Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 724

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 24, 2020, 7:57 AM

Friday night, little bit of shopping and not much else.

Saturday, off to Dad's birthday and step-sister birthday and baby shower extravaganza. That got boring very quickly. Back home to catch a friend's band at Velo Fellow.

Sunday, yard work and getting the smoker seasoned. I figure Some wings may get done next week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won in shooty hoops but I didn't die.

Feb 24, 2020, 8:00 AM

Friday - Had pizza from Columbo's

Sattidy - Paid for it. Throwing up all day. Had to miss a service for my neighbor's wife who passed last week.

Sunday - Watched golf the off to a client dinner at Chophouse 47. Good stuff.

5/10 cuz Sattidy.

Message was edited by: wilbur82®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Columbo's pizza is bad now? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!

Feb 24, 2020, 8:12 AM

That is a Greenr family staple when we go to Clemson.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The pizza tasted great.

Feb 24, 2020, 8:13 AM

Maybe it was the burger from Paws I had for lunch.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 24, 2020, 8:00 AM

Friday night did nothing and nursed a hangover from Thursday still.

Sat...A lot of time on Tnet, but I dis go on a mellow bike ride to the beach.

Sun...Cleaned house, but did go out with some girl last night for drinks. Nothing happened other than her running up my bar tab.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they don't let you make some seggs on them

Feb 24, 2020, 8:10 AM

you are legally allowed to make them pay you back. I saw it on Judge Joe Brown once.

Day at Sierra Nevada already documented

Feb 24, 2020, 8:01 AM

Hard to add up all that was consumed...Last time there, beer not impressive and the crowds are ridiculous...most of all
It was too cold for spandex bottoms!

Blurry as per usual

Feb 24, 2020, 8:01 AM

Daughter of went to dinner and a movie at a friends house.

I got to have a beer and get to go food from Art’s while waiting to pick her up.

Saturday morning sky zone for toddler time. Mt P moms gonna Mt P

Dropped kids off at in-laws, lunch with Mrs Fluff, nap time

Private showing from Yesterday’s Wine at Papi’s on IOP, ‘‘twas awesome.

Sunday AM at Rotary Soccer from 8-1, then home to watch monitor while JR slept.

Pizza for dinner.

Pretty durn good really

Despite Art's being Art's, the food is pretty good.

Feb 24, 2020, 9:28 AM

If you can get past the smell of stale beer and vomit inside Arts, the food is good. I saw Magwood dropping off a bunch of shrimp there one afternoon at HH; they have some of the freshest shrimp around.

I haven't been to Papi's since last year, but the food was great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Art’s food is really good

Feb 24, 2020, 9:34 AM

It is also, extremely divey

The food at Papi’s is still really good.

Laid back

Feb 24, 2020, 8:03 AM

Friday supper at the Germans’ house - always an excellent meal
Saturday took mom around town on errands while wife was at workshop
Sunday basically lounged around while wife did day 2 of workshop

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Step-sister?

Feb 24, 2020, 8:04 AM

Fri - Home early, picked up pizza early (Marcos), wife went to overnight with friends. Kids and I watched Secrete Life of Pets 2

Sat - Stayed home all day with kids, wife arrived home about 2:00. Later, grilled burgers over the fire pit and they were amazing.

Sun - Church in the morning, McJr and I cleaned up the rose bush, hydrangeas, and decapitated a confederate jasmine. Then we cut down a small tree with a handsaw. Church in the evening where I destroyed a one armed 9th grader in ping pong 8 games to 0.

Wife went to overnight with "friends"?

Feb 24, 2020, 8:07 AM

Was she walking funny when she got home the next day?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

yeah,

Feb 24, 2020, 11:48 AM

- - - - - - _ ¦ ¦ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¦
- - - _ _ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ? ¦ HONK HONK- ITS A TRUCK ¦¦ ? ¦¦¦¦
_ _ _ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ? ¦ FULL OF DEETZ ¦¦¦ ¦ ? ¦ ..¦ ¦ ¦ ¦
¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ¦
¯ (@)¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ (@)(@)¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ (@)¯ ?

Not too shabby

Feb 24, 2020, 8:05 AM

Fri - messed around during the day, nothing of note. Hung out with the wife at home late that evening, crushed some beers

Sat - Ran errands a good bit of the day, bought new ceiling fan for bedroom and faucet for kitchen. Neither one are installed yet. Enjoyed oyster roast at the club that evening with some friends. Crushed some beers and oysters, like a LOT of oysters. Hit downtown for a little while before babysitter had to go home. Crashed.

Sun - Got out of the house to play golf and enjoy nice weather. Played like a$s. Mexican for supper. Tired at the end of long weekend so no redhead things, but that will likely be remedied tonight.

8.5/10, +1 for oysters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Feb 24, 2020, 8:09 AM

Friday last basketball game(s) for the season. Kids played well (as well as 4,6, and 8 year olds play). The 8-year old's team really put together a good game, passed well, etc. Kids still cannot shoot worth a fuck. Daughter took one shot, airballed it over the backboard. Impressive strength, terrible accuracy. She had a couple rebounds and had fun. 6 year old hit a 3-pointer and a couple other baskets. We may move him up next year to the full 10ft goals. 4 year old played. Dinner at RoCo where they had Sexual Chocolate on tap.

Saturday took the kids to a color run at the local high school, raising money for a scholarship in the name of a girl who died of alcohol poisoning. Wife ran with one dog, friend ran with another. I took the puppy to just be cute and supervise the boys. Daughter ran as well and the boys helped thrown color on people. Left and went to the gym so I could get a run in outside while wife worked out a little more. Hit 6 or 7 miles at a great pace, beautiful morning. Lunch somewhere then groceries, then home to help Dad get back in the house. Spent a few days in the hospital with what ended up being more concussion symptoms. Saturday night I sliced open my dogs neck with scissors trying to cut a dread lock off and so that was a nice $250 emergency vet bill. I think he could have waited until this morning but it needed fixing anyways. FML. Ruined the nice day TBH.

Sunday church, basketball banquet, home where everyone napped then regular sunday evening things getting ready for Monday.

I did make some sweet-ass jean cutoffs from an old pair of jeans I found and wore them all day Saturday. I may wear those all summer.

Still haven't celebrated Valentine's Day. Not sure what the statute of limitations is, but I guess we are beyond that.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2020, 8:09 AM

Very EATY and WORKY.

Had disaster recovery all day on Saturday, so I just sat at my desk and smoked weed until I was stupid while playing video games and listening for people to Skype me. It was pretty okay overall.

Ate ribeye, ate street tacos, ate these little steak crostinis I made (New York strip, bleu cheese, arugula and A1). ate Lowcountry boil with crab legs and clams. I forgot to snag a picture of the Lowcountry boil because drunk.

Hung out by the fire last night. Watched the Walking Dead and fapped furiously towards the end of the episode when Negan got naked.

Re: nice spread***

Feb 24, 2020, 8:14 AM

Re: nice spread***

Feb 24, 2020, 8:23 AM

Honestly wasn't expecting much out of the last photo since it was something I found online, but it was honestly the best thing I've eaten in a long time. It stole the show from the Lowcountry boil.

Almost #### out my pancreas this morning

Feb 24, 2020, 8:11 AM

Friday: Don't remember.

Saturday: Helped move my grandfather-in-law into his new nursing home. Got home that night and fixed wife of's car.

Sunday: Lazy day all day. Didn't feel good all week. Culminated on Sunday. Spent the afternoon playing baseball in the front yard like all good red blooded Americans do. That night went and ate chili at sister in law's.

Not bad weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

pretty swell

Feb 24, 2020, 8:13 AM

Back in the hometown to visit family.

Was able to meet some old friends I have seen in a couple of years. Amazing what can change that quickly.

Had a few interviews in the upstate that went well, and would imagine I'll be back around sooner than later. Few more interviews in Rock Hill today/tomorrow before heading back to Georgia.

Got to continue packing and moving, so anything is better than that anyways right now.

Lots of driving around mostly though.

If you're coming to Rock Hill....

Feb 24, 2020, 9:36 AM

Ve vill need to see your papers, please.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bruh, don't go to the Earth Fare interview, they

Feb 24, 2020, 9:37 AM [ in reply to pretty swell ]

are closing.

Fun Weekend.

Feb 24, 2020, 8:52 AM

Friday, went out and got hammered with a couple of co-workers to blow off some steam because work has been ###### to us lately.

Saturday - Woke up, cleared my head, and then went to home depot. Picked up the stuff I needed to finally build a shelf in my garage. Came back home, built the shelf, then spent the afternoon futzing around. Went to total wine, and picked up some Bakery Cherry Pie Stout from The Bruery, and a few four-packs of Prarie's Rainbow Sherbet.

Sunday - Went out to Jester King Since I hadn't been in a while. They are making huge leaps and bounds out there, they've added in paved paths and better stairs, but the actual point of the trip was to try out Li-Fi, their collab with creature comforts, which was good, so I bought a bottle to go. Spent the rest of the day doing laundry and cleaning up around the house.

Feb 24, 2020, 9:17 AM

Friday was a day off work and school due to the .0001 inches of snow we got Thursday afternoon. The kids and I headed up to Beech Mtn for the day. Skied, skied some more and came home to crash on the couch but not before grocery shopping.

Saturday I worked in the morning from the house, then went to lowes to get supplies to replace a piece of trim in the kitchen. I don't recall much else happening Saturday. Oh yeah went to see Sonof play the tuba in a band concert and picked up Chinese on the way home.

Sunday, worked most of the working removing glue from the kitchen floor where the previous home owner did a chitty job putting the trim down, did some laundry, edited some photos and then cooked some chili. Had my brother over and his gf/fiancee to look at some photobooth stuff for their wedding. Watched some TV and went to bed for some sexy time.

WHERE ARE THE DANGED ELK PICTURES?!!?!?!?***

Feb 24, 2020, 9:38 AM

Man we haven't been to Danged in a very long time

Feb 24, 2020, 9:44 AM

I will try to get up there this year b/c their elk pose so well for me the last time I went.

Re: WHERE ARE THE DANGED ELK PICTURES?!!?!?!?***

Feb 24, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to WHERE ARE THE DANGED ELK PICTURES?!!?!?!?*** ]

Thass Maggie Valley!

Acceptable on the world-renowned RH Tig Weekend Rating Scale

Feb 24, 2020, 9:28 AM

Friday, headed over to check on RH Mom after work, then home for meatloaf and gouda mac & cheese and several ice cold Schlitz. Settled into the big chair for concert night on the Austin Music Live channel. Watched Eric Tessmer (very Hendrix-like blues rock), then Torino Black (just good rock and roll), and the Matt Gilmour Band (son of David, and as Pink Floydy as you would expect). Finally ended up crashing around 1:00 am.

Saturday, chores, chores, and more chores. Then rode out to do a few errands, stopped in Academy they were having a 75% off the last marked price on all Fiesta Bowl and Clemson Natty t-shirts. Nike t-shirts were $6.50, regular t-shirts were $4.50. Didn't really need a Natty reminder, but ended up buying Mom a Nike Fiesta Bowl t-shirt. Took the pup over to run at Mom's while I fixed a few things around the house for her, then home to grab the bass and beers and off to LOUD rock and roll jam session. Started early, finished late, worked up a few new tunes, and had a blast.

Sunday, pup woke my up wanting to play. Stumbled down for coffee and had a pretty slow morning because we played a few beers longer than normal the night before. Finally got moving and took the pup for a hike along the river, then off to the grocery store. Came back and put groceries away, then took pup over to Mom's to hang out for a while. Then home to cook NY strips, tortellini, and broccoli salad, watch Walking Dead and Better Call Saul, then crash.

I'm not being overly generous when I say it ended up as a very solid 10/10.

Not bad.

Feb 24, 2020, 9:40 AM

Friday-Went to happy hour at The Southern around 5:30, stayed long enough to run up a $40 bar tab. That's when I know its time to go home.

Saturday-Slept late because, well, why not. Goofed off all day, and then later went over a friends house to watch the Fury/Wilder fight. There were probably 15 parents over, and at least a dozen kids ranged from 12-16. I DON'T KNOW HOW (or why) YOU PEOPLE DO THIS. It was complete chaos in there--kids running around, loud, screaming. Holy Crap my nerves were shot 15 minutes into that. I hung out for about an hour and couldn't take it anymore. Left around 11 came home and watched TV until I fell asleep. Still no idea who won the fight.

Sunday-Slept late again, because, well, why not. Should have gotten up and gone fishing, but didn't. Sat around bored for a bit, then went to Red's for a beer around 2, then got inspired and put the boat in. The boat actually cranked up (hasn't been started since November), but the trim/tilt on the engine is fscked. Gotta schedule to get that fixed this week.

First off, I lied about that dammmed bird that woke me up.

Feb 24, 2020, 9:42 AM

I got up Saturday and tried to sort out some of the mess I'd made of my tool shed during the rainy and cold we'd had. I actually got one of the door panels mounted in my project car.

Sunday the bird was back again, It was a Robin and the song was sweet so I got up and put the other three panels on the remaining doors.

You may not think this is a big deal and it's probably not for most lungers but this old man is down to one artery opened by a stint and the other open artery widened by a balloon.

So I'm going with a 8/10 for this weekend and planning to finish the interior over the next two weeks if the sun holds the clouds back and the temps don't drop much.

Thank you for asking.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty relaxing.

Feb 24, 2020, 11:28 AM

Friday: Went to friends house for a couple of beers.

Saturday: Worked, went to pond, played golf, went to eat with friends.

Sunday: Went to church, ate dinner with mom, picked up MfOjr. played golf, took him to church practice, cooked pizza, read and called it a weekend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty good.

Feb 24, 2020, 11:30 AM

I've managed to get hammered for 10 days in a row, and plan on keeping the streak alife today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to a Clemson alumni even Friday night

Feb 24, 2020, 3:11 PM

which was fun because not a whole lot of opportunities for that sort of thing here. President Clements is awesome. Slightly awkward because I ran into someone I hooked up with a few times and haven't seen in 20 years. Thank goodness for wine.

Did this fling have a significant other with them?***

Feb 24, 2020, 3:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, and both my husband and MOM were with me.***

Feb 24, 2020, 3:13 PM

Well, how did they stack up?

Feb 24, 2020, 3:23 PM

Did you dodge a bullet by just using this dude for jollies?

I mean, I was 19 so I can't be held responsible for any

Feb 24, 2020, 3:30 PM

of my actions.

There was an awkward moment of do we hug, do we pretend not to know each other?

My husband made a jab at him outkicking his coverage with the wife, before I even had a chance to fill him in... so there's that.

Replies: 37
| visibility 724
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic