's also some guy they call the professor who is supposed to be a wealth of information, but sounds more like a middle school kid espousing what his dad told him.

Re: Value really comes from the guest interviews. Entertainment

Jul 11, 2018, 8:38 AM

My impression of him is just what you said. He is a wannabe, but he hitched his wagon to a horse (pony) that can't make the journey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2018, 8:30 AM

That is my question, too. Why him. I think there was talk of Dabo banning him from our press corpse meetings due to his obvious and unabashed bias, anyway.

I heard Todd Ellis was replacing Don Munson as well.***

Jul 11, 2018, 10:12 AM

Re: I heard Todd Ellis was replacing Don Munson as well.***

Jul 11, 2018, 10:23 AM

" You have got to be kidding me!"A Todd qouote sounding like a hoarse horse. (Not even close to an original quote)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 11, 2018, 10:22 AM

KornCOOT is the worst

Jul 11, 2018, 10:48 AM

THEY ARE JUST PICKING UP HIS SHOW THAT AIRS STATEWIDE FROM 6-8 AND GOING TO PLAY IT FROM 7-9 ON TAPE DELAY. HE IS NOT ACTUALLY A WCCP HOST. HE IS A COOT NO DOUBT BUT HE DOES COVER USC AND CLEMSON WAY BETTER THAN SOME OF THE HOSTS ON WCCP RIGHT NOW. HE OR ONE OF HIS OTHER HOSTS WILL BE AT ALMOST EVERY EVENT CLEMSON IS INVOLVED WITH. CANT SAY THAT ABOUT CCP.

Just listen to WNCW during that time.***

Jul 11, 2018, 11:52 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic